Doorstep call from Clarity Credit Managment/Fieldcall

Pumpkin1977
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a Next Directory account,

couldn't afford to keep up repayments, no help from Next and account sent to Cabot.

Had a payment arrangement with Cabot for over a year , this then broke down when I missed a payment and was taken over by Clarity.

I have been paying 50 a month to Clarity for several months.

On 19th Jan I received a letter from Clarity saying 'their client' (cabot) would accept a much reduced amount in full and final settlement as i was obviously committed to paying my account.

Unfortunately I did not have the funds to settle.

Did not pay them this month due to being short of funds and changing my bank account. I have been quite ill recently and wasn't able to deal with this straight away but it was my intention to contact them and make a reduced payment and request a new payment plan for a smaller monthly amount. Received several calls a day from Clarity (despite sending them the harassment/'I will only correspond in writing' etc letter last year when they initially started chasing). I then received a letter from them dated 16th Feb, received on 20th feb regarding missed payment/broken arrangement.

On 22nd Feb as i had been quite poorly I was recovering in bed, a friend had come round to do a few jobs in the house when there was a knock on the door. The man at the door stated to my friend he had a letter for me and had to pass it to me personally. He would not leave it with my friend (I presume due to data protection) He implied to my friend it was really important so I had to get out of bed and go to the door looking a right state in my dressing gown in the middle of the day. This was most embarrassing and distressing.The guy explained he was from Clarity and was calling re my Next Account. He said he had been asked to call to request I make contact with Clarity. It was obvious from the state of me that I was unwell and yet he made no apology and told me that I must contact Clarity and when I had done so contact him on his mobile to confirm I had made contact with Clarity ! He handed me a letter which was from Fieldcall stating I must make contact with Clarity and contact him on his mobile to confirm I had done so to avoid a future visit ! :-x

Fieldcall's website gives a complaints email address. I emailed them the 'you do not have an appointment and i will make no such appointment' etc etc letter and said that i felt the visit was harassment especially as I was ill and in a vunerable state and said I would accept no further visits. It bounced back undeliverable twice. The email box it came from - Pay Clarity ! all one and the same. I therefore forwarded the email direct to Clarity. Have also contacted clarity via web form and offered a reduced amount. Have yet to recieve a reply.

My credit file states under 'bank accounts held' that I have an account with Cabot ! this cant be right can it ?? Next informed me that they sold the account to Cabot. The doorstep guy made no mention of Cabot and said he was calling re Next but Clarity's correspondence always refers to Cabot as the original creditor presumably as they bought the debt.

Do I have to pay Clarity this money, I admit I owed money to Next and have never attempted to avoid this but I am sure I do not have to put up with this sort of thing after one missed payment?? i would have quite happily continued paying them and attempted to find the funds to make a reduced settlement but i'm now wondering if I should pay them at all.

Anyone had dealings with these people ?

All help much appreciated :-)

Hi, From the information you have given it

would appear that the following event have

occurred.

1. Next sells debt to Cabot.

2. Cabot amend/update the

credit files with their details.

3. Cabot assign Clarity to collect

the debt on their behalf.

Point to note when a debt is sold

the debt purchaser in this case takes

on all the rights and responsibilites

of the original credit agreement and

that means putting their name on

the account.

It is Clarity you now have to pay.

It's not just one missed payment

overall they are looking at the conduct

of the account as a whole.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

lastly

doorsteppers have NO POWERS

the milkman has more

DO NOT PAY THEM!!

or anyone!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and yyou've had a discount letter

that means the debt is all but dead

they are BEGGING.

dont pay anyone anything

get an sar off to NEXT

get all the statements

and get reclaiming the ALL the £12 PENALTY charges

see link below

do not converse or write to anyone

do not pay anyone

get that sar done

you are in for a windfall

i've moved this thread to the cxat forum

read a few threads there

you'll get the idea

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thread moved

do some reading on reclaiming and

discount letters

use the search top right

dx

and they

You should also make a complaint to the OFT regarding the visit.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D