Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I took out an unsecured personal loan with Mint (Royal Bank of Scotland) in 2006. Later that year I moved overseas. I own and rented out my property in the UK. During the financial crisis I hit hard times and defaulted on the loan. I had updated RBS with my contact details overseas but it has transpired that they obtained a CCJ and then placing a lean on my property with the Land Registry. I did not know about this until recently. Some initial investigation tells me that RBS or their solicitors sent/served all court documents or demand letters to the property in the UK where they knew I did not reside. I've just looked into shifting my mortgage and can't do that with this entry. It's for about five thousand pounds.   I want to query if anyone knows whether I can get the registry entry removed on the basis that I was not served and how I'd go about that? I have none of the documents from Mint but I know I'm past the statute of limitations now and I'm wary of getting in touch with a request for any and all information about this in case they deem it an acknowledgement that I owe the debt? I would expect they would have some record of my communication as to my change of address. I also had a credit card address with them at the time and have some old documents posted to my overseas address that can verify I did communicate with the company as to my overseas status and address. I think with the CCJ on the loan they were up to skullduggery so I would not defend it.   Past having the land registry entry removed, I wondered about getting the debt vacated. When I was struggling with the debt around 2009 I sought advice on here on what could be done and I seem to recall an issue with banks having invalid contracts around 2006-2009. In short, the contracts were void and I think the advice was that they couldn't enforce. I can't recall if that was correct and I wondered if anyone on here knows what that was about?    I'm also wondering if I should just make a complaint to the financial ombudsman and see if they can resolve the issue? I had a complaint in against my Mint card with them in about 2011 regarding a declined chargeback request which got resolved quite quickly, I got the view that the complaint and the amount (also about five grand) wasn't worth their time and so they offered a refund on the amount.   Many thanks for your advice!
    • Its shares surged by almost 50% in pre-market trade after a report that it planned to go private.View the full article
    • Hi   I agree with Bankfodder that you really need to start looking for somewhere else.   What this Landlord has done to both yourself and your mother is harassment and need to be reported to both the Council and the Police by both yourself and your mother   Couple of links on repairs:   Private renting: Repairs - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK Private renting as a tenant - repairs, rent increases and arrears, settling disputes, deposits and your rights and responsibilities     Repairs in rented housing WWW.CITIZENSADVICE.ORG.UK Overview and content list for repairs in rented housing.     Landlord and tenant responsibilities for repairs - Shelter England ENGLAND.SHELTER.ORG.UK Your landlord is responsible for most repairs in your home and should make sure it’s safe. Tenants are responsible for some minor repairs & any...    
    • Hi   Just thought I would pop in and see how this is going?   If other residents are having the same issues the all need to make a Formal Complaint to the Housing Association and title it as such each individually and they all must point out this is a Health & Safety matter with tiles coming off the roofs. 
    • A Subject Access Request (SAR) is very simple all you need to do is use this simple phrase 'ALL DATA' that covers whatever format they hold your Data in whether it be telephone recordings, emails, writing etc.   They then have 30 Calendar Days to comply and that time limit only starts once they have acknowledged receipt of your SAR Request and do not play at asking you to prove your ID which can increase said time limit.   Have you actually asked them to provide you with a copy of there Public Liability Insurance? (if not ask them to provide a copy)
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

Default Just appeared on my credit file from 2006!!


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hello can anyone please offer me advice on the best way to proceed with this.


I have just logged into my credit expert file and a default has been registered from a company called Global Arrow on behalf of a mail order catalogue.


The problem is that the details state that I took out the credit in Feb 2006, defaulted in Aug 2006 and satisfied it this Month! - Feb 2012


I have no idea what this is for as I was unable to get credit at that particular time due to a messy credit history from a very messy divorce and I certainly haven't received any letters from this company or satisfied the account!


I have emailed credit expert this evening but wonder if there is a standard letter I should also send to the Arrow agency before I proceed? If this is correct which seems unlikely due to it being satisfied when it clearly has not and the itme factor in between alleged default and registering it - then I guess I will have to wait until Aug until it falls of my account but it stinks from lots of levels!


I have only just in the last few months got my file back up to scratch after a long wait and a lot of hard work and this has brought my score to an all time low.:-x


Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

there isn't a template for this so maybe make up your oen stating that they have added somone else's details to your record as you have no delaing with them or your client and give them 21 days to remove the info

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.


Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...