HSBC Being Awkward Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Am looking for a few pointers please if possible as my father is lost where to turn next, here is brief run down.

My father banked with Midland Bank / HSBC for years and held many loans and mortgage accounts with them, all where protected.

As my father had no details of these accounts I fired a SAR off to them with £10 to get account numbers etc. The information took while to come back and a lot of messing around as we had to have them delivered to the local branch and then collect them from there as they refused to send to home address. The SAR looked somewhat edited and it seemed obvious that bits had been omited from the report, no signs of any protection anywhere.

So I fired off the PPI claim forms for each loan and mortgage account as we did now have the account numbers.

They wrote back saying all but one loan had PPI, cobblers, pure nonsense.

Out the blue before Christmas 2011, my father received a payment offer on the 1 loan of £5000.

A few days later the payment was made again into my fathers account.

HSBC wrote to say that a error had occured and the payment had been sent twice. We done the right thing and arranged for the prompt return and I wrote a reply back to HSBC advising that this has been actioned quickly for them and we would like to see the other complaints dealt with. Many weeks later received a letter as before saying you didn't have PPI on them, my father did, we know 10000% sure he did but lack the proof.

Where can we go from here?

Many thanks

Edited by StinkyFeet
Incorrect year

Advice & opinions given by Stinkyfeet are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. :wink:

Hi,

Did the SAR contain any application forms?

You could if you knew/know the account number try a s78 request for each account, this should give you a copy/recreation of the claim form which should show if PPI was taken out when applied for.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Thank you the_shadow for your reply.

No the SAR seemed internal computer generated, several accounts with internal codes etc. There where no application forms in the SAR.

Mmm S78, yes could do that as have account numbers now, have you got a bit more info on how to do this (Template, fee's etc) if possible?

Big thank you for your help

Advice & opinions given by Stinkyfeet are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. :wink:

This should take you to the CCA s78 letter, goes with a £1 fee per letter, send them separately and either recorded or signed for.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter.#

S.

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Thank you, am I wrong in thinking they could refuse to send this information due to all these accounts now have been closed / satisfied and paid in full?

Thank you mate

ah right then yes sorry they would probably reply with just that.

You can always complain direct to the bank about the SAR's not being complete, give them details of the extra information you require and give them a timescale to get it to you, two weeks should be enough as they've already had 40 days. State in your complaint letter that you'll complain direct to the ICO if they dont give you the information requested.

S.

Deal with your debts:

if they are saying he did not have PPI

then they have not complied with the SAR surely?

Demand to KNOW what documentation they are relying on, that have failed to send in the SAR, that PROVES he DID NOT have PPI.

if they are saying they have no records so cannot judge then fair comment.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your replies.

So best thing for me to do is to write to them further asking what information they are looking for and why was the SAR incomplete, correct?

Thank you