car total loss need help!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have a citroen c2 57 plate on finance, have a gap policy and comprehensive insurance (sheilas wheels).

before xmas the car suffered faults and to cut a long story short faiuled.

i had to take it to a citroen dealer to get it looked at and theyve stripped the engine at a cost of +£500 to diagnose the fault.

the report said the turbo failed and somehow oil got into the engine and basically because the cylinders cannot compress fluid it caused irreparable damage and hence undriveable.

i contacted the insurance and they claim because its a manufacturers fault its not covered by them and so im stumped as to where i stand.

i want to contact the gap policy holders but if the insurance are claiming its not a "total loss" what will the gap holders say?

furthermore, any idea if because its a "manufacturers fault" that citroen have any responsibility? surely a car that is only 57 plate the turbo shouldn't fail?

any info would be greatly recieved thanks x

The gap policy will only cover the car if it is a write off (crashed) or stolen.

The Insurance covers you for driving on the road and any accidents you may have.

Did you buy the car privatley or from a trader/garage??and when did you buy it??

What is the mileage and what is the service history like??

Ah right so it wouldve been better to have crashed the car? Typical. Through no fault of my own I'm being punished :(

The car was bought from a citroen dealer in 2008. Mileage is only about 40k and in the time I've had it I've not had it serviced as I've literally had no problems until this.

So basically I've now got a car with no engine, on finance, that I can't afford to repair :/

I wouldn't say it was through no fault of your own, the car needs servicing every year as fluids deteriorate over time and 4 years is excessive for not looking after your car, if you had a service history you may have had a chance with the manufactuerer for some goodwill but if you don't look after your car why should someone else.

Agree with BK on this one. Just because the car has had no 'problems', it still requires servicing. If you could of shown that the car has been maintained to the manufacturer's recomendations then as BK says, you may of got some help from Citreon. Your only hope is to contcat them and see what they say. No manufacturer wants a bad reputation these days and I can say that we had a case here recently involving an Alfa 159 which was out of warranty etc but Alfa UK still authorised repairs via a dealer. But as I far as I can remember, the car had full service history.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.