Costs consequenses if your claim is Multi-tracked?

PhantomReclaimer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise me of the possible costs of losing a claim that is multi-tracked because of it's size. I'm looking at lodging a large claim against Northern Rock but I want to have a rough idea of the financial risks before I decide what to do.

When applying for costs (assuming I loose), what exactly can the bank ask for? Can they only ask for costs to cover the actual time their legal people have spent in Court or can they really go to town and claim for every minute they've been billed by their expensive solicitors and Barristers for work relating to the case? I'm presuming that any case is unlikely to last more than a day so the former may be unpleasant but still a worthwhile risk, the latter could be absolutely runinous.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

PR

My information from a reliable source says that they can ask for anything.

So the bottom line is what have you got you wouldnt want to loose?

House maybe?

Multi track is a very big risk i believe since costs will be awarded to the winning side and if its them and not you, then it could mean financial ruin unless you have very deep pockets.

FWIW I took advice re multi track and decided against it.

I spoke to the listings clerk who spoek to a judge about the entering a claim which was multi track value. They advised that i could revise it at AQ stage should they decide it was multri track.

However, the values for sc/fast/multi track are guidance only. So even if you redue the value the court could decide it was still a multi track case.

I have had two very reliable members, both with a legal background give me advice on this issue, i took the fast track route. Incidentally they both had different views.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA