Grievance documents shown to all colleagues?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

My husband has been going through a disciplinary & grievance procedure at work

- to cut a long story short

- following 18 months of bullying by his line manager he ended up shouting & swearing at him.

His work decided this was gross misconduct and took him through a disciplinary.

In the meantime he raised a grievance against his manager - which was upheld.

He received a 12 month written warning (which he is appealing).

They were sent to mediation (his line manager walked out on the first day but his company insisted he went back & they came to an agreement on the 2nd day).

He has found out his line manager complained to the company that the mediator was biased (!)

today was his first day back at work.

he went in to see the IT Director who told him that he had shown my husband's 'log of incidents'

(the log he had been keeping of everything that his manager had done to him/said in the office that was unacceptable over the past 18 months) to everyone in the office

& that he was now a 'pariah' and that his colleagues all want to talk to him about it on a one to one basis.

He also told him that his manager had been found not guilty of bullying him in his disciplinary (strange as the grievance was upheld?)

presumably this is an illegal breach of confidence?

He is raising a grievance against the IT director based on this but what else can we do?

Hi,

This is cause for concern and a grievance should be raised in first instance, and wait for action they are prepared to take.

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Thank you. He's in the middle of preparing the grievance document now.

What is the position about him returning to work? Obviously he doesn't want to be there but as he is no longer suspended and has had a 'successful' mediation is he obliged to be (considering this latest discovery -ie the showing of confidential documents to the whole department)?

Hi,

He always could resign and claim constructive dismissal on the grounds of breach of trust and confidence.

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Hi,

He always could resign and claim constructive dismissal on the grounds of breach of trust and confidence.

Thanks - I think this is what he would prefer. However I am concerned as all I have read says that constructive dismissal cases are very hard to win. We also can't really live on my salary alone in the meantime & he's not had any luck with job hunting. So I'm at a complete loss as to what we can do really.

Hi HB,

Yes, we have legal protection cover up to £50,000 - my husband has spoken to them & they'll be ringing back later. He's also spoken to some lawyers who have all said that he doesn't have a case yet but might if they don't deal with the grievance properly - in other words he's got to go through the whole grievance palaver again. And with no witnesses so unlikely to be upheld if the Director denies it. In the meantime he's refusing to go back to work so won't be getting paid.