Total Parking solutions Parking in a disabled bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, so i parked in a disabled bay one lovely day when it was absoloutely chucking down with rain and i had my 9 month old daughter with me. There was 1 mother and baby parking space left, I went to take it, and somebody jumped in front of me and parked in it, to my dismay a single man got out with NO kids and casually strolled off. There was about 20 free disabled bays left so i took one of those as any other free space was quite a walk away and my already ill daughter wouldnt of appreciated getting soaked. My mum went into the tesco store and asked somebody if it would be ok to park there and they said yes thats fine.

To my shock, about 6 weeks after parking in this bay i get a letter adressed to me (wrong house number on it though :/) stating they put a notice on my car, and seeing as i ignored this £30 charge its now £60 and if i dont pay within 10 days i will be made to pay £100.

I email an appeal stating what i just said, and they send me photos of my car with said notice on. I replied this was NOT on my car when i got back to it and i'd like CCTV to show i took it off before paying.

anyone know my rights regarding this as 100% honestly the notice was not on my car when i got back to it otherwise i would of complained to the branch? I wouldnt mind paying the £30 fine but £60 is a bit steep for me

its an invoice dont need to pay a penny, just ignore them as soon as theyr ealise your not going to pay they will move on to another poor soul. You may get a few letters threatening this and that but it will soon die off. So you dont have to pay, its unenforceable in law, they wont go near a court room with it. If you get anymore correspondence come back on here and we will sort it for you so in short ITs a speculative invoice IT IS NOT A FINE, you dont need to pay it.

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Firstly, moral issues aside, disabled bays on private land have no legal meaning. Secondly, their redress from you is limited to the actual losses suffered by the landowner as a result of you parking there. This, in a free car park, is zero. So do not pay them anything, and ignore all the threatening letters they and their Debt Collector friends send to you. Come back here if you need reassurance at any point. As padja says, eventually they will give up and move on to someone else.