He used my address Nnw Im being chased for council tax-and prob bad credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there. Im writing this on behalf of a friend as she is soo upset and I have an profile on the consumer forum. Please see if you can help

My friend was a joint manager with another guy of a public house around 2 years ago. She stayed at the premisis 3 nights a week and spent the other nights/days at home. Today when she got home there was a letter for a court summons addressed to the guy she ran the pub with and her name asking her to appear in court. She contacted the council in question and said that thie man has no connction with her. That he does not live at the address, never has never will. The person whom she was talking to brought up the account and said that they sent the letter to him at his address but it was RTS with the forwarding address being hers. How can she prove that this bill is not linked to her and that he's being using ID fraud.

sorry you have had no replies

maybe if you clarify the situation a little it might help

during what period was your friend joint manager with Mr X, is this the same period that the debt related to?

after this period what happened to the pub?

during the period of the debt, was your friend liable for council tax at home? was Mr X liable for council tax at an alternative address?

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Hi. ID6025

This guy is using her personal home address as her is address and he dont live there. never has. Maybe i used the wrong tem when i said ID Fraud. The guy re directed mail that was sent to his address saying that not known at addressnd put her address down. When she spoke to the solocitor who sent her the letter she was advised that Mr XXsid he owned the property she lives in. That is all untrue.

Sorry if I was not being very clear.

My friend ran the pub jointly with mr X for a few months. 3 I believe. She left before he did. She has her own 1st home where she pays council tax. The pub was kinda the second home. On days she could not get back home she would live in.The time she was joint manager was the same time relating to the debt. I'm not sure if Mr X was liable of council tax at another address duing this period.

if both your friend and Mr X had main homes elsewhere and had equal staus in relation to the pub (e.g. joint owners or joint tenants) - then they would be jointly and severally liable for council tax - this would mean that the council can pursue your friend for the council tax

if Mr X's main home was at pub, or he had a greater interest (e.g. he was owner ans your friend was manager) - then he would be solely liable for council tax

i think you need to clarify situation andyour friend needs to explain it to council

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Contact the Council and explain that Mr X was sole resident at pub and that your friend's main residence was at her home address in respect of which she was paying council tax