• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

ATOS Wembley and Royal Mail SW Sorting Centre

bluebare
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am one of those who has received a ESA50 form to complete for migration over from IB to ESA.

Form had to be received by ATOS Wembley MSC by 23 Feb. This form had been the most difficult and the most vague that I have ever had to fill in and that includes the DLA forms. It has taken me all of the four week period allowed to look for advice, write my answers to present my case and gather supporting medical evidence - consultants are busy people and I am lucky to have a long and good relationship with mine.

I sent my form and supporting documentation yesterday on the 22nd by Special Delivery to the address on their letter which had a different postcode (SW95 9EB) from the actual postcode for ATOS at Olympic House. I have since found out via checking online that this postcode is a Royal Mail Sorting Centre, which opens, collates and forwards all mail for ATOS, as I understand that ATOS has no sorting facility of its own. The track and trace states that my form was delivered on the 23rd from their SW London Delivery Office, with no reference to it having been signed for.

Has anyone experienced problems with ATOS/DWP stating that the forms have been received late, when in all good faith the ESA 50 has been sent guaranteed next day delivery to arrive on time and through no fault of their own there is a further delay in ATOS actually receiving those forms?

Edited by bluebare

Contact the post office and they will send you (email) a copy of the signature used, assuming you can't see it online.

That is what I did recently, by the way they (The post man) opens those forms.

At least you got proof they got it in time.

I recently heard of these sorting centres as well, all I know is they havent always existed so at some point someone decided they should start been used. Not sure why they need a sorting service as usually the first line of the address can tell the company what to expect by the department its addressed to, so I have concluded this new way of post handling for the DWP is to hide the real addresses of their offices and add delays which could cause people to lose benefits. There is also an added risk that extra stuff enclosed with letters can get lost in sorting offices where they opening mail.

Hello Bluebare

I wouldnt worry too much. I recently sent my mum's DLA Renewal via Special Delivery. The following day I searched on the Post Office 'track and trace' and could see that it had been delivered, but it said 'you may have to check the following day to see the signature'. I think its just a delay in the Post Office uploading the signature onto the track and trace system. Have another look and I am sure it will say the signature will following shortly.

Hope this helps and I wouldnt worry as you have confirmation that the application HAS been received, albeit at their third party office!!

JB

BritBrat thank you for getting back. I'll contact Royal Mail as you advise.

Yes I've heard via various information available over the net that the DWP (not ATOS) have contracted the RM to open our mail to whichever ATOS MSC we are dealing with collate the information inside, place in sealed bags and send by Special Delivery to the relevent ATOS office. I have also read that the Royal Mail scan the ESA50 forms and any accompanying medical evidence; how true that part is I cannot be sure of. See following link:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/dwp_and_atos_healthcare_use_of_r

I understand the Minister was questioned over this back in November and his reply at the time that only one ATOS office in Bristol was using Royal Mail in this way, but the mail was being opened by staff cleared to handle such sensitive material. He has since admitted that this practice is more widespread. See following link:

http://victimsofatoscorruption.wordpress.com/tag/royal-mail/

We all share the same concerns about our sensitive material is being viewed by Royal Mail employees for whom we have not given our express permission to view. Especially if they have to scan forms.

My main concern, at this point, is that my ESA50 was received at the address I had to send it by the cut off date the 23rd, but ATOS will receive it after the cut off date because I was not aware of the practice of using Royal Mail Sorting Offices until after I had sent my forms. Now I'm worried ATOS/DWP will state that forms were received late affecting my transition from IB and claim for ESA.

Edited by bluebare

Morning worried

Read this link, it gives full addresses of all ATOS centres with their actual postcode and local number. I read elsewhere that ATOS was giving this information out to clinicians with the request the numbers were not passed onto patients/clients.

Hope it helps.

http://www.workprogramme.org.uk/atos-origin-exposed/clinician-contact-details.html#Clinician-contact-details-for-Atos-Healthcare

My main concern at this point my ESA50 was received at the address I have to send it by the cut off date the 23rd, but ATOS will receive it after the cut off date because I was not aware of the practice of using Royal Mail Sorting Offices until after I had sent my forms. Now I'm worried ATOS/DWP will state that forms were received late affecting my transition from IB and claim for ESA.

You have sent the application within the time limit i.e. it has been received by 23rd which is the cut off date to the address they specified. It will be date stamped 23rd and your ESA50 will be forwarded to ATOS. You are worrying about nothing.

JB

Hello Bluebare

You have done everything correct, the most vital part of completing the ESA50 is providing the supporting medical evidence - even this is often ignored by Atos. I dont know what your disability is, but if you have mobility issues or have difficulty leaving your home, and these jokers ask you to attend a 'medical' which is actually a Work Capability Assessment, phone and tell them you require a home visit. They will then ask you to provide a letter from your GP confirming this.

I hope you dont get called for a 'medical' as a lot of folk migrating over upon completing the ESA50 and providing the supporting medical evidence are often placed in the Work Related Group, so please try not to worry about it too much and come back for more help as and when you hear anything.

Have a great weekend, lets hope the weather stays nice.

JB

Hello Bluebare

You have done everything correct, the most vital part of completing the ESA50 is providing the supporting medical evidence - even this is often ignored by Atos. I dont know what your disability is, but if you have mobility issues or have difficulty leaving your home, and these jokers ask you to attend a 'medical' which is actually a Work Capability Assessment, phone and tell them you require a home visit. They will then ask you to provide a letter from your GP confirming this.

I hope you dont get called for a 'medical' as a lot of folk migrating over upon completing the ESA50 and providing the supporting medical evidence are often placed in the Work Related Group, so please try not to worry about it too much and come back for more help as and when you hear anything.

Have a great weekend, lets hope the weather stays nice.

JB

Well without going into too much detail, according to the descriptors, my condition should not only give me well over 15pts but also qualify me to be placed in the support group because a specific descriptor applies to me and I am also arguing the "exceptional circumstances route".

I'm hoping my ESA50 form & my Consultant's support letter will be enough for ATOS and the DWP decision maker - I understand the decision maker MUST now take into account ALL evidence i.e. My ESA50, doctor's letters as well as any ATOS report - to take a decision without recourse to taking an ATOS medical.

Yes heres hoping for warmer days. Have a great weekend yoour self JB. Again many thanks for your help, much apprieted.

BB

I recently heard of these sorting centres as well, all I know is they havent always existed so at some point someone decided they should start been used. Not sure why they need a sorting service as usually the first line of the address can tell the company what to expect by the department its addressed to, so I have concluded this new way of post handling for the DWP is to hide the real addresses of their offices and add delays which could cause people to lose benefits. There is also an added risk that extra stuff enclosed with letters can get lost in sorting offices where they opening mail.

Worried my IB and ESA claims are being dealt with by DWP Belfast (I live in London) the address is on their letters to me - the phone number is 0845 6088770.

I always take copies of forms and supporting (for future reference and incase anything goes astray. I also any correspondence Recorded or Special Delivery so that I have proof of recceipt.

I hope that whatever your personal situation regarding these worrying and stressful times dealing with ATOS and DWP you will soon be able to change your forum name from worried33 to overjoyed33.

Best wishes to you

BB

Hello there.

We have a couple of DWP people who understand the post system and possibly its shortcomings. I know they've posted in the past, maybe they'll be along with a bit more detail for you in case it helps.

I hope you get your problems sorted out/

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

If you want peace of mind then the best thing to do is call the IB enq line and ask to be put through to the Incapacity reasessment team - let them know whats happened and give them the reference number of the special delivery item. Ask they note the conversation down - you can even ask that the benefit centre call you back. They can check with ATOS and see if the esa50 is logged on their systems. Its always best to take a pro-active approach to avoid any problems.

If you want peace of mind then the best thing to do is call the IB enq line and ask to be put through to the Incapacity reasessment team - let them know whats happened and give them the reference number of the special delivery item. Ask they note the conversation down - you can even ask that the benefit centre call you back. They can check with ATOS and see if the esa50 is logged on their systems. Its always best to take a pro-active approach to avoid any problems.

Thanks for the advice. I called IB this morning and told nothing received so far and to call back mon. The advisor took details off me regarding the date of sending of the Special del and placed it on the system - so at least it shows that form was sent in on time by SD. Will call IB back on mon and reconfirm and get them to check with ATOS. Thanks Rover

Hello there.

We have a couple of DWP people who understand the post system and possibly its shortcomings. I know they've posted in the past, maybe they'll be along with a bit more detail for you in case it helps.

My best, HB

Thanks honeybee :-)

No, all enquiries about benefits have to be through an 0845 number. Though you can use the phones in the jobentre if you can make it. Or if you ring them and ask the person to call you back straight away they will generally do this - just explain you have spent a lot of money on phone calls to them.

Hello there.

My best, HB

There are various myths and confusions around about DWP post handling. The basic idea is that post is received at a processing centre operated by Royal Mail. The same centre might handle mail for several DWP offices. This isn't (as suggested upthread) an attempt to conceal the addresses of the offices - if you address a piece of mail to the actual, physical street address of an office, it will simply be redirected to the mail processing centre. Plus, the offices have signs outside them saying what they are - they're not exactly top secret underground bunkers.

Once the processing centre receives the mail (and signs for it, if required) it will be sorted and delivered by courier (used to be TNT, not sure if it still is) to the mailroom at the appropriate office. The mailroom will route it to the correct section within the office. Well, ideally they will - this is one stage where things can go wrong. Mail then arrives on the desk of the section AA team, generally, in a larger office. The AAs are Administrative Assistants. They are pretty good at knowing what desk stuff should ultimately end up on.

And on that desk, the mail is one piece in a huge bundle, distributed according to local office procedures to the processors, who look at it and either handle it or forward it on with, say, form LT54, to another section where...well, we back up a couple of steps and start again. Most benefit claimants hugely underestimate the sheer volume of mail dealt with by a Benefit Centre each day. I'm actually amazed more of it doesn't get lost.

As to the reason for the mail processing centres, it's mainly security. Mail sent to government offices has been known to go bang, or contain odd white powders. There is also a claim of efficiency - I'm not sure I buy it, but hey, I (and pretty much everyone you'll ever get to speak to at the DWP) didn't get to make the rules.

I'd suggest using the phone where possible, although I appreciate that there may be matters where you want a written record. If you do write, don't bother with SD or Recorded unless it's critical you can prove it was received - say, if it's important information about a change of circumstances. (Edited to add: or, yes, if the receipt of a form is date-critical, SD or Recorded could help you prove you submitted the form on time if there's any doubt.) Because from my position as an AO at a processing section, the fact that the mail was received at the processing centre isn't really relevant - if I don't have it in front of me, I can't process it, and I simply don't have the time or ability to track it down within the internal system.

Expect it to take 7-10 days from the day you post something to the day it actually arrives on a processor's desk.

If you do happen to know the street address of an office, don't bother using it. It won't speed things up and might actually slow them down.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

No, all enquiries about benefits have to be through an 0845 number. Though you can use the phones in the jobentre if you can make it. Or if you ring them and ask the person to call you back straight away they will generally do this - just explain you have spent a lot of money on phone calls to them.

Thats good advice Rover

There are various myths and confusions around about DWP post handling. The basic idea is that post is received at a processing centre operated by Royal Mail. The same centre might handle mail for several DWP offices. This isn't (as suggested upthread) an attempt to conceal the addresses of the offices - if you address a piece of mail to the actual, physical street address of an office, it will simply be redirected to the mail processing centre. Plus, the offices have signs outside them saying what they are - they're not exactly top secret underground bunkers.

Once the processing centre receives the mail (and signs for it, if required) it will be sorted and delivered by courier (used to be TNT, not sure if it still is) to the mailroom at the appropriate office. The mailroom will route it to the correct section within the office. Well, ideally they will - this is one stage where things can go wrong. Mail then arrives on the desk of the section AA team, generally, in a larger office. The AAs are Administrative Assistants. They are pretty good at knowing what desk stuff should ultimately end up on.

And on that desk, the mail is one piece in a huge bundle, distributed according to local office procedures to the processors, who look at it and either handle it or forward it on with, say, form LT54, to another section where...well, we back up a couple of steps and start again. Most benefit claimants hugely underestimate the sheer volume of mail dealt with by a Benefit Centre each day. I'm actually amazed more of it doesn't get lost.

As to the reason for the mail processing centres, it's mainly security. Mail sent to government offices has been known to go bang, or contain odd white powders. There is also a claim of efficiency - I'm not sure I buy it, but hey, I (and pretty much everyone you'll ever get to speak to at the DWP) didn't get to make the rules.

I'd suggest using the phone where possible, although I appreciate that there may be matters where you want a written record. If you do write, don't bother with SD or Recorded unless it's critical you can prove it was received - say, if it's important information about a change of circumstances. (Edited to add: or, yes, if the receipt of a form is date-critical, SD or Recorded could help you prove you submitted the form on time if there's any doubt.) Because from my position as an AO at a processing section, the fact that the mail was received at the processing centre isn't really relevant - if I don't have it in front of me, I can't process it, and I simply don't have the time or ability to track it down within the internal system.

Expect it to take 7-10 days from the day you post something to the day it actually arrives on a processor's desk.

If you do happen to know the street address of an office, don't bother using it. It won't speed things up and might actually slow them down.

Thank you for the clarification Antone, useful to know for future reference :thumb:

• 5 months later...

Hi BB

Well I have completed the migration from IB to ESA and am now experiencing difficulties with Wembley ATOS (PO BOX 1044). I've completed a questionnaire that was sent to me June/July time 2012 and have now received another informing me that a qustionnaire was sent on July 12 2012 to be returned by 14 August 2012. I am now wondering if this is where all the fun and games begin because I've checked all my post and they have not sent me another form. If one had been posted to me, why? I've already completed one.

I'm a bit annoyed that these people, (ATOS) make it difficult for you to contact them other than by post to a PO BOX. I expect like others may have experienced, my ESA benefit is now at risk of being stopped until I can somehow communicate with them to explain the situation. Is this delay tactics from the Medical Services as I'm also in the process of applying for DLA. In retrospect perhaps I should have recorded my mail being sent to ATOS. I have no medical letters to forward onto them as I enclosed them to support my DLA application.

I wonder if you saw the Channel 4 Despatches documentary recently with an undercover doctor supposedly going to work for them just so that he could gather information on the way ATOS operate. Well it was an eye opener for sure and pretty disgusting how those. me included, are subject to an almost impossible point scoring system that you are positively going to fail and be asked to look for work.

Thanks for your post BB

Hi BB

Well I have completed the migration from IB to ESA and am now experiencing difficulties with Wembley ATOS (PO BOX 1044). I've completed a questionnaire that was sent to me June/July time 2012 and have now received another informing me that a qustionnaire was sent on July 12 2012 to be returned by 14 August 2012. I am now wondering if this is where all the fun and games begin because I've checked all my post and they have not sent me another form. If one had been posted to me, why? I've already completed one.

I'm a bit annoyed that these people, (ATOS) make it difficult for you to contact them other than by post to a PO BOX. I expect like others may have experienced, my ESA benefit is now at risk of being stopped until I can somehow communicate with them to explain the situation. Is this delay tactics from the Medical Services as I'm also in the process of applying for DLA. In retrospect perhaps I should have recorded my mail being sent to ATOS. I have no medical letters to forward onto them as I enclosed them to support my DLA application.

I wonder if you saw the Channel 4 Despatches documentary recently with an undercover doctor supposedly going to work for them just so that he could gather information on the way ATOS operate. Well it was an eye opener for sure and pretty disgusting how those. me included, are subject to an almost impossible point scoring system that you are positively going to fail and be asked to look for work.

Thanks for your post BB

Eh what? 1st result on google http://unimportant.blog.co.uk/2011/06/24/atos-healthcare-regional-details-11370035/

Has all the telephone numbers as well :lol:

Atos Origin Healthcare Wembley MSC

1 Olympic House

Olympic Way

Wembley

Middlesex

HA9 0DL

0208 795 8772

If you need help I'd suggest a new thread as this ones ancient tbf. Plus I'm not sure what your actual issue is from that post.

Edit

Letters - you never send originals always copies

Post - if you can go to post office and ask for free proof of posting receipt. Free proves you sent something to X address and when.