Quickquid/ARC/Trevor Munn LLB Solicitors

Miki123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys me again. As some of you may know me and my partner are in a DMP with CCCS. One of the Creditors on the DMP are Quickquid (i know, i know lol). Well, CCCS started paying them monthly then after about 5 months CCCS contacted us to say Quickquid have rejected that months payments as they are "no longer dealing with the account". CCCS then said that they will hold the payment to them for 28 days and that if they had not contacted us then they will distribute the funds to the remaining creditors.

Well 3 months down the line and we have had no responce from Quickquid or any DCA acting on behalf of, until today.

So today I get a letter from "Trevor Munn LLB Solicitors". stating that on the instructions of their client, ARC (Europe) Ltd, documentation will now be prepared for the issue of a claim in the Northampton County Court, for recovery of the "debt".

Basically says I have 10 ndays from the 17th to either "PAY IN FULL OR A SUBSTANTIAL PAYMENT AND A FIRM COMMITMENT TO CLEAR THE REMAINING BALANCE"

If neither are taken they will charge intrest on the outstanding amount at the rate of 8%pa and in addition court cost of £80.00

Then if its still unpaid a CCJ will be registered?

my arguements are

1. who the hell are ARC? never heard from them or been contacted by them?

2. If theyre going to issue a CCJ doesnt my credit file need to register this as a default first? theres no mention of this account on my credit file.

is this just another scare tactic?

has anyone come into contact with them before?

this "so called solicitor requests no information to go through them but to contact ARC's legal help line and to speak with their litigation manager?

Shall i just offer them an F&F of £100 and tell them to go away.

I'm not disputing the debt i know i own it and am trying to F&F them 1 by 1 as and when i can afford to.

i'll try to post the letter here but its hit and miss as ive never done it before.Scan.zip

You've left a reference number on the bottom.

As these clowns seem to be intent on spending money they haven't got, and jumping the gun, I would send them a CPR request just to see exactly what, if any, paperwork they have that they are going to rely on in court to be successful..?

So you have received NO notice of assignment from QQ?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well, in that case then, how are you supposed to know what the hell is going on?

More fool them and QQ, I'd send Munn this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Then get onto QQ sharpish and ask them what it is they think they are playing at, and who the hell is this fool trying to con money out of you.

Get their complaints procedure also, and exhaust it so you can escalate this, as they clearly have NO customer service education.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Clearly a 'solicitor for rent' lot along the lines of Nelson Guest and others, QQ are grasping at straws here, passing the debt to mulitple companies is against the OFT guidelines on debt collecting so get onto the OFT and Trading Standards and MP Stella Creasy who is against the actions of PDL companies

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk for the Office of Fair Trading

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk for Trading Standards

[email protected]

The procedure Bazookaboo says won't stop QQ trying another company... it is not one of the better methods of stopping PDL companies that currently exist but will make Trevor Munn think again. You can also complain to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority about Trevor Munn becoming involved when there was no need for it.

One company, Fredericksons, has already dropped out of collecting debt for the PDL market due to the interest of the official bodies.

• 3 months later...

Ok Guys I've kinda broken a few rules here but I now have an update for you.

I contacted QQ regarding this and was told that they will no longer deal with me regarding this matter as the debt has now been passed onto ARC.

I did something rather silly and wrote to ARC on 20th Feb 2012 stating that QQ had refused payment for the debt and that if they would like to accept an ex Gratia payment in full and final settlement I could raise £100 on the clear understanding that if accepted its to be regarded as statisfied in full etc etc etc.

I posted this letter on the 21st feb 2012 by recorded delivery (retaining the receipt) and it was signed for at 8:45 am on the 22nd feb 2012 and I have a print out of recipients signature and royal mails track and trace time stamps.

Well Ive never received a reply until today (9th June 2012) from our friends at Trevor Munn's who sent a letter dated 7th June saying:

Dear sir,

A county court claim has now been prepared and is ready to be issued against you in Northampton county court. The following costs will be added upon issue

Debt balance £394.83

Court fee £30

Solicitors costs £50

Total £474.83

It is still not too late, but you must act now sand send payment tidy or call our client ARC directly on their legal helpline (read pompous,pushy,cockroach operated call centre)and ask for the litigation manager in infamous Daniel Ryan.

IF YOU IGNORE THIS LETTER WE MAY PROCEED TO ISSUE THE CLAIM WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE.

Ok well before they issue a CCJ shouldn't there have been a dirty stain on my credit file before its issued?

Was going to write to Trev with copies of the letters I've sent ARC and impolitely state that before they start making idle threats they may want to ask their client to firstly respond to correspondence first, then take their threats and place them somewhere where they can soil themselves with them later.

However, Ive taken a deep breath and decided to pop over here again, annoy you kind people with my problems and kindly ask what step I take next.

As always thanks in advance guys

No, you must stop trying to go down the route of 'mistakes in procedures' as the door has been shut on that since the various Rankine cases.

I would resend Trevor Nunn the offer you made in February and state that you will have a defence to file against them once you receive the court information, as is your right.

They are not too bad with the amount they are claiming, I've seen £50 turned into £1500 before now in court paperwork, but they got thrown out.

In the meantime send them the copies of the letters, get your paperwork and list of calls etc into order and sit back and wait for this alleged court claim to come in.

When the court claim is in we will do a defence based on the correspondence trail where you have continually tried to get closure of this debt, and then see what happens. To really really upset them you can file the defence at the same time you acknowledge the claim - odds on they won't want to do the allocation questionnare which will cost them money but is free for you - that is a later stage.

Don't worry about going to Northampton, once the defence is filed the claim will be moved to your local court.

Ok cool. Well I'll type up a letter to dear old Trev and send that off on Monday morning along with copies of my receipts of postage and see why the response is from them.

Only thing I find slightly amusing is the fact that on the letters it always states not to contact them but to contact the client.

When I sent my first letter to the client I addresses the letter straight to the litigation Manager. Funny thing is I haven't received any communication from ARC stating that they own the debt, any demands for payment, default notices, statements of account or anything? Fact is I've never received anything from ARC period. The only communication regarding this debt is through Trevor Munn's

• 3 weeks later...

Having a problem with this muppett. On renewal of my house insurance I sent a letter to Ageas Insurance solutions telling them thanks but no thanks am pulling out of house and ex-wifes bank account is now closed. Well blow me down come February the muppets send me a bill for £58, the two direct debits they did not get. e-mailed them to tell them I cancelled, wish I had telephoned now. Well gone through a few DCA'S and it has risen to £163, now this muppet poking his head out. Say's they have been assigned the agreement !!!!!!!!!!! I have thousands and thousands of pounds of debt and this badger is like an itch I can't scratch. I am NOT GOING TO PAY IT as it is made of illegal charges and I wrote to them to tell em STOP boy's I'm off don't need the house insurance...... oh boy what a pain.

By the way, let me know if this plonker has gone through with his threat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

• 3 weeks later...

Up date, I have just received the threat O gram letter from Mr Munn,,, 10 days or else... Can't wait. Have my paper trail in order.... Miki, let me know how you get on. Silly girl may need your input when this muppet goes for it.

Sorry Happpyhippy but due to the nasty comments from a poster which were backed up by Sequenci I am no longer taking an active role in this part of the forum.

I was told that the advice I was giving was 'dangerous, illegal and severely limited people's options'. I have repeatedly said that my advice was given without legal training or any other kind of training and from personal experience of fours years ago.

I have just received the threat O gram letter from Mr Munn,,, 10 days or else...

I had two letters from Trevor Munn threatening me with Court action within 10 days etc. - been 4 months now and still waiting!!

Stigman - hello guests :wave:

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Sorry to here that Sillygirl,,,, blooming shame,,,, it is just that advice,,,, it is up to the individual if they take it or not.... my oh my..... haaaa stig,,, I have a funny feeling Mr Munn will try a sneaky action as I have replied to him personally and his muppets ARC,,,, with the few words of AT LAST,,, BRING IT ON SEE YOU IN (MY LOCAL COUNTY COURT ) 2 sugars in my coffee please...

• 4 weeks later...

Good news on house insurance made complaint to company requested a SAR and CCA letter back with three pages of drivel and saying they were not at fault but due to my predicament of house repossession etc they have wiped out the debt etc etc,,, funny but no signed CCA only a blank and letters that did not tally with the letters that were sent but accepted and said I would withdraw me costs I was demanding off DCA and me distress and inconvenience heeee

ARC are just another DCA. Treat them the same as youw ould treat any other.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

agree with renegadeimp, those these boys are a bit more nastier they use the lovely paragraph of be in no doubt we will commence legal proceedings within 10 days if no payment plan is forthcoming.. hugh yep all I say is see you in me local court. But as my debt is now wiped out and they had a lovely e-mail to tell em so I can't wait till I deal with them again..... IGNORE EM AND THERE BULLING TACTICS.