MINI's issues: the whole seamless package comes at a big cost

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My dad and I were drawn to the mini, simply because 1) less depreciation in resale value 2) it is under BMW and with all their advertising one how simple it is to own a car is; e.g. there is MINI insurance, MINI tyre insurance, MINI shortfall

Later would you realise that MINI insurance isn't after all under MINI, in fact it is split into two branches. It cost me around 45 mins to eventually track down which insurance company my policy was with. I called the agent, he was clueless. - you have to always remember they only do SALES, not just SALES, but NEW CAR SALES.

They are so hyped up on their sales at Park Lane, London, that even after explaining that I am new how car sales is handled in the UK and I am also interested in Used Cars, I was not told that there are two separate departments - one sales, and the other used and only found out after paying for the car.

During a session of putting up a quotation for the car, I was told, since you don't have space at home to keep the standard tyres when you need a change of winter tyres, we will just fit the winter tyres on for you. Because of this, I only took up a 2-yr tyre insurance. When winter came, I received a call, that I would need to change to the winter tyres. I was confused. Than he explained with much excitement that they could provide such a service, as long as I had take out a tyre insurance, the tyres will be kept at the garage.......I asked why wasn't I told about such service, he explained once again the terms and conditions for the tyre insurance denying everything else.

I feel very deceived. How on earth can a company sell itself as have seamless services and sales, when it is all so disjointed and departmentalised?

Recently, car has a few scratches thanks to the motorists on the road... and was told to contact insurance and service dept. separately to find out how much I would need to pay.

It is all very tiring... very disappointing.

based on this : ranker.com/list/car-dealers-with-the-best-customer-service-2011

next round I will be heading to Merc