Motability Car clamped and threatened to be crushed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have Islington outsourced their back office functions?

If they have and it is Capita sue both

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

not sure if balifs can seize a disabled persons vehicle, even if owned by the disabled person in question, you'd imagine not but i'm not sure, maybe someone else knows better.

what i do know though is that baliffs cant seize other peoples property to settle a debtors liability, as motability vehicles are essentially hired vehicles that means the vehicle belongs to someone else (motability) its the same if you have finance or HP on a vehicle, they cant touch it.

if a baliff does try to seize the car what you should do is report it to the owner of the vehicle, in this case motability, who will contact the baliffs and demand they do not remove their property, or if the vehicle had already been removed, the company may even report the vehicle as stolen, i've read other cases where finance companies have reported vehicles seized by baliffs as stolen. they simply can not touch hired vehicles, if the do so its theft.

The OP and her daughter hold all the aces which is why the council is running scared. Appalling discrimination against a disabled person. Follow the advice and pursue and sue. Full steam ahead ...

The OP and her daughter hold all the aces which is why the council is running scared. Appalling discrimination against a disabled person. Follow the advice and pursue and sue. Full steam ahead ...

Agreed Rae, these muppets, and I use the term, as a descriptor, purely because this was Direct Discrimination of an appalling nature, in that it was continuous, and premeditated, as they knew they should have made a reasonable adjustment, to take account of OP's situation, and arrange parking. They know they were doing wrong, and now they are in a panic trying to avoid :

1: A hefty payment when discrimination is confirmed

2: The odium of the public, and the bad publicity they will get.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!