lowells claiming i made a payment by slip in 06/09 to BC - help

kkett
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there im a new user

i have been getting letters from lowell,red, hamptons which after doing research on here are all the same company .

they are sying that i owe 1500 pounds to them for a old barclay card which ive never made a payment to for over 7 years .

they said they bought this debt .

sent them letter that stated that the debt was statute barred but they replied saying it wasnt .

i then asked for proof of statement which they sent me copys of 2009 which said i made payments to them

but after checking my bank statements online for 2009 there is no record of these payments.

they have also been on my credit file without permission.

so i would be grateful if someone has any advice on what to do now thanks.

Hi and welcome to CAG

It is up to them to prove the payment they suggest has been made. They need to provide you with full details as to the date and the source and the method.

Others will jump on this for you very soon I'm sure.

Thread moved to Debt Collection forum

Edited by ims21
  • Confused 1

Hi

So the Leeds Losers have sent you a statement saying you paid in 2009.

OK, When, Where, By what means and what name is on the 'payment'

Ask them that and see what crud they come back with.

They have tried this on numerous occasions and as far as I am aware, once challenged, they go away.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It certainly wouldn't be the first time that a company like this claim 'mystery' payments have been made....can you post up what they sent you outlining the payments they claim you made ? (but please leave off any personal information) If you feel they are attempting fraud, then what you must do is pass this to the Office Of Fair Trading.

Dear Sir / Madam.

I am in receipt of your 'statments' in answer to my request for information on payments that you claim have been made by me.

Firstly I have checked my bank accounts at the time you have mentioned and I can categorically state that I have NEVER made a payment or payments for the amount you suggest on the date you claim. Moreover you have done nothing more than provide a date and an alleged payment. I will now request that you furnish me with details of how the payment was made.

If it is your intention to commit any kind of fraudulent activity, I will have absolutely no hesitation in taking this to court, I will also state that if it is also your intention to issue any statutory demand or court claim then it will be defended to the hilt.

I trust this makes my position completely clear.

Hi,

I received a reply from OFT today re Lowell and they are monitoring this Traders fitness to hold a credit licence.

I am the person they took to a Bankruptcy Court and my case is still ongoing. (Foggy123)

Please anyone with problems with Lowell please report it to the OFT so they can add it to their file and hopefully they will be found not fit to hold a credit licence. The OFT have taken my complaints very seriously and they would, I am sure, be very interested in Lowells ability to flaunt the debt Collecting Guidelines as blatantly as they do.

where would i go to do that as i am sick of all these letters they sent me so called statements saying i had made payments in 2009 but i know for a fact that after checking with my bank thay have made them up.how do i put them on here

courtesy of dx

use a mobile phone or digital camera

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture[jpg] file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf

than many single ones

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

then hit reply button

dx

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Are you 100% sure that you have never made these payments ?

Send the letter above......and note down all dates / times they call you. and keep all their correspondence. And I urge you to report them to the OFT.

I would also check your bank statements for a few days before the dates above (just in case) but looking at what they have sent you, I could mock up something quite easily so long as I have your account details. Ooh. Lowells have your details (NOT saying they WOULD-your honour) :smile:

Hi,

e-mail the OFT you get an automatic response and then they will reply to you within 10days.

e-mail address is [email protected]

Tell them how you are being treated by Lowell dont leave anything out believe me they will be very interested.

You are in the right and Lowell probably know this and it is against the law for them to harrass you in this way.Please lodge your complaint a.s.a.p

Try not to worry help is available on this sight. Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have unapproved the attachment as you have left on an awful lot of personal info.

I did read it though and (as hard as this is to say) I think Lowell are doing the right thing here.

Did you check your bank statements?

I am wondering if Barclays may have refunded your account with a couple of payments?? (Just guessing obviously). This may explain where they came from. Not that it matters. YOU didn't make any payment

• 1 month later...

just updating my annoyance with lowell

just received letter stating they have spoke to barclaycard and they have told them i made a counter payment in june 2009

which i no i never made so thay say its not statue barred

any suggestions would be grateful.

i have checked my credit report and there is no record of barclaycard on there .

the card was from an old address in 2000.

to make a counter payment you would need a slip to pay it in which ive never had help pleaseeee.

Edited by kkett

how would i go about doing this

Hi

Everything you need to SAR is in the library (top left)

Hello,

Check with Barclaycard when this debt was bought by Lowell. If it was before April 2007, which it more than likely was, then Lowell cannot enforce this debt.Stated in law 78(6) of the consumer credit act.

Unless they can show you making a counter payment (on cctv) then they cant prove anything. They have had me taking a holiday to a place I have never been so I know how you feel.

Speaking to Barclays is not good enough if they cant supply the payment slips signed by you then forget it.

Be strong and dont forget to inform the OFT how Lowell are Harassing you.

thanks for the post foggy every letter i get of them is signed by the famous S BARNARD as to whos names pops up alot on this site and others she/he must be only one thats works for lowell