moores

URGENT HELP PLEASE? - CSA Liability Order/Bank Account Frozen

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3004 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello People,

Your help would be greatly appreciated and is URGENTLY needed.

I recently found out my only bank account has been frozen using an Interim Thrid Part Debt Order obtained by the CSA. The relates to a liability order I know nothing about and had no notice or summons provided to me until I got a letter from my bank.

I am currently not working and or not claiming any benefits since I was banned for driving under the New Drivers Act for not completing a £60 speeding fine. I have been writing for nearly a year to the CSA trying to get them to correct their assessment with no avail; they are an absolute waste of time and I cant even access a penny of my money I was living off left to me by my late grandfather who sadly passed away.

I have a final hearing on the 28th February were they are basically going to rob every penny of my money. I have been told numerous times by CSA representatives that if you are living off savings with no income they make a 'Nil' assessment. I have made a complaint to the CEO of the CSA, however I worry that this is going to be too late.

Is there any other means to my disposal to help me access my money? I cant even get a solicitor to help me; its not that I am being non-compliant and am happy to provide for my child. But if the UK government removes my licence for such a stupid reason when there are drivers who have not been banned with 32 points on there licence what do they expect? Is there anyway to have this Liability Order set aside?

Best wishes

Dan :mad2:

Sorry to tell u, but it's too late to have the LO set aside. The court would have been satisfied that they sent the warning and summons to what the court describes as a 'confident address'.

Basically i would find out 1) y they didn't accept ur change in circumstances; 2) what dates the LO covers and the amount.

If u can find that they've not acted on ur coc request then u may b able to have it done retrospectively. But if u didn't provide the info/documents they needed to assess u then u would have run out of time and the coc will have been rejected.

If its the latter then u'll have no choice but to pay.

They won't 'unfreeze' ur account until the LO is paid.

Either way I'd make sure they have a current assessment in place for u!

Good luck.

SAFU

whats happened since have you managed to get anything sorted ?