Worried About LLoyds credit card debt and SCM Solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wanted to ask the forum for advice with dealing with my Lloyds credit card debt which is about œ7000.

I have been having problems for quite some time with them.and am several hundred pounds in arrears with card

.I have tried to pay them what I can afford between œ60 and 150 off card each month

.I have received many default notices but up to now I found that as long as I paid them at œ130 a month though they kept sending me threatening letters

at least they for a long time did not progress things any further

and it seemed to stop them escalating to threats of any legal action,

so all that would happen would be that I got yet another default notice the following month

so seemed to be keeping them at bay paying them that amount.

I know that things were far from ideal in the fact that the money I paid them was not clearing debt as they were adding œ24 charges for late and over limit charges each month,

plus of course a credit cards normal high high interest charges So that my debt was never going down and even went up some months in spite of the large payments.

However at times I was just relieved that they were not taking me to court as I did not want to enter into any disputes with them

as they have I suspect an 100 per cent enforceable agreement as it was drawn up post 2007 and also I have a current account with an overdraft with them .

and been a customer of theirs for many years so am trying to avoid to getting into any disputes over credit agreements unfair bank charges or unfair irresponsible lending with them

I suppose I was being an ostrich burying my head in the sand hoping that better times would sometime come around and would eventually be able to chip away at this debt.

However to my horror this month instead of receiving my usual default notice I received a letter from their solicitors SCM solicitors demanding

I pay them the full œ7000 owing on card and threatening that they may commence legal action if I didn't,

They did however say if I could not afford to pay them this sum that I could ring Lloyds to see if I could come to a realistic payment plan with them.

So I rang them though reading many horror stories on here about telephone DCAS and having nasty experience with atelephone DCA in past

I was very reluctant However to my surprise the DCA I spoke to was polite and pleasant but insisted that they send me an income and expenditure sheet before coming to any arrangement with me,

I rang up debt line and also did an online budget planner on their site and told that I only have about œ! surplus .

So should only be offering a non priority creditors like Lloyds TSB just a token œ1 .

I cannot imagine Lloyds accepting such a low amount from me for an this debt and terrified when they see my budget sheet especially if I try to stick to debt lines suggestion of a œ1 a month that they will haul me into court especially as I am a home owner

.So really worried about what I should offer Lloyds and what will happen if they issue me take me with a court summons if they not happy with token payment

Edited by citizenB
increased font size for easier reading

I wanted to ask the forum for advice with dealing with my Lloyds credit card debt which is about £7000 I have been having problems for quite some time with them.and am several hundred pounds in arrears with card

Edited by worried sick18

firstly

dont worry about these fake/tame solicitors - they have no legal powers

ignore the threat-o-grams

noe you say you have lots of penalty £12 fees

you can reclaim THEM ALL

as for the default notices

i suspect these are not DN's but markers - big diff.

have you got all the statements?

if not sar lloyds and get them all

as for the threats etc

pay what you can by your internet banking site

say £10?

dont worry its lower than what they want

it's YOUR monry, not for them to dictate what you pay.

just pay 'something' on a regular montly basis

till we get the sar back

dx

oh and stay off the phone too

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

SCM Solicitors are one of Lloyds In-house Debt Collection Solcitors. Don't worry about them.

Check whether you just have Markers on Your Credit File or have received a Default Notice and Termination Notice in the post.

If you have received both Notices, then they cannot add any charges at all (regardless of the amount) to your debt as there is no agreement for them to do so (THEY TERMINATED IT).

Claim them all back. I used MCOL and they defended but paid out before it got to court. They know they will lose in court.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your responses and now update you on progress,However it is mixed news now both good and bad!I did do a I and E sheet and sent it back to scm with a payment installment offer.It is still quite a bit more than what debtline advised and probably a lot more than I should be offering but at least it is a lot less than the £130 to a £150 I was paying them and was making me fall behind with priority debts

I did get a letter from another organization last week called MHA collections who informed me that Lloyds had accepted my offer and that Lloyds would write to me confirming the arrangement and telling me what was going to happen in 8 days

I also asked them to freeze interest rates as I would never clear debt or have any hope of improving my financial problemsHowever though I was initially very pleased and relieved that Lloyds had accepted my offer and as looking forward to them confirming it all properly in writing and giving me instruction as to whether I had to pay the money into a new account or whether I would continue paying it into my card account and confirmation they would be freezing interest ,I still have not heard anything and it has been over eight days since date I received communication from M H A collections

I can also confirm that I have received a proper default notice! I must admit I am rather worried about going down the road of reclaiming charges as I don't know a lot about this and am not very brilliant at maths ! plus I was hoping that if Lloyd was reasonable and stopped interest that it would balance things up and did not really want Lloyds closing my current account and calling overdraft in which may happen if did try to reclaim charges as I heard that banks can get vindictive when people try to get their charges back

Edited by worried sick18

I suppose I should write to Lloyds again asking them again to confirm they will freeze interest rates before I make any more payments to them as it is like throwing money down the toilet if I pay them and they still increase my debt every month.If they will not cooperate then I suppose I should consider going down the unfair charges road

Edited by worried sick18

We have spread sheets that automatically calculate hte figures you enter - so dont worry about "maths". We also have quite a few guys who can help :)

You might need to add an extra carriage return in your posts in order to get the spacing issue resolved :)

You will not be able to reclaim any charges that have been applied to your current account - only those applied to your Credit card or any loans you might have.

You will of course require the statements and will need to send a Subject Access request in order to obtain those. You will find a draft letter in the CAG library, which is linked at the top of each screen.

Do you know if there was any Payment protection Insurance applied to your loan ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

banks are NOT allowed to take retailitory action against you for reclaiming

the process is very easy

you dont need to do any maths thans to ims21's spreadsheets.

right lets get your ducks inline

who are you currently paying?

and do you have all your statements?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks citB and dx for your help .

I suppose I will need to bite the bullet and do an SAR on them.,

Thanks for reassurance about help on CAG about working it all out.

I see lots of other people been successful !

So why shouldn't I !

I was hoping that Lloyds would be reasonable but they seem to be one of the worse banks for helping people with problems going by my experiences

and other caggers experiences

If they had been cooperative and frozen interest rates I would have called it quits and not gone down SAR and charges road

but if I don't I now can see they are going to walk all over me and will increase their debt to very frightening levels.

No I did not have PPI so can not claim that!

Right will do a sar request !

to be honest

i would write to lloyds offering a goodwill payment of £10PCM

for the next xx months, with a review in 6mts

and as a return goodwill would they please freeze interrest and refrain from levying unlawful PENALTY charges

dx

and they

Will still have to contact SCM to try and see if they will freeze interest rates and ask them what happened to my written confirmation of what is going to happen to my account which they assured me Lloyds would be sending me, I don't want to start my payment agreement until they can tell me what is happening to interest charges etc I assume this organization M H A collections will be taking my payments when I start making them

ok look

you dont offer anything you TELL THEM.

and for get SCM

no DCA nor their tame/fake solicitors have ANY LEGAL POWERS

deal with lloyds direct

use the bits in post 15

TELL THEM not OFFER

£10 will do

you must take control

not let them dictate

dx

and they

I often advise using the deduction method when telling them how much you will be paying them.

You've started at a very generous offer already, so when they refuse it drop it by 50%, and offer £20, when they refuse that drop it by 50% and offer them £10, then £5, all the way down to the token payment of £1.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a big thanks to everyone who been helping me on this thread!

and an update!

Great news!

I was getting very worried as I kept getting letters phone calls from scm other Lloyds collection dept's MHA collections etc

and assumed they were hassling me to try and frighten me into parting with more money that I could not afford

How ever when I contacted them to ask why they were still sending letters phone calls and asking me for budget sheets to me

after I had already been told that they had accepted my offer

I was amazed when I agreed to go over my budget over phone with them and talk about circumstances on condition

I was sent a written communication of what was discussed on phone call

in the end I got a very nice human DCA who went over budget with me and she told me that what I was offering was to much

and she seemed very concerned that my budget had not included things such as house and vehicle maintenance special occasions

such as birthday Christmas or leisure or holidays and that two adult people one of them a smoker who could not give up

could not possibly manage on the amount I had set aside for housekeeping

.Also she was concerned that we will be facing a shortfall in our mortgage next year.

and said that she could see we were having genuine difficulties and the concern was that I had been offering too much

and that there was no there way I could manage and the payment was not realistic because i was offering to much,

So she said that for moment she would be happy to accept token payments of a £1 a month which was what debt line had told me to offer originally

So that is a relief as I thought going by some of the horror stories on forum that there would be no way they would accept just a £1 a month

now get reclaiming!

i'd sTRONGLY advise though NEVER EVER talk on the phone regarding your debts to ANYONE

and NO_ONE has any legal right to know aNY of your pers financial details

only a JUDGE can demand that.

dx

and they

sorry i not formatted this post very well.Can not seem to get hang of editiing spaces and gap. Computers not my strong point!

sorry

type you reply in NOTEPAD not word

then copy and paste if its a long one!

dx

and they