Husbands debt rossendales coming to my house

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Basically my husband was made redundant January 2010, and has been out of work ever since as he can't find a high enough paid job to cover CSA & nursery fees as I work too.

As a result he is basically a stay at home husband with no income, doesn't claim benefits and we get very little CTC due to my level of earnings alone.

The debt with the CSA came about around the time of redundancy and he now has a nil payment assigned.

To bring the debt down I set up a standing order of £20 from my wages every calendar month.

It's now come to light that the CSA have not been deducting this from the debt, and have now passed the debt to Rossendales who are applying bailiff action.

I called them yesterday, with his permission to them to discuss with me, to advise them that this is my house (I've been here 1998, which before the children were born that the CsA are calculating for we're even born) all of the goods inside I have receipts for (I'm good like that for the sales of good act I keep everything) and my car is a company car which I have a P11D for so there is no point coming I don't want then distressing my children as my eldest is at high school so sometimes she's home alone before I get home if my husband takes our son out for the day.

I was advised that they'll still come round as they need proof I explained that I'll send them the proof as I won't let them in and once I prove I own the house I will ask they leave my property (would they not be trespassing?) she said that they are still going to come and she wanted to spk to my husband.

I told her he had now gone out (which he had) I explained that I was already paying money off the debt but she confirmed they were not receiving it, the CSA are a bloody joke!!!

How can I stop them coming here, I have all documentation all the bills are in my name, I own everything andthe house is mortgaged solely in my name, the only thing is a joint account with £1 in we then have separate bank accounts, and his name is on the council tax bill and we have a joint CTCredit award because you have to???

I've never bothered changing anything to how it was before we got back together I'm so glad I didn't as the CSA have been unbelievably poor in their approach!

Subsequent to this I have written a formal complaint to CSA enclosing a declaration of ownership within and sent a COPY which was marked copy to rossendales.

My complaint highlighted that the debt is. Othing to do with me or my property, there has been an arrangement of £20 per calendar month which has never been late paid since agreed, I have offered both organisations proof of my ownership position to which both has refused, the CSa have failed to keep my husbands account up to date which is potentially breach of the data protection act, and as a result to the above harrassme t from the bailiff to me and my property the CSa maybe in breach of the protection from harrassme t act also.

I yesterday received a letter back from both organisations, the CSA is fine but rossendales advised the following :

'we acknowledge receipt of your complaint and will conduct an investigation into your concerns.

We endeavour to respond to complaints within 10 working days. However if this is not possible we will write to you and advise you accordingly.

Whilst we take all complaints very seriously and investigate them thoroughly, we will apply for costs in any case of a vexatious complaint involving court action"

??? But I only copied them my complaint to the CSA??

Have you tried the Independent case examiner . They can either tell you what you should be doing or they can take up your complaint.

I would also get your MP involved in this as well.

As for Rossendales, they CANNOT touch any of your property. This bill is in your husbands name only and would be very silly if they started to levy on goods outside of the home, as they have already been advised that everything in and out of the property is yours.

Are you able to get all statements copied to prove that you have paid this. I would send these off in your complaint and send copies to the MP.

CSA are the worse, They can never get anything right!! Too many cooks IMO and information is never passed on.

Yes I have all bank statements and speaking to CSA they've also acknowledge receipts and the fact the debt registered with rossendales is incorrect, hence me raising the potential breach of data protection act to the in my complaint.

I have proof of everything that they would consider removable with either a receipt in my name or paid for from my sole bank account. I've been the main breadwinner of the household so it's factual not that we are being difficult.

We do not lavish lifestyles we break even, but if my husband was to work we'd be in debt hence we chose it was in our families interest he stats at home allowing me to proceed further in my career.

Tbh the CSa don't worry me, I've felt with them for yrs I get everything in writing and what they don't send me in writing I send the recorded!!!

But I've never dealt with bailiffs so I just want to take all possible measures for the interest of my eldest. If I'm home I'd deal with them on my door step providing proof of documentation and sign nothing they gave me sending it away with their tail between their legs, but having a teenager who on occasions is home alone I do not want her being exposed hence I want to be proactive in preventing them from coming in the first place.

I've done a declaration of ownership which is not sworn but can be done as I am legitimately able to, but is there anything else I could do even as just a measure of caution?