Very and isme

tricia44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am happy to say, following the excellent advice from here I emailed Amanda Gledhill Customer Excellence - Aintree and had a reply immediately, she followed up with a phone call and accepted my £50 offer, stopped the interest for 18 months and refunded money I wasn't aware had been charged to the account. She couldn't have been more helpful. I will certainly rest easier now. Many thanks for the advice given on this site especially idainfife.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

tricia44 wrote this to very:

Dear Mr Chandler,

It is with regret that I am having to send an email to you direct as I have sent numerous emails to customer services who do not seem to take notice of what it is written in them.

I have emailed several times to say that I am in severe financial difficulties and can only currently afford to pay £x per months. I am getting replies to say that this is not acceptable and to ring up. I have stated several times that I do not wish to call as every time and I am intimidated into paying more than I can afford and therefore constantly default.

I have had to contact all my creditors and glad to say that my other mail order providers have agreed to my offer and also frozen interest for 12 months to all me to make my monthly payments actually help decline the overall balance.

I was on the understanding that with you being holders of a consumer credit license that you are required to be compliant with codes of practice, fair business practice and observe guidelines as set out by the office of fair trading.

I am very disappointed that you will not even consider my offer and stop interestlink3.gif and charges to bring the balance down in which I believe is a breech of the office of fair trading guidelines.

I would ask to you reconsider my offer of £x per week and stop interest and charges,

and sent it too: Neil.Chandler@shopdirect. com (no spaces)

his PA then called her back and said it was not enough but tricia44 insisted this is all she could afford and the PA called her back again accepted the offer.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 3 weeks later...

thank you for this - i have been in the same situation with NDR for a few months now - I am on a DMP - all offers were rejected and interest is still piling on :(

my dmp advisor has already asked for the interest to be frozen but as this is not normal practice - nothing can be done!

I think now after reading your posts I will email Neil and reiterate my position in the hope that they will freeze the interest and allow for me to claim all the charges back to be paid back into their account!

thank you for this - i have been in the same situation with NDR for a few months now - I am on a DMP - all offers were rejected and interest is still piling on :(

my dmp advisor has already asked for the interest to be frozen but as this is not normal practice - nothing can be done!

I think now after reading your posts I will email Neil and reiterate my position in the hope that they will freeze the interest and allow for me to claim all the charges back to be paid back into their account!

I'm sure this will work for you, they couldn't have been more helpful and its true what they say in this forum , if you haven't got it they cant have it, Good Luck and please let me no how you get on x

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to this site but am in the same positon with very and isme. I owe £1150 to very and £700 to isme. I have offered them £25 per month and asked them to freeze interest and those £12 charges their so fond of. I'm due a baby in 11 days and really cant be having all this headache it causing, they keep emailing me to ring them but i know they'll talk me into some ludacris payment. I'm dreading the balance rising and rising. Is persistance the key with these companies????

Hi if you follow the instructions on this thread, I'm sure your problem, like mine will be resolved, following advice from this site I made no telephone contact whatsoever. This is the email address to write to and following that I received a very helpful telephone call from a lady called Amanda, within 24 hours my situation was resolved and all interest frozen , plus any fees returned back to me, you need to give this a go it worked for me and now I can sleep easier, good luck and let me no how it goes for you

Hi if you follow the instructions on this thread, I'm sure your problem, like mine will be resolved, following advice from this site I made no telephone contact whatsoever. This is the email address to write to and following that I received a very helpful telephone call from a lady called Amanda, within 24 hours my situation was resolved and all interest frozen , plus any fees returned back to me, you need to give this a go it worked for me and now I can sleep easier, good luck and let me no how it goes for you

Thanks for your reply Tricia. I have emailed them both and pretty much am following your footsteps. They cant have what i havent got. As of today they are still refusing my offer, but i'll just plod on with it. Hopefully i'll have some good news soon...

• 3 months later...

you really MUST insist the PENALTY charges are refunded too

and DONT forget THEIR interest charged on them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx

Very have accepted my £25 per month offer and frozen interest and charges for 6 months..

.Isme have pased my debt on to NDR :( .

How do i go about reclaiming the huge amount of interest from Very,

they took months to come to their decision so the interest has piled on...

.also shall i just keep paying the £25 a month to isme even though they have passed my debt on ?????

you cant reclaim int.

keep paying ISME, ignore the DCA.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx

What makes you think you can get the charges back?

OFT says that anything is excess of £12 is unfair. Otherwise they can charge it to recover costs.

I am very disappointed that you will not even consider my offer and stop interest and charges to bring the balance down in which I believe is a breech of the office of fair trading guidelines.

I would ask to you reconsider my offer of £10 per week and stop interest and charges,

Why do people think it is their right to have the interest stopped? You can only request they stop interest. They are not legally obliged, either by law or the OFT.

Edit: Original post sounded a bit snotty. Should have probably added that they will stop charges and interest if you send an offer of payment not less than £1pcm per account. Must be through an official debt management company, such as the CAB or CCCS though.

Edited by PC Dire Hots

OFT says that anything is excess of £12 is unfair. Otherwise they can charge it to recover costs.

wrong!!

the FSA [who made the guidelines]

clearly state that even for £12, the company must justify the costs.

dx

and they

Why do people think it is their right to have the interest stopped? You can only request they stop interest. They are not legally obliged, either by law or the OFT.

wrong again.......

they are obliged to help you.

why do you think that 90% of DMP's [paid or otherwise] suceed in freezing interest.

there are industry guidelines that dictate thy nmust help and not put the debtor in more debt under hardship.

same goes for PENALTY chsrges.

dx

and they

This like the other 7 posts you have made is utter rubbish!

The OFT said that they will not investigate charges above £12. ANY charge, WHATEVER amount that is a penalty is UNFAIR and can be reclaimed.

I am watching your posts and will use my big button if I have to.

Jogs

. Must be through an official debt management company, such as the CAB or CCCS though.

Hi there, I'm afraid to say that this isn't true at all. I have it on VERY good authority (i.e. direct from Shop Direct) that they will accept informal negotiations so long as:

a) The debtor's financial statement is supported with figures adhering to the Common Financial Statement

b) All creditors are being treated in the same way, e.g. pro-rata or token offers

In fact, Shop Direct were one of the earliest adopters to accept those wishing to self-negotiate via the CASHflow system - which, as I'm sure you already know, is designed to allow the public the freedom to self-negotiate without having to involve the likes of CCCS (who don't often take a DMP on unless there is a minimum of £100 or so) or the CAB (often long waits to see an advisor).

My personal view is that there shouldn't be ANY difference between those under a DMP / Casework support / Self-negoatiting so long as the basic principles of dealing with debts is followed. Remember the likes of National Debtline has been championing self-negotiating for a few decades now; you might want to familiarise yourself with the latest version of their self-help pack 'Dealing with your debts':

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/debt_advice.php#4

arrows like any DCA can buy ANY debt

its called a 'phishing list'

or in their words a portfolio

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

In April of this year I took fantastic advice from this site regarding money I owed to ISME and VERY,

the result was,

both accepted my offer of £50 per month and froze interest,

this morning I have received a letter from NDR,

saying that Very have handed the account over to them and they are demanding minimum £140.00 per month,

( Im sure Isme are going to follow suit)

I am at my wits end as to what to do,

I rang NDR this morning and explained the situation I am in and there having none of it,

either pay-up or seek debt advice was there answer,

In my nievety, I thought Very and Isme would contact me after 6 months and let me no what the next step was,

so this has come as a tremendous shock,

can anybody advice me on what to do.

Many Thanks

You "TELL" NDR how much you will be paying them !!

You are in controll of YOUR money not them !

As it is a NON PRIORITY debt you only pay them what you can realisticly afford to pay them. If they dont like it then tough!

Have you done a sar to ISME and VERY and reclaimed all the unlawfully applied charges yet?

By the way NDR are the same company VERY, SHOP DIRECT GROUP ECT.

Do not talk to them on the phone again, tell them that you want all comunication in writing only.

Do not let them bully you , they are not worth worrying over,

i have been there with them before.

Just take back controll of your own money.

As i said before they are not priority debts and as such should only be paid with what is left after PRIORITY DEBTS have been paid.

hello all:-)

You "TELL" NDR how much you will be paying them !! You are in controll of YOUR money not them !

As it is a NON PRIORITY debt you only pay them what you can realisticly afford to pay them. If they dont like it then tough!

Have you done a sar to ISME and VERY and reclaimed all the unlawfully applied charges yet?

By the way NDR are the same company VERY, SHOP DIRECT GROUP ECT.

Yep...I'll second that :-)