Car abandoned in residental car park

Lucifa42
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm hoping for some assistance.

There is a car that has been effectively abandoned in our residential car park, that serves around 8-10 properties.

It's been there now for what must be around 2 years and takes up a valuable space in a busy car park.

The car has not been moved in all that time, all the tyres are flat and it's starting to rust. It's tax has obviously run out but I have checked with the DVLA and it's been declared SORN.

I believe the owners of the car used to live in one of the properties that use the car park but have since moved away (I remember them moving the car about 3 years ago).

I tried submitting it as an abandoned car to the local council but after sticking a notice on the car they later said they couldn't do anything as the car had 'been claimed' by the owner even though they know no longer live here.

Any ideas?

Apologies for the formatting in my posts, I do put paragraphs in but the forum removes them for some reason :(

Do you have a management company taking care of the building/ car park area? If so, I would approach them with a view to checking that it isn't owned by a current resident. If that is the case, they should then be able to arrange for a tow truck to remove it from the private carpark to the public highway. then you can report it to the council again as an abandoned vehicle on the public highway. You might have to contribute to the tow truck fee as clearly they are not going to be able to make their money from the owner, but it sounds like that would be worth it to the residents collectively.

You could get the management co to 'purchase' the details of the RK form the DVLA and the write to him/her to give them 7 days to remove the car otherwise it will be removed. Alternatively the management co could put a announcement in the local rag's legal notices giving the details of the car stating the same.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Sadly no management company, the 8-10 properties are a row of maisonettes with the car park behind them.

Apologies for the formatting in my posts, I do put paragraphs in but the forum removes them for some reason :(

Sadly no management company, the 8-10 properties are a row of maisonettes with the car park behind them.

well you need to get together then and decide who amongst you is going to deal with the matter. The other soliution is to get a solicitor to write to the DVLA to get the RKs details and then write to the RK. Obviously this will cost a little but if you all chip in, that shouldn't be an issue. In the meantime, I would put a notice in the local rag with a description of the car giving notice that it will be disposed of 14 days following the date of publication if it remains in place after that time. A similar notice should be attached to the car in a plastic bag (sandwich bag is ideal).

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.