Help With Nissan Almera 2001 N16

thepalace1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have left messages on forums and boards everywhere but not attracted any help... Hopefully someone on CAG can help.

The car a Y reg 2001, 1.8 Automatic Nissan Almera broke down 2 weeks ago, AA towed to local garage, they replaced Idle COntrol Valve and Throttle Body costing £475, but then the garage stated it also needs a new ecu as it is burnt out (and you can smell it)

The car starts and drives, but the garage have recommended I dont as it could and most probably will fry the new Idle Control Valve and New Throttle Body, So I have sourced a second hand ECU, Ignition Barrell, Key + Chip, and Transponder, fuse box.

I have fit this correctly but the car wiull not start, the immobiliser light stays on on the dashboard as if the imobiliser is not seeing the chip in the key.

This is where I am stuck, I have changed the whole darn thing and the ecu will not start the car with the new transponder key and chip.

Please please help, the car is great its only done 33,000 genuing miles, not a scratch on it and has full mopt and tax, it is worth about £1000 which is far far far too much to go scrapping it

I would put a post up on a nissan site. It sounds as though you know theissue. the ecu and transpoder has not linked with each other. therefore it will not start. there is a correct procedure for electronics and you need to make sure you have followed this. there are companies that will repair the old ecu. have you done a search on google for this?

regards vinnychoff