Very and isme

tricia44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and thank you for the response,

as said I emailed Neil Chandler and today received a worrying reply,

( as suggested in the email I was NOT asked to contact after six months

and nobody up until 2 hours ago tried to contact me and I missed the call)

The original agrrement for six monthe was done via telephone call and I did not receive ANY confirmation email.

lI have pasted the email here:

I am writing further to your email addressed to Neil Chandler concerning the repayments on your Very and isme accounts.

As a member of Neil's team your email has been forwarded for me to look in to.

I recall speaking with you regarding your previous repayment arrangement in March 2012.

I agreed to set a repayment arrangement on both accounts for 6 instalments and as a gesture of goodwill, I suspended the account interest.

I explained via telephone you would need to contact us before the arrangement expired in order to discuss the repayments going forward

and this was also confirmed in the letter sent to you from Neil Chandler on 11 April 2012.

As you have failed to contact us, your arrangements have completed and your accounts have been returned to our normal arrears collections procedure.

I did try to call you to discuss this with you today without success.

The outstanding balance on your Very account is £3249.68 and you are in arrears of £886.57.

The outstanding balance on your isme account is £1890.75 and you are in arrears of £790.01.

When assessing accounts for a reduced repayment arrangement, we must come to an agreement suitable for both the company and the customer.

I appreciate your offer of repayment is £50 per statement and I did accept this previously as a goodwill gesture.

In accordance with our current criteria,

we would expect a repayment arrangement to bring the accounts up to date within 6 months and currently we would be asking for payments exceeding your offer.

As such, I would respectfully suggest you seek advice from either the Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) or the Citizen's Advice Bureau (CAB)

and ask for assistance with your finances going forward.

In order to consider your offer of repayment, we must receive details of your income and expenditure so we understand your current circumstances.

In order to give you the opportunity to seek the relevant advice and to provide us with the necessary information to proceed,

I have reset the repayment arrangements on your account for 4 instalments only of £50.

Account interest will be suspended for 4 statements.

However, if we do not receive the information required, your account will follow our normal arrears collections procedure

and interest will resume as per the terms and conditions of your account.

A payment is due by 12 October 2012 on your Very account and by 19 October 2012 on your isme account.

Please ensure the correct payments are received in order to avoid further administration charges being applied to your accounts.

My findings will now be forwarded to our Executive office and a final response will be issued in due course.

Kind regards

I have to say thank you for your response,

however, I feel you make it sound so very simple (I'm sure it is to you),

I want you to understand how scared this has made me feel and I am not as knowledgeable as you.

I have offered £50 to each catalogue and the email above is the response,

following your answer I now send an SAR (which I have been unable to do so until now due to finances) and remake the offer.

I also have another catalogue Studio 24 who have been charging me £20 per month for late payments,

I have all the statements proving this,

(From reading post on this forum I believe I do not require an SAR from them)

and have recently posted asking what the next step is, at present I have had no response.

I am in this mess due to the company I worked for going into liquidation and due to the stress my husband had a stroke leaving us very scared and vulnerable,

I'm sorry if I am coming across as unintelligent,

but I'm finding things difficult at the moment,

this catalogue business is a drop in the ocean compared to the other finances I am dealing with.

Kind regards

OK.

You need to bear in mind that these catalogue debts are the lowest priority. You must concentrate on your priority outgoings such as rent/mortgage, council tax, utilities food etc etc.

While this may not be an easy time for you at the moment you must be strong in the knowledge that you are in control of this and not the other side. Hence the advice that you tell these people what they are going to get. You have at the moment got 4 payments of £50 arranged but if that is too much for you then you pay them less.

You say you have an account for which you have all of the statements. This will be littered with charges for late payment, going over the limit etc all of which can be reclaimed.

As you have all of the data for that account then that would be a good one to start with. Complete the attached spreadsheet following the instructions in the notes tab. Set the interest rate to the one which they charge on the account and set the "Claim To" date to today.

When you have done that come back here and let us know what figure the spreadsheet comes up with and we can help you move forward from there.

Are you able to tell us what these other financial problems are as we may well be able to help you with those as well.

CISheet v101.xls

Hi and thank you for your reply.

I have followed the above info and filled in the spreadsheet and this is the figure I have £714.29.

Regarding the other finances,

I stupidly paid a debt management to help me out,

which became more of a burden than the finances themselves,

so I opted out and approached the debts my self,

at present I am paying

3 x loans,

2 x overdrafts, ( I switched banks)

2 x credit cards

1 x store card,

mortgage x interest only,

all of which agreed to accept lower payments and freezing interest.

thank you again for your help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have made a start with studio 24 and sent this off to them,

[ATTACH]38970[/ATTACH]

I have received this response

Thank you for your recent communication which has been forwarded for my attention.

Having investigated our records I have noted that a total of £100.00 has been added to your account

due to payments not being received as requested on the statements that have been issued.

Statements are issued every 28 days advising you of the minimum payment and the payment due date.

Should your payment reach us after the due date, your account will fall into arrears and incur a default sum.

In light of the recent OFT investigation we are currently reviewing our default sums.

However, until this review is complete our normal trading terms apply.

However, not withstanding this, as a gesture of goodwill and without prejudice,

I have credited the £100.00 from your account.

We are prepared to further reimburse an amount of £6.09. being the sum of interest calculated at 8%

being the limit permissible by the court for any interest claimed,

leaving a balance of £346.00.

In order to avoid future default sums please ensure that the minimum payment is made by the due date.

If for reason you are unable to do this I would suggest you contact us,

so that we can attempt to make arrangements to accommodate this

and avoid the need to apply a default sum to your account.

Under the Court's guidance,

the 'Statue of limitations' says you can only reclaim charges for the past six years.

May I take this opportunity to clarify that information on all our accounts and their behaviour is submitted to the credit reference agencies.

This includes whether payments are made on time or how behind customer(s) are with their payment.

Unfortunately, we are unable to amend the records held with the credit reference agencies as they do show a true reflection of your payment history.

If you are dissatisfied with this response to your complaint you may be able to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of the date of this letter.

Please find enclosed a leaflet detailing the Financial Ombudsman Service and our own complaints procedure.

So my total was £307.62 including Service Charges,

which I'm not sure whether I can reclaim,

can anyone advise me as to whether this is acceptable

Many Thanks

Tricia

You now have to decide whether you are going to accept their offer or not.

I see on your spreadsheet you have listed the service charges...this is in effect interest and shouldn't feature in your list but the rate of interest you have claimed at 8% is probably less than they were charging on the account.

I would re-do the spreadsheet to see how their offer stacks up with the corrected figures and make your decision from there.

Hi and many thanks for your reply

having recalculated without the service charges,

I see that the offer is more than acceptable and I am very pleased with the result ,s

o having dealt with the easier company I am now in the process of trying to reclaim miss-sold PPI from an ongoing Halifax Loan,

I was told I couldn't have the loan without PPI, I have sent off the SAR,

one of my concerns throughout this time is, all the company's I am going to tackle are allowing me to pay at reduced payments

and have frozen the interest (all but one) is this going to have an effect on this ( are they going to demand more money from me as a punishment ?}

I have the following Accounts:

Credit Card LLoyds TSB outstanding £7161.05 in the hands of BLS reduced monthly payment £81.00

Current Account LLoyds Tsb outstanding overdraft £6409.34 in the hands of BLS reduced monthly payment £60.00

Current Account LLoyds Tsb outstanding overdraft £980.60 in the hands of Apex reduced monthly payment £25.00

Current Account LLoyds Tsb outstanding overdraft £2142.05 in the hands of BLS reduced monthly payment £25.00

Loan Account LLoyds TSB outstanding £10210.00 in the hands of Wescott reduced monthly payment £103

Nat west credit card outstanding £2414.09 £55.00 monthly refusing to lower the payments and freeze interest,

because I messed up my I/E form and charging me £12.00 every month for late payments.

Halifax Loan outstanding £7072 PPi Included reduced payments £50 in the hands of Blair Oliver and Scott, I have sent off SAR

Wonga PDL £553.00 due 28th October,

I have rang and asked for a PPP and I am still waiting on there Email for I/E, (I have rang them twice already today)

Quick quid £350 due end of November

Mortgage £101000.00 interest only payments £260.00 per month

Also the catalogues I have mentioned previously on here which amount to approx £4500.

Laying this out like this has made me realise, I have no idea where I am up to or what I am going to do I feel like I am sinking very quickly,

I am managing the payments although I am left with only a small manageable amount to live on

( I have 2 teenagers) but following my husbands stroke I am thinking bankruptcy might be my only option and I totally dread this.

Reduce your monthly payments to the non priority debts.

Make sure the mortgage and other priorities like Council Tax, Light and Heat etc. are taken care of.

All of the £12 charges (or any other unlawful charge amounts for that matter) you mention should be reclaimed with interest.

Start a file of some sort for each of the accounts so that you can easily refer to them and just take them a step at a time.

The reclaims you are putting in are likely to make a significant difference to the amounts you owe.

Don't forget, you are in control of this, not them.

Start a thread in the appropriate forum for each debt you are going to tackle and we can help you with all of them.

click the main forum button up the top

scroll down till you see their name in the banks list

click on it

click post a new threead in blue on the left

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have you ever got a copy of your CRA file?

might be an idea.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

where does your income get paid too and what is your income?

benefits?

you need to setup an account NOT LINKED

to

any bank group you currently owe money to

and get it paid in their.

so YOU have control.

i'm concerned upon the level of payment to all the

credit cards and the loan with wetcloths

you REALLY should be reducing those down to £10-£20 PCM

to give you something more to live on.

look at ALL the accounts you have

if anyone is levying PENALTY charges

esp the mortgage, you need to get them back.

dx

and they

Hi thank you for the response

At present I do not have a CRA file.

My income covers all of my debts but leaves little to live on,( I will do an I/E and post it)

I changed my bank to Nat West but took out the CC they offered and used it to pay bills,

I have made a few late payments ( minimum) and they are charging me £12

I rang them on Friday and told them I could no longer meet these payments I offered £30,

it was refused,

and its now gone up to £55 pm which I cant get my head round and they refused to freeze interest.

I've got a Default notice off them today.

I have sent my first SAR off to the Halifax, with intention to do the same to Lloyd's although I'm not sure where to send them to as there in different hands (Wescot, Apex, BLS)

Very are giving me a hard time, 3 more months at reduced £50 payments.

The mortgage is interest only and I have never missed a payment on this, so I'm pretty sure I have no penalty's.

SAR's always go to the OC [original creditor]

you could do with getting your CRA file

see below , noddle are free.

please remember YOU call the shots here - its YOUR MONEY!! not theirs TAKE CONTROL.

drop your payments

you DONT have to do an I/E sheets & you DON'T have to send it to anyone!!

only a JUDGE can demand to see your personal financial details.

dx

dx

and they

I have used Noddle

each account I have with Lloyd's TSB,

1 x credit card

2 x loan account

2 x current accounts

has a default next to them,

which I find strange as I have never missed a payment,

initially I was with a DMC

I'm wondering if they missed or made late payments !

all other accounts are ok

quite probable!!

they are only interested in their fees!!

dx

and they

cetainly the loans and credit cards yes i bet lots of £12 charges!!

as for the bank accounts

if there are any BCOBS would be the route

lots of info below in my links

dx

and they