Accident - am i handling it right

labrat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wife was in an accident in her parents car

she was stationary at the traffic lights when a lady on her phone hit them from behind

they exchange details etc and the ladys boyfriend has phone to say that hes quite happy to go cash route rather than insurance but will go that way if needed

its not done much to the car as it hit the towbar its bent the electric hookups

the father in law is also taking it to a garage as he tows regually and wants to check its not done any damage

however the chaps now not answering

the current plan is

• text both numbers we have with the information that if there is no reply then we will assume he wishes to go through the insurance route
  • if tihs isnt answered then contact the insurance and request that they arange the inspection of the car
  • if there is any damage then to claim for that, if no damage to claim for the cost of the inspection
  • to push for her to accept 100% liability as she hit a stationary vehicle at a red light

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Not to inform the insurer in any case would

be a material non disclosure and if it came

to light could affect future insurance quotes.

Are the details provided by the driver genuine??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If you don't make a claim then you do not have to declare it as a claim (but you do if they ask you for any accidents). However it may be that the accident has caused other damage that is not immediately obvious. If you decide to go the cash route then any further damages may not be willingly paid for. Also any future issues which resulted in an accident your insurer may refuse to pay out on because they may determine that the cause was due to a fault with the vehicle that you knew about but did not have adequately repaired.

All in all it's better to declare a claim - especially so when it is not your fault.

• 2 weeks later...

well the damage was minimal

it bent the metal holding the electric sockets (bent back into shape by hand)

and one clip of the bumper came off, (sorted)

lady just dropped off around £300 to in laws

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: