PPI interest rate/how long to response/can I charge lloyds at their own interest rates

hackedoffwithllyods
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just interested in where the 8% interest limit comes from, in my case the have offered my a repayment off my PPI + 8%.interest They have not detailed how the figure has been calculated, they have offered about 4000GBP

My PPI was on an overdraft product, it has been going for more than 6 years

Its my understanding that Lloyds would charge interest of 24% if I wanted to borrow 3000 over 6 years.

If I go over an agreed overdraft limit they want to charge me 15 per day, by talking out this PPI product Lloyds have had in effect a free overdraft from myself.

Q. Do I have to accept their offer of 8% interest when they would want so much more?

Q. Can I charge them the same 15GBP per day?

Q. I have been told that it will take 28 days to transfere cash to my account, how long does it actually take?

It slipped out in one off my many conversations with Lloyds that they are using some type of document scanning system to send one document from one department to another which is one of the reasons that its taking so long to settle ppi cliams even after they have offered a settlement.

Is it just me or when somebody says that the will offer you a settlement you expect it to be paid by exchange of letters or do bank live in a different world when it comes to refunding things.

you need to get the offer in writing with calculations

and find out

the statutorty rate is 8%, but thats when the PPI payments already include their interest levied on the PPI payments.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Now that 10 of their top execs have had their bonuses reduced.. you might find you get your money quicker !

Seriously, LTSB are one of the worst for keeping claimants waiting for their refunds :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The text off Lloyds off is

"As out final response we would like to offer you a refund of all the PPI premiums paid (inclusive of interest), plus simple interest at 8%. Should you accept out offer, the payment will also take into account any other factors there are relevant to your circumstances" etc.

They want me to sign something to effect that this is a final offer, i.e. in later years it can not be question etc.

I would prefer to see a spread sheet of some other way of known has this figure has been calculated. I am also question their interest rate. The wish to offer a simple 8% for the 2729.36 they have had out of over the last 7+ years. If I had requested a the same about they would have charged be interested at 24%.

Also their offer does not cover the time, resources I have put in to chasing paper work, requesting information, making me go overdrawn etc. I am freelance engineer I should have been working for my client instead of chasing bankers. The moment you step out of line with a bank they charge you, I think that Lloyds have step out of line and there is case for charging them for the privllage. If I sign their standard letter of acceptance I lost that privllage.

Any suggestions?

text back

the FOS nor i, agree that any conditions should be attached to PPI refunds , and also i should be party to how you have calculated the reclaim

again, inline with FOS guidelines

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...