Caught in Sainsbury's please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Locky94,

Really glad someone picked up this thread and I have the opportunity to pass this wisdom onto someone else!

In the end we had several letters but we followed the advice on this forum down to the letter and we never heard from them again! I think it was after 2/3 letters from them that we wrote to them and said we 'denied liability to their clients', and then we never heard from them again.

Don't cave- be strong!

Thanks for the quick reply, As i'm a student i don't have 150 at hand. So i was worrying. When should i send the letter saying that i deny liability to their clients? After they send another one?

Thanks for the help, Really is grateful

Hi again- have a look back over this thread (thats where i found the advice)- but im pretty sure we put: To DWF, ref you letter dated [whenever they sent you the letter] I deny any liability to you or your client, Yours Sincerely, [your name]. Something like that. But yep wait for 2nd of 3rd letter. and dont sweat it

Thank you HoneyBee

And ScarletPimpernel, this is the 3rd letter i have just received today

Dear Sirs,

Our Client: Sainsbury's Supermarkets Limited

Balance Due: £150

We write with reference to our letters dated **/**/**** and **/**/**** and note we have note received your reply.

Should payment not be made during the course of the next 7 days we will consider commencing Court Proceedings to recover the sum outstanding.

If you do not pay:

- The sum outstanding may increase due to Court costs, fees and interest

- A county court Judgment may be entered against you

- Your credit rating may be affected for up to 6 years

- A bailiff may attend your house to remove goods to the value owed

- We may seek a Court order deducting monies from your earnings with your employer

If you pay now:

- No further action will be taken

Please pay by one of the following methods [...]

We await your payment or response during the course of the next 7 days.

Yours faithfully,

DWF'

I see that DWF appear to have forgotten that they'd need to win a court case before any of the things they threaten can happen. If they were attempting to collect a legitimate debt their letter would breach OFT Guidance, but as no real debt exists it's clearly just an attempt to mislead.

Personally, I'd send a simple letter:

Dear Sirs

I refer to your recent correspondence. Any liability to you or your client is denied.

Yours etc.,

... and then ignore them.

You could also just continue to ignore them. There is always a possibility, however remote, that a court claim could be brought, and the letter will show a judge that you have made your position clear, whilst ignoring them may show a reluctance to deal with the matter.

• Haha 1

I would suggest you send the letter either by Recorded delivery or at the very least obtain a Free proof of posting from the post office. That way you have proof that the letter has indeed been sent.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 6 months later...
Ahhh okay, Thanks for all this help. Really am grateful.

Hi Locky94,

Initially, apologies for reviving an old thread.

My wife has recently found herself in a similar situation and I was wondering if you were successful with your efforts following the advice received in this thread.

Hi Red DD

I think that if Locky94 was still experiencing any problems then there would be more posts here

Have a read of all of the RLP threads and then create your own thread if you need support

RLP do operate a bullying business model with no legal basis and cannot take legal action against anyone. Your wife should certainly not return any of the forms that they might send, the only communication worthwhile is the one-liner denying any liability, and even with that, not by registered post (get a free certificate of posting from the post office)