Residential Management get a court order however never contacting prior about outstanding service charges

jg69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently been taken to court which I was unaware of (as I do not live at the address that they sent it to and do not live in the country) in which now I will be issued a CCJ tomorrow over a residential service/ground rent outstanding charge which is around £1400 (or twelve payments- a years worth, hoowever living abroad I never received any notifications, or invoices let alone the fact that it has been passed on to a debt agent who filed a court order. They refused a year ago to alert me by email and said it was not there responsibility unless the landlord insisted in which I said I do and all correspondence must be from now by email

A year later, the same issue has arised and I have now been charged another £1200 on top (court, solicitor, admin charges etc.) but even worse a CCJ will be with me this monday.

The main issue I have is

Is there a case of negiligant in the "duty of care" for residential property managers (not letting agents) - after all they make 20% of the service charges approx for the management

Is the torts where I should be reviewing.

Has anyone a bundle or letters or experience in this

Tomorrow I have not option but to pay the whole lot to prevent a CCJ and then try to recoup the monies back by taking them to court, or trying to get it set aside until a later date, however if I get a CCJ this will be infinately worse for me. I do however owe a year £1400 or so payment but not the £3000 that I am having to pay now. I will most likely try to borrow for tomorrow but would like to take them back into court to recoup the other unfair charges due to not being alerted or sent monthly bills or even quarterly.

SO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, CAN ANYONE ADVISE IF I HAVE A CASE

Many thanks