Fare evasion pleassse helppp

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey! Basically thus is wat happend ! I got on the train for pically and a ticket chek took place, i didnt have time

To buy a ticket in the morning but was gna buy one on

The train ! Wen the ticket officer came a showed him

A ticket i had already used but was still valid ! N wen he asked me if i had used it before i said no as the train was full and everyone was looking at me ! He said he wud check

Cctv and see if the ticket was used or not ! I realised i had made a mistake and then asked to speak to the

Conductor further down the train an admitted i used the ticket before ! He took my details and sed i wud b sent a letter for evasion ! I knw this all my stupid fault but wat can i do to avoid legal action and a criminal record as that wud leave me unable to carry on with my degree and get a job! Pleassseee Help !!!

Hey! Basically thus is wat happend ! I got on the train for pically and a ticket chek took place, i didnt have time

To buy a ticket in the morning but was gna buy one on

The train ! Wen the ticket officer came a showed him

A ticket i had already used but was still valid ! N wen he asked me if i had used it before i said no as the train was full and everyone was looking at me ! He said he wud check

Cctv and see if the ticket was used or not ! I realised i had made a mistake and then asked to speak to the

Conductor further down the train an admitted i used the ticket before ! He took my details and sed i wud b sent a letter for evasion ! I knw this all my stupid fault but wat can i do to avoid legal action and a criminal record as that wud leave me unable to carry on with my degree and get a job! Pleassseee Help !!!

Hello and welcome to CAG. I expect the guys will be along to advise as and when their day jobs permit. I hope they understand txtspk, because most of us aren't students :).

You may have to wait for their letter to see what they want to do, but from what I've read on the forum, you were unable to show a valid ticket when asked to produce one and this can lead to a penalty or prosecution. There is no point ringing them at this stage because they won't have allocated a reference to your case yet and won't be able to trace the paperwork.

Once the letter arrives which could be 6-8 weeks, you'll have a chance to explain your side of things and ask if they are prepared to settle out of court. They don't have to.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yh it was a standard ticket but it wasnt stamped the first time i used it! I knw it was my mistake showing it him

But then i did admit i used it an bought a tiket eventhough the revenue guy said i didnt need to buy one. I am

Really confused and worried !!

You mean like "you do not have to say anything" sort of caution, Okay your best sitting tight and waiting for FCC to write to you to see what they are going to prosecute you with, I wouldnt start worrying about fines and convictions at this moment in time.

How do we know it's FCC? I don't think any TOC will show much lenience with reused Anytime Returns to be honest. They've gone to tremendous lengths including altering the period of validity of ticket types Anytime/Off Peak Returns and banishing Anytime Returns for many short distance trips to try and reduce precisely this type of fraud.

Best of luck anyway!

This is very likely to result in prosecution in my view.

We would need a bit more information to be able to give any meaningful suggestion in any specific case, but in general any attempted re-use is viewed as a deliberate fraudulent intent.

Was this the outward half of a two-part ticket and did you have the return half of that ticket with you, or were you using the return portion?