• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Some advice please Citi Credit - F&F?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 weeks ago recieved letter from cabot saying my citicard debt was now with them and quoting0% interest

i made a repayment offer that was accepted but today they sent another letter stating their 0% interset was a mistake and the interest rate is now 24%!!!

i thought once a debt was sold all interest ceased is this not the case?

any help greatly appreciated

2 weeks ago recieved letter from cabot saying my citicard debt was now with them and quoting0% interest

i made a repayment offer that was accepted but today they sent another letter stating their 0% interset was a mistake and the interest rate is now 24%!!!

i thought once a debt was sold all interest ceased is this not the case?

any help greatly appreciated

I agree, Didnt citicard terminate the alleged agreement. I dont see how they can start charging interest. Unless by you agreeing to pay them you are agreeing to new terms and conditions that they have hidden somewhere.

My Posts exist exclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party.

As such, it is almost certainly protected by litigation privilege.

The legal requirements for claiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute.

Communication between a solicitor, or the client, or a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are for the dominent purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting litigation in prospect: Re: "Highgate Traders Limited (1984)"BCLC 151.

Copyright Information: All information contained in this website , Associated websites, and Forum posts are Copyright "Reclaim The Right Ltd". If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere then please email the administrator for permission.

thxs for your reply citicard terminated the account without notice termination letter arrived with welcome to cabot letter!

on the back of cabot letter are t&c's stating this is a Notice of assignment and they now own tne debt

they also state interest may be accuring in accordance with the terms of the original credit agreement!

As they stated 0% per annum on welcome letter and accepted my offer under these conditions can they now renege ? did i not form some kind of contract with them?

Have also read original credit agreement from 2004 and it doesnt mentioned assigning debt to an outside agency only states interest will be charged for as long as account is open but surely as cabot state they have bought the account from citicard account is now closed and all terms and conditions are now void?

• 2 weeks later...

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I have been getting letters from Cabot telling me to call them

and i have sent the letter to say they need to pass this back to citi as this account is in dispute

but again they ignore it and send me another letter to say call them

and its my last chance,

again i send them the dispute letter and attache the first copy i sent,

and again i receive another letter from them again ignoring my letters

to say this is my last chance to contact them before they move the account to the pre litigation dept.

. what does this mean? What shall i do now?

:???: anyone had the same letters?

Thanks

I would send them one final letter -FORMAL COMPLAINT- If you head a letter as such they have a duty to deal with it. Enclose copies of the letters you have already sent and demand why they have chosen not to reply

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone

I need some advice please.

Cutting a long story short.

I have a Citi Credit card which 3 years ago i couldnt afford to pay.

I CCA'd them and like most they didnt have anything to send me.

Nothing with my signature or address, absolutly nothing.

I stopped paying them and letters went back and forth for about a year.

Every 6 months or so i get letters from Cabot DCA

and i send letters back to say the account is in dispute.

I have now decided its about time i get them out of my hair.

I am in a position to offer them a monthly payment how ever small it may be. Am i doing the right thing?

The debt is just over £4k.

I may be in a position to offer a Full and final settlement,

Do you think if i offer 10% of the debt they are likley to accept it?

If the dont will they still accepted my offer of montly payment?

What im worried about is if they dont accept my 10%

they will wonder why i have not got more of a monthly payment

to offer if you know what i mean.

I dont want to shoot myself in the foot.

Any advice is greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance :-)

look at reclaiming first

send an sar

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

always the OC

see my sig for what to reclaim penalty charges ppi etc etc

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Just another thing before i send off the SAR.

Looking at other posts it looks like Citi financial are not very quick at getting back with these.

The DCA are pushing me to make contact within 72 hours or they will take it furture.

As i have decided i would like to start paying back the debt

I dont want them to take this any furthure then it already has.

Do i need to let Cabot know that i am sending a SAR to citi to stop them taking action?

Thanks

You could start the negotiations on how much you tell them you are going to pay. They won't accept the figure so you then either continue offering the same or up it slightly. This can take some time to do while Citi mess around

Ok great so i have 2 letters now. One for Cabot with a monthly offer and one for citi for my SAR. What if i dont get the SAR from citi? It also looks like citi have been adding interest as when I first asked for my CCA back in 2009 the amount has gone up £600. Anything i can do about this?

Thanks

Hang on. If Cabot have bought the debt, it is them that is adding the interest, not Citi.

If I am correct, you would be asking Cabot wher they have the right to be adding interest

You could be doing that at the same time. Cabot will probably say it's in the terms and conditions you had with Citi. OK, PROVE IT

crabot can say what they like

they are a dca with no powers to d onowt

await the sar.

dx

and they

Im really confused as to what to do. I asked for a CCA 3 years ago. They have not sent it, even though cabot say they have. If i leave this for another 3 years can it be stat barred?

The reason i wanted to start paying is because im worried Cabot will take me to court.

I have been taken to court by another creditor a year ago even though they had nothing on me (debt was over 15 years old)

the case got thrown out but the stress i went though was terrible

(they are still harrasing me now) and i dont want to have to go through that again. :-(

Thanks

If cabot haven't taken you to court in the last 3 years you have to ask yourself, WHY.

I am in the same position. I CCAd them in October 08 and they still haven't supplied it.

CitiFinancial are notoriously bad at keeping paperwork. It's a wonder they haven't been fined for their book-keeping practices

Well, why poke a sleeping dog? If they haven't contacted you, what benefit can be gained by you contacting them?

it'll statute barred 6yrs from YOUR last financial transaction or written ACK.

dx

and they