Dvsl scared and called police. !!!!

Happyhippy1959
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Just had to tell you a little story. Now those of you who know me and have followed me on here no I split with Mrs ex-Hippy three years ago. Very acrimonious split at that... but in the past 8 months we have buried the hatched as middle aged grown up human beings should do. I now see my kids again and my boy 15 stays with me three days and nights a week, Mrs x hippy helps me out and all is well in Hippy Land. And my 17 year old daughter passed her driving test yesterday FIRST TIME, now wants £1,500.00 for the insurance, but as a wise girl has saved it up over the years...

Now Mrs ex Hippy has financial problems of her own and asked me to help her out..... this I have started doing.... Now had a strange letter two weeks ago from DATA VERIFICATION SERVICES LTD

Dear Owner / Occupier

We are trying to reestablish contact with Mrs X Hippy formally of blah de blah de blah address. !!!!! If you are Mrs X Hippy please contact us on blah de blah. If you are not Mrs X Hippy we are sorry for troubling you, but if you can provide any information in respect of the above named person, where there current address is now or why your address as been linked to this person please call us on blah de blah. This may prevent unwarranted receipt of mail and telephone calls from other companies...

Now Hippy see's red here and sends a nice letter with some of Bazooka Boo's handy work, saying I am the ex-husband of Mrs Hippy and have just been released from prison for assult and battery on the said Mrs Hippy, many thanks Bill and Ben for giving me her address I am on the way up there to say a little hello to her and to get some pay back for the misery she has caused.

In other words I was pointing out all the rules and laws they had broken and what could happen if I was a ex wife beater..

Never gave it a thought till Monday when Mrs ex Hippy came down to see me, she had a visit from the Local Constabulary asking if she was ok as a third party had called them to say that her ex was coming to get her and that I had an injuction !!!!!!!! she fell about laughing at this and told the police exactly what took place and showed them the letter and my letter in reply and that she was making a formal complaint... Because at the bottom of the letter I sent it did say, please take note that this could happen if I was a violent ex !!!!!! and that I would advise Mrs ex Hippy to make a formal complaint. ( must admit I used font size 8 but hey ho...... Well Cops were not to pleased with that wasted journey, mind you why did they not look up to see if I was a mad axeman. The best part was, Mrs ex Hippy being an Irish farmers daughter and use to throwing sheep over fences said to Plod,,, don't worry Mr Hippy knows better than to tangle with ME.... he is a pussy cat..

So it looks like DVSL got scared at my reply !!!!

Disgusting tactics don't you think... I can post the letter up.... No news yet on formal complaint.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

Oops.

I imagine that the DCA/Tracing Agent possibly realised that, if you were in fact the thug you claimed to be and any harm came to Mrs Hippy that they could have been culpable in some way.

So aside from the fact that they were obviously protecting their own interests, it was in a way, a responsible action to take in order to ensure Mrs Hippy's well being.

What is interesting is, that they would think that someone would actually write and tell another of their intended actions regarding harming a person!!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I had a visit from the local constabulary shortly after telling a phone drone at Plusnet the next letter I would be writing would be a final note as they had driven me to the brink.... the phone person contacted the police and said I was going to harm myself. It seems to be 'standard practice' now amongst the 'threat brigade' to waste police time.

If only we could turn the tables on them then the likes of the 'solicitor for rent' brigade and certain other vexatious claimants on this site would be visited hourly!

Hippy,

I don't know kind of car your Daughter has, but even for a 17-year old, £1,500 is a bit steep. Why don't you look at Quinn, who are very cheap, or the Coop who offer a gadget to check the driving standard of 17-24 year olds and this can make it a lot cheaper.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Thanks all for your thoughts. And yes, it is responsible but still highly dubious. As you said, would a thug be so stupid to write to them to tell em !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! urghhhhhh unless your that nutter who shot the cop and he has now sadly taken his own life.. NO NO..... Mind you PC PLOD did say they were going to get there top man on the case and write to remind these morons what could happen.......

Oh well, least I did not get a visit from em........ had the air fresher out all day and the plants away....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959