Pay Rights

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya All

It has become apparent that more strange things are going on at a particular work place (the natives are restless and they smell blood in the water).

- the organisation is under a pay freeze.

- said pay freeze was imposed by ceo.

- ceo says is allowed to impose pay freeze after advice from union and solicitors.

- pay freeze was entered into much much earlier than other connected/affiliated organizations.

- it has come to light that said pay freeze is counter to signed contracts stating need to pay progression - subsequent advice from [what i would term as the head office] HQ office states such pay should be paid, bonuses are mentioned and have been paid to senior staff and I have been told select others.

- a very large number of connected/affliated organizations staff have received such payments and continue to do so.

- ceo was unable to advise what union said the above was possible - multiple unions involved.

- if management is evasive [guaranteed in this case me thinks!] what options do staff have to get it addressed/corrected?

- what rights do the workers have in re-cooping lost earnings?

- even if the ceo leaves and walks away as they are apparently trying to do, are they legally responsible [as they are responsible for imposing the pay freeze]

- what rights do staff have in getting the new ceo to deal with the issue?

- no new terms & conditions have been signed to cover this apparent change.

Thoughts anyone?

Hi,

Are wages agreements usually negotiated by a trade union?

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Bigredbus

Thanks for replying. Yes they are.

But the union is in bed with the management - which is a big problem.

Management came out with the phrase "normal circumstances" to say this is allowed.

Oh and this came up because a employee produced a paper for management to address these questions and they

tried to get them to withdraw it - so much for being open and transparent.

Edited by Gazza01

Hi

If the Unions are negotiating the wages then surely they have a responsibility to inform the Employees of the discussions held to get agreement between the employees and Management?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

stu007

You are quite right and you would think so - but not where this is taking place from all accounts union/management are the same thing - just a different name and face.

No information other than verbal announcement of pay freeze by ceo, no union advice passed to members. no comment from union on pay freeze at this particular place in fact to this day. Says a lot doesn't it? Especially as elsewhere other staff are being paid as normal.