Barclays Bank Moorcroft Recovery/Home Collection Services

FoxyMutha
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received some excellent advice on here, but I just need a bit more guidance on how to deal with where I am up to currently.

Brief overview so far -

Barclays overdraft facility in place, owing around £1000.00

Barclays shut my current account of over 12 years on my behalf. Funny how they were never the same with me since I reclaimed bank charges!

Barclays continuing to add my account fee of £13.50 per month to the "closed down" account

Moorcroft sending letters trying to collect the balance of an overdraft facility overdue including the monthly charges added for months after Barclays had sent me letters confirming my account was closed.

I send Moorcroft "prove the debt letters", also a CCA requesting the details under the Act.

Moorcroft replied to say they (meaning Barclays) havent been able to trace/find a copy of the CCA and that I can apply to have my details regarding this debt changed in its recording with credit reference agencies.

Moorcroft wrote again to say that even though they no have documents regarding the CCA that this does not mean the debt does not exist.

Hear nothing for months.

Mid January I receive a letter from Home Collection Services to say they have "good news" for me! I can contact them and agree an interest free replayment plan or a substantial discount.

Where do I go from here? What is my next move?

Much appreciated indeed :-)

Edited by citizenB
spacing for easier reading

1: Whilst you continue to engage with these people, they will continue to write to you. If you want a PenPal, chose one in a far away country.

2: There will be no contract/agreement in respect of a current account - although there should be a facility letter.

3: Have a read of the BCOBs articles in my signature - highlighted in green. If you believe your bank took retaliatory action when you reclaimed bank charges, then you could probably argue that they did not Treat You Fairly.

I am puzzled how they can charge you £13.50 per month on a "closed" account and one that they peremptorily closed.

It might just be worth your making an official complaint. Read the articles first though.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

also those magic words - discount!!

they'll never go near a court for fear of a counter claim

pers i'd ignore then though a very good use of BCOBS here as suggested

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

HI

I am in a similar situation.

A couple of years ago I contacted Barclays to increase my overdraft to £3k. They said on the phone I was eligable to make it £15k and were seeing if I wanted to do it. A bit of a shock that I was eligable for so much, seeing as my accounts hadn't been run well, but I accepted. Since then, ,my cashflow has gone down and I was struggling to keep inside the £15k (often over it). Any money I put into it, kept getting sucked up in interest, it was like walking up a sand bank.

Then Barclays contacted me and said that there were options out there for me and that I could consolidate my overdraft, credit card and a loan, all into 1 loan. They said this could be the best way, as they could see I was struggling to keep up and had slipped up on a previous repayment plan. They also said, that sometimes depending on my circumstances, the loan could be interest free. I uhm'd and ar'd and they suggested I get together a list of my income and outgoings together and that they would call back in a week to discuss. Knocking the interest off things, seemed like a good idea to me, so I have been waiting for their call.

Two months down the line, still no call. Then I find out from Barclays (by chance), that my account has been closed and it is showing zero balance! I have also just had another of my Barclays accounts (which I rarely used and always kept in 100% good order) closed out of the blue. When I called them about this, I spoke to someone in collections who said that my main account was showing as zero balance and coming up as 'money manager'. The guy didn't know what this meant though.

I have recently had a couple of voicemails from a firm called Credit Solutions. I guess this could be in connection with the situation?

By questions are; a) Is there a deal to be had with this Credit Solutions, b), will it effect my credit history in any way and c) can I hold Barclays accountable for anything (i.e. putting me in so much dabt, charges etc)?

Oh and just like foxymutha, I recently contacted them regarding mis selling of ppi as well...

Many thanks in advance for any feedback

HI

I am in a similar situation.

A couple of years ago I contacted Barclays to increase my overdraft to £3k. They said on the phone I was eligable to make it £15k and were seeing if I wanted to do it. A bit of a shock that I was eligable for so much, seeing as my accounts hadn't been run well, but I accepted. Since then, ,my cashflow has gone down and I was struggling to keep inside the £15k (often over it). Any money I put into it, kept getting sucked up in interest, it was like walking up a sand bank.

Then Barclays contacted me and said that there were options out there for me and that I could consolidate my overdraft, credit card and a loan, all into 1 loan. They said this could be the best way, as they could see I was struggling to keep up and had slipped up on a previous repayment plan. They also said, that sometimes depending on my circumstances, the loan could be interest free. I uhm'd and ar'd and they suggested I get together a list of my income and outgoings together and that they would call back in a week to discuss. Knocking the interest off things, seemed like a good idea to me, so I have been waiting for their call.

Two months down the line, still no call. Then I find out from Barclays (by chance), that my account has been closed and it is showing zero balance! I have also just had another of my Barclays accounts (which I rarely used and always kept in 100% good order) closed out of the blue. When I called them about this, I spoke to someone in collections who said that my main account was showing as zero balance and coming up as 'money manager'. The guy didn't know what this meant though.

I have recently had a couple of voicemails from a firm called Credit Solutions. I guess this could be in connection with the situation?

By questions are; a) Is there a deal to be had with this Credit Solutions, b), will it effect my credit history in any way and c) can I hold Barclays accountable for anything (i.e. putting me in so much dabt, charges etc)?

Oh and just like foxymutha, I recently contacted them regarding mis selling of ppi as well...

Many thanks in advance for any feedback

start your OWN thread see my sig

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...