Very Urgent Help Required please !!

mart2k6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

New to this site but spotted it out on search engine looking for advice

I got fined wrongly for having no tv license 6mths ago and decided not to appeal as i was told 99% of the time people lose the appeal and finish up paying upto 5 times more in fines, so i got fined £165

I was paying it back at aropund £10 per week but then became unemployed and lost track of payments before it being sent to a bailiff

When receiving a letter from the bailiffs i contacted them to try make some kind of offer of repayment which they declined and told me to discuss it with the bailiff when he finally turned up on my doorstep

Well he turned up about 10days ago and demanded i pay the £115 on the fine and a further £250 costs. I deciced to contact citizens advice who then told me to make a plea with the court to try and have the fine sent back to the court with adequate repayments

I appeared in court and pleaded my case but eventually they decided there was nothing they could do apart from hand it back to the bailiffs

The bailiff appeared on my doorstep again today , but what i want to know is if i refuse this guy entry completely what is the likelyhood he will gain entry by force or with police and locksmiths for that amount of money

If i had the £365 i would pay him just to get them off my backs but I dont and he refuses to accept any kind of payment plan

Any ideas or advice would be truly appreciated

Thanks

Have you a link to that thread

And is it same even though its a magistrates bailiff ?

Thanks

The rules for a bailiff executing a magistrates order are slightly different from civil cases, and they can use "reasonable force" to obtain entry.

as you have been down the appeal route there is not a lot else that can be done at this stage, you cant pay what you haven’t got, and if the bailiff has little or nothing to levy on in the home then they are wasting their time.

if you own a car you may wish to move it...

For some reason after reading posts on these forums i rang the court and explained that £250 for one bailiffs visit must be wrong

They agree and have suspended the warrant and the original £115 is now the likely option with weekly payments which are affordable

Good job guys keep up the good work :D :D