Kneedownstef v HSBC, MBNA, AMEX

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there. I've just recently sent a request to HSBC asking them to refund £2574 in charges but I didn't send a spreadsheet detailing the charges. Will this matter? Have also written to MBNA requesting charges but didn't enclose a cheque for £10. Will they just charge my account or ignore the request? Also, is it possible to make a claim against American Express Credit Card. I haven't noticed anyone else on the forum claiming from them. Great site by the way.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Stefan.:)

Hi and welcome.

Yes you can claim from credit cards too. When you do claim i would suggest you claim the interest they have charged you. eg 23% if that is what your card presently is.Compound this on every charge and it soon adds up.

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there’s a Step by Step guide here too). You should print both of these out to refer to, so as to avoid having to ask basic questions later.

Then look at other threads in your bank’s forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen. You can claim back your charges, and a few are trying for the payback of Early Redemption Charges on loans and Mortgages.

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything. If you find a forum/thread/post of interest, save it in your Favourites, so as you can always find it easily.

There’s a lot to take in, but it’s time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems. Remember it’s not a race, don’t rush, just follow the guidelines one step at a time.

This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared to put in time and effort. It is your claim, your money and you cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank’s forum and post your progress and any questions there and you’ll get plenty of help.

All the info to get you started is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...se-read-these/

Good luck

Ukaviator

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Got a letter back from HSBC saying

"Thankyou for your letter dated 22nd September 2006 concerning the recent circumstances regarding your account. This has been forwarded for my attention.

I am looking into the matters you have raised and will contact you with a full response as soon as I have completed my investigations.

In the meantime, I enclose a copy of our leaflet which explains how these matters are dealt with. If you do need to contact us, please quote ref no. **********."

I guess this is a standard reply buying time. Am I right?

Since sending off my first request for refund of £2574 in charges, I have worked out the interest charged @ 15.9% standard overdraft rate. This comes to £1856.55. Can I just include this in a revised spreadsheet when I send my LBA?

Wrote to MBNA on 18th September asking for copies of charges. They have written back saying

"Thanks for your letter, which we received on 20 September 2006. We're currently investigating your complaint and you'll have a full response from us by 18 October 2006.

In the meantime, if you have any queries, please contact our customer Advocate Team on 01244 576199 between the hours of 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday."

Can't quite understand this response as I haven't yet made a complaint!!!! Is this another standard reply?

Got copy statements back from AMEX. Charges totalling £415. Worked interest out @ 1.5% per month. Interest comes to £315.40. Sent request of refund off by recorded delivery 4/10/2006.

HSBC-- REQUEST FOR £2574 CHARGES SENT 22/09/06

STANDARD RESPONSE RECIEVED 04/10/06

AMEX-- REQUEST FOR REFUND OF £415 + £315.40 INTEREST SENT 04/10/06.

MBNA-- SENT REQUEST OF CHARGES INFORMATION 18/09/06.

STANDARD REPONSE RECEIVED 05/10/06

UPDATE...........

HSBC..........Sent LBA 10/10/06 with revised Spreadsheet. Now claiming £4435.05.

Got fob off letter "we provide cheque books, cards etc etc free of charge" 10/10/06.

MBNA-- SENT REQUEST OF CHARGES INFORMATION 18/09/06.

STANDARD REPONSE RECEIVED 05/10/06 SAYING I WILL HAVE A FULL RESPONSE BY 18/10/06.

AMEX-- REQUEST FOR REFUND OF £415 + £315.40 INTEREST SENT 04/10/06.

AMEX have written on 10/10/06 saying they have halved my credit limit and withdrawn any ATM facility. (I didn't know there was one!!).

I'm guessing this is a retaliation to me asking for my money back.