PCN nightmare - need to fill out TE7 form

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone I hope you would be kind enough to help me.

On 7th July last year I got a PCN for being parked on VERY faded/cracked double yellow lines. My understanding is that for the PCN to be valid they need to be clear unbroken, and meet the payment at each end?

Anyway I took pictures immediately on my phone and emailed them to the appeals email address on the PCN.

I got an email back from a woman confirming she had forwarded the pictures to the relevant department for appeals.

Then...nothing! I hoped they had realised their mistake and scrapped it.

I then recieved a letter reminding me about the PCN, and the charge had been increased. I called the number on the letter to inform them I'd appealed and hadn't heard back, and they sent me a TE9 form.

In honesty (being self employed) this then sat on my desk for a while before I sent it off informing them I hadn't heard back from my appeal within 28 days.

I then got this returned to me, saying I'd sent it back outside of the specified timeframe. Included was a form TE7 where I need to explain why.

I got this on 23rd Jan 2012 and it's sat on my desk since, on my ever growing to do list! They have now sent a bailiffs letter threatening repossesion of my goods if I don't pay within 7 days.

I called the Traffic Enforcement centre and they said there's no timeframe on returning the TE7 form (bizarrely) so I'm still OK to send this back today/tomorrow, and when I do, they'll suspend the bailiffs while they review it.

So what reason do I give on the TE7 form for late response? Is being a busy, young, self employed person just trying to make an honest living good enough or should I go down the route that I have very mild Autism and didn't understand the form hence didn't complete it on time? Or am I barking up completely the wrong tree?

Thanks in advance

I don't see you have a viable reason. You have to file the TE9 in the specified time, and according to what you say, you let it sit on your desk and time out.

There's no realistic grounds to file it late - but it's worth doing anyway. You've nothing to lose, but it will almost certainly be rejected.

Usually because someone moved house and all the official notices when to their former address. Then, the bailiff found them and started chasing them for the money. In that case, they couldn't file in time because they were unaware of the debt.

Or, someone was abroad and didn't receive correspondence. Or the council had the door number wrong - that sort of thing.

Seems you were sent and received the TE9, so unless you can convince them that you didn't receive it or the prior notices, they will almost certainly reject it.

Still, as I say, your chances are better than zero, so worth a try.