Private Parking Ticket '14 Services' Do I pay?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few weeks ago I got a parking charge notice from a company based in Bristol called '14 Services' I found this unusual as I reside in Swindon. I had recently moved into my property and got this ticket parked in my allocated bay outside my own flat! Thing is I had no idea I required a permit. Neither the landlady or the estate agent had told me this prior to moving in, and no permits were issued to me!

Therefore it seems ridiculous that my appeal which stated these facts was declined! The signage also is in the tinyest of lettering and is not even near where my car is parked. I would never have noticed it from driving in as it is on the other side of the apartment complex.

I have recently read a thread on this company stating they are fraudulent and not to pay them. I was just wondering if this is still true to do so? They said if I dont pay tomorrow my file will be passed on to their debt recovery team and an extra charge of £15o will have to be paid court action MAY be taken and then bailiffs.

Now from previous information I gather they are likley to lose any court action they may take but I just want to be sure.

They also state they are an FSB Member whatever that means and a member of the British Parking Association. Does this have any meaning at all?

I would be very grateful for any help on this matter, as I just dont want to be mugged of my hard earned money by a bunch of money grabbing corporate scumbags.

Regards, Chrissy

They are not fraudulent, but try to create a contract with the driver by virtue of the sign. However, they can only find out from the DVLA who owns the car and not the person who drove it there that day (who would be the contracting party to the terms on the sign).

If the sign fell off - there could be no contract, as presumably that is what happened to the closer ones.

Alternately if there was no reasonably visible sign, then they could sue the driver for their loss - which starts getting even further from reality.

So in reality - just a way to try to scare people into thinking they owe money against a background of spiralling charges.

Hello there and welcome to CAG.

Do you have a lease for the flat please and if you do, what does it say about your space?

My best, HB

you mean the tenancy agreement? It doesnt state anywhere in the tenancy agreement about parking or the use of permits

Sorry yes, tenancy agreement. How did you know it was your space then please?

The guys have advised on this sort of problem in the past, but don't seem to be around at the moment. I expect they'll be along soon.

HB

Cuz the bays are marked with numbers and I live at number 3 so bay marked 3 as told so by the estate agent

Sorry you appealed chrissay, there is no appeal with private tickets, just penalty notices they hope you will be foolish enough to pay, especially in your circumstances.

Have you found out who is supposed to issue you with a permit ?

Don't correspond with the ticket touts any further.

Sorry you appealed chrissay, there is no appeal with private tickets, just penalty notices they hope you will be foolish enough to pay, especially in your circumstances.

Have you found out who is supposed to issue you with a permit ?

Don't correspond with the ticket touts any further.

Thanks for your concern Conniff, now I know to never bother appealing to private companies ever again cuz a similar thing happened last year when I was parked outside my mums house on a private road and my permit fell off due to condensation, we appealed and paid up to remove the clamp...never saw that money again. So I refuse to let them see me out of pocket this time!

My landlady is meant to issue me with one, she said they were in our letter box which they most definitely werent when we moved in. So how can it be my fault when they dont exist to me? Thankfully she has purchased and sent one to me now, after 2 weeks parking down some dodgey side street I can now park outside my own flat and keep them bastards satisfied.

Just keep in mind that this is a contract and a breach in a contract can only be claimed for actual losses, so if parking in some carpark somewhere that is free of charge, their losses would be nothing, and the tickets for hundreds is a worthless attempt at extortion which courts on defended cases have thrown out.

If you ever hear of a ppc winning in court it is only because it was by default as it wasn't defended.

Which is why they rarely go to court unless they think you won't turn up.

Just keep in mind that this is a contract and a breach in a contract can only be claimed for actual losses, so if parking in some carpark somewhere that is free of charge, their losses would be nothing, and the tickets for hundreds is a worthless attempt at extortion which courts on defended cases have thrown out.

If you ever hear of a ppc winning in court it is only because it was by default as it wasn't defended.

Which is why they rarely go to court unless they think you won't turn up.

So what should be my next plan of action? Just not pay and wait for them to threaten me with court charges?

Just ignore any further correspondence. They will just go away after sending you complimentary toilet paper when they realise you aren't going to pay. If it should get to them taking it to court, you can tell them that it will be vigorously defended (and in your case you will win), and they wont go any further.

They will just move on to the next easy target who doesn't know about this beer fund business.

and just also remember any road marking signs etc on private land are purely graffitti

with NO statute law behind them.

so dont fall for wrong bay trick either

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ask your landlord what it says in the lease with regard to parking. The odds are that it doesn't mention a permit at all, but simply refers to the fact that the landlord (and as tenant, conferred on you) has exclusive right to the space. Unless it specifically mentions the permit requirement in the lease, then the parking company and the management company have no legal right to police that space (and probably all the other spaces as well) and can only patrol the communal areas of the car park. In fact the parking company is trespassing by stepping onto your space to put the ticket on the windscreen.