Council house (repairs and rent)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if someone could help me I'm not sure I have posted in the right part of the forums.

I live in a council house 12 years now and it has needed some repairs doing to it.

We haven't been getting repairs done and we held our rent back because of this reason we have been told that we are in violation of our tenancy and that rent and repairs are separate matters and there are routes we can go down for repairs.

We said to women on phone well we have been to councillor 3 times and 2 times you have ignored his letters. Head surveyor has been out and still no repairs done as he made no notes on computer.

And yesterday the plasterer never turned up booked 8-12 housing office said they couldn't get hold of him all day and he would contact us at 17.00 he never did so we called today to be told he can't come and do it now till Wednesday at the earliest I was like I booked a whole day off work waiting for this guy they said sorry nothing we can do now till Wednesday as fully booked.

I asked for another guy then and after some arguing about getting time off work they said a guy could come Friday evening this week but he said he was busy so might not get all the bathroom plastered and might have to come back Monday I was pretty annoyed but had to agree to Monday as well.

I have a feeling that this person wont turn up tomorrow and just come wondering around here on Monday. I was told they would work around my hours because of the mess up.

I'm fed up and don’t know who else I can take this up with as I am told the housing manager doesn't meet with people and if I with held my rent they'll take me to court to have me removed from the house.

I work for the NHS and can't just take days off here and there and I'm not wasting one day after another on the hopes they might actually turn up.

Some Advice would be grateful

dont withhold rent, is it the council that actually run the housing or is it a arms length organisation? Again I would speak with councillor and demand that a meeting is set up with yourselves, the councillor and the housing manager. When you get this you can get a plan of action set up and have it written down. The housing manager has to meet with you thats a load of rubbish that he doesnt meet people is he very shy?? Go back to councillor and if need be go to MP.

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Hi

Agree with padja the worst thing you can do is withhold rent payments and yes they are correct that rent and repairs are two seperate issues. By witholding rent you will now be in rent arrears which can be seen as a breach of your tenancy. My advice is to immediatley pay your rent to prevent them taking any action for rent arrears.

As for the repairs you have a right to have certain repairs carried out within a specified time period.

What are the actual repair issues with dates reported and do you have a log of these?

What Council Housing?

Also have you put a Formal Complaint into the housing following their complaints procedure?

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi, no written complaint has gone in only over the course of 3 years have I written to the local counilor.

All the rest have been either face to face complaints or over the telephone so it is whatever is logged on the system. I am going to ask for a copy of all records they hold.

The housing is council (leeds city council) its not housing association.

As for logs kept no. well I say no we have some but as stated going to ask for a copy of everything reported to the council. then I will try and put 2 and 2 together with any blanks they dont have.

Hi

OK Leeds city council: East North East Homes Leeds?, Aire Valley Homes Leeds?, West North West Homes Leeds?, Belle Isle Tenant Management Organisation?.

People are always unders the assumption that council housing is not a housing association but they actually come under they exact same rules and regulation as any Housing Association.

The reason I ask which housing is to see what information I can find to assist you.

These may help at the moment:

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi sorry for the delay had problems with loss of internet until today, Its East North East housing.

I have text the women at the housing office to inform her I would be asking the local councilor for a meeting to be setup with the housing manager. but failing that have been in contact with the ombudsman and they might be able to help if communication breaks down with the councilor and the housing manager or if the meeting doesn't take place