County court action by NCP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent NCP a cheque for a parking ticket. Which they never banked, but i never checked that they had or not.

Some time later they begin, through a solicitor a claim through the county courts for the said amount £185 (£5 interest) plus £90 fees/charges etc. (total:£270) back in November.

I filled out the neccassary paperwork making a part admission that i owed £180 as according to my bank statements the cheque i sent them was not banked. However, i submitted a defence that i was disputing the additonal charges based on the fact that i had sent them a cheque.

The reply came back this month feb. that 'judgement for claimant' and they accepted the offer i made £180 +£5 interest.

However, they have now added £140 worth of costs to the figure so total now £325.

Which doesnt make sense if i had chosen to stay silent and not dispute the claim i could've just paid out £270 but instead it seems that as i excercised my legal right to challenge i have now been penalised with an even higer amount to pay back.

Is there anything i can do about this, please someone help me!

What was the initial 'debt' alleged to be for?

Being NCP it suggests a private parking matter.

If so this thread is better over in Transport - Parking/Traffic Offences - where someone has already drawn attention to it.

No. I dont have an issue with NCP with 'pcn' was fair.

However, its the extra costs that have been added which perplex me.

i will upload some of the docs later.

p3.jpg

there is a mention of costs on the back of the claim form but i assumed this was laid out on page 1 £35 + £50.

If they were going to add £140 i could've made an informed decision to not bother to defend myself and pay the full amount at the beginning of all this.

hxxp://i42.tinypic.com/24pmn4g.jpg

hxxp://i40.tinypic.com/4ujgap.jpg

hxxp://i39.tinypic.com/sg7ksl.jpg

h t t p edited as i can post live links.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

Edited by sildenafil