style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:|

A bailiff (Jacob's) came earlier while I was out and left a letter stating they intend to seize goods tomorrow re: a Liability Order issued by the Magistrates Court due to Council Tax arrears.

What can I do to stop them accessing my home? I am in receipt of £50 a week Working Tax Credits and have no other income at present (registered S/E). If I had money to pay my arrears, I would, but I don't. I'm not even going to get started on the fact a single person should have a greater reduction than at present, or that Council Tax even exists...

Thanks in advance.

:-x

A bailiff collecting council tax has no right of entry nor can they force entry

Keep all doors and windows secure at all times

If you have a car move it off the drive so they can not levy on it

NEVER sigh any paperwork from a bailiff

I would suggest you may fall into the vulnerable category with low income Bailiff action should be stopped

Normally if you ring the council they will tell you it is in the hands of the bailiffs and to deal with them are the council aware of your situation with income ect???

The use of bailiffs is the first step for the council to collect ct if they are unable to do so it will get handed back to the council given time with the normal fees added on

Do not let them in your home if need be talk through letterbox or upstairs window if need be ignore door they cannot get a locksmith or any other threats they come out with

If you feel threatened in anyway when they addend call the police

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Provide proof of your income to both Council & Bailiffs and ask that consideration be given to the Council taking the account back as you believe you are considered vulnerable according to the National Standards for Enforcement Agents.

Do you have a separate lockable door to your home? If so then it doesn't matter what your neighbour does. He won't turn up with the Police or a locksmith, he is full of threats & bullsh1t. There is no law that says you have to deal with or speak to a Bailiff and providing you deny him access to your home there is little he can do except hand back your account to the Council. Have a good read of some other threads on here.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If they get in the main door that would not count as peaceful entry as they would have to get past your front door to your flat/ unit.

The police cannot force you to open your door to a bailiff

I would say contact the council and explain your situation and they should call off bailiff action

You will be breaking NO LAW if you refuse to deal with the bailiffs

If the council refuse to take debt back hang in there with time bailiffs will give up and hand it back and hound some other poor sole.

No harm in ignoring bell at all

COUNCIL TAX BAILIFFS BULLY BOYS HAVE NO POWER TO FORCE ENTRY

Do not phone bailiffs deal with council which may have to be by letter e mail see how you get on when you phone them,but i expect they will say in the hands of the bailiffs and to contact them

The chance is they will not re attend tomorrow but they will at some point

keep door locked and secure

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)