ESA Backdated ???.

conchy_joe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Last January my son was deemed fit for work after undergoing the ATOS medical assessment,and as a result he lost his ESA allowance.

We appealed the decision and won the appeal this month.After we launched an appeal his ESA was reinstated at the lower rate.Now I assume that he will be put back on the previous rate,but I am unsure how far back his money will be backdated.Can anyone help please.

Hi conchy I to went to appeal and won my ESA appeal this month.Johns quite right his money will be backdated to when he was disallowed last January and he will now receive his ESA at the correct rate depending on what group he is put in and will also receive backpay for the difference fron Jan.Unfortunatley there does seem to be a real delay on getting this sorted and like John said you could be in for a long wait......

Was your son on IB prior to his medical if he was then hes like me.I was on IB then had dreaded ATOS medical for migration to ESA ofcourse I failed this as do most people then went to appeal IB claim stopped appllied for ESA been on assesment rate ever since for the past 8 months.Now I have won my appeal but still have to wait for everything to be changed to correct support rate and backdate.I will be backdated to the day my claim was diasallowed after medical which in my case ws 18/06/11.If im right 13 wk rule only applys if its a totally new claim with no previous IB claim.If you look on his tribunal award notice it shold show the date the orginal award was denied it should be backdate to this date......

Hello there. In case it helps, here is information from the directgov website that might help about the 13 week thing.

Money, tax and benefits

Employment and Support Allowance - introduction

dg_188998.jpg

Employment and Support Allowance provides financial help to people who are unable to work because of illness or disability. It also provides personalised support to those who are able to work. Find out more about Employment and Support Allowance.

About Employment and Support Allowance

Employment and Support Allowance offers you personalised support and financial help, so that you can do appropriate work, if you are able to.

It gives you access to a specially trained personal adviser and a wide range of further services including employment, training and condition management support. This is to help you manage and cope with your illness or disability at work.

Employment and Support Allowance involves a medical assessment called the Work Capability Assessment. This assesses what you can do, rather than what you cannot, and identifies the health-related support you might need.

Most people claiming Employment and Support Allowance will be expected to take steps to prepare for work. This includes attending work-focused interviews with their personal adviser.

Under Employment and Support Allowance, if you have an illness or disability that severely affects your ability to work, you will get increased financial support. You will not be expected to prepare for a return to work. You can volunteer to do so at any point if you want to.

Who can get Employment and Support Allowance

You may be able to get Employment and Support Allowance if you have an illness or disability that affects your ability to work. Find out who can get Employment and Support Allowance using the following link.

Employment and Support Allowance rates and how to claim

There are several ways you can claim Employment and Support Allowance. The easiest and quickest is by telephone or textphone. Find out how to claim Employment and Support Allowance using the following link.

The amount you get paid depends on your circumstances. It also depends on what effect your disability has on your ability to do any work. Find Employment and Support Allowance rates using the following link.

How it works

For new claims, Employment and Support Allowance consists of two phases:

• the assessment phase
  • the main phase

The assessment phase

The assessment phase lasts for the first 13 weeks of your claim. This is while a decision is made on your capability for work through the Work Capability Assessment. During this phase, Employment and Support Allowance is paid at a basic rate.

The main phase

The main phase starts from week 14 of your claim. If the Work Capability Assessment shows that your illness or disability does limit your ability to work. During this phase, an additional amount (called a component) is paid on top of the basic rate.

My best, HB

• Confused 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you all, you've been very helpful.Hopefully my son will get a nice cheque in the near future.As for ATOS and the "people" who gave them their position,well they are beneath contempt.

Once again,many thanks.

If his benefit is paid into a bank account, so will any back payment.

• Confused 1