Fairly unfair default from Vodafone for silly amount

frencis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there,

I've now been trying for days to get a helpful soul in Vodafone to at least talk to me about the Default note they have left on my credit record for a silly sum of about £300 but no luck so far ... they even weren't able to find my account details and told me i was never their customer as my number has been 'recycled' and my name doesn't match any records at all. :|

At this point, it's getting ridiculous and i haven't been able obtain any credit for years, not even speaking of trying to land any sort of deal for mortgage so the effects of the default note are far greater than this whole silly affair.

Additionally, i've never received the default note on the top of things, as i was living under the impression that the account has been closed for quite some time i didn't even worry. Apparently, notes have been sent to an old address (even though Vodafone had my current address) and as soon as the matter got to my attention the balance has been paid in full without any hesitation. I've never paid my bills late so not sure why their actions were so aggressive - it just needed someone to look into the case a bit and figure out i've moved! At that point sadly, i had no idea that the default note has already been put on my account. I mean c'mon, at least a a mention would have been good, i've been their customer for about 7 years.

The whole affair now dates over 4 years back so i'm really hoping i can speak to someone and put it to bed and that i won't have to start drafting letters everyday to the CEO and his secretary.

Thanks in advance.

Rgs,

Frank

Edited by frencis

Hi Frank,

Welcome to CAG and thanks for making me aware of this.

In order for me to get this looked into could you email the relevant details of the account in question via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To enable me to make sure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 2 weeks later...

Lee,

Thanks very much for the response and apologies for keeping the thread without response for a while. I've had to venture out of the country for a bit and didn't get around posting all the details before i left.

I've now submitted the question via the Contact Us form as you suggested. I've also included my old Vodafone account number which i managed to find in my old paperwork. Hopefully, that should help you to locate my old account. I also got the confirmation email from Vodafone and the reference number is: #8599517

Again, thanks a lot for looking into this and if there is anything else you need, let me know.

Rgs,

Frank