Guarantor for an FLM Loan

EllyPS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I hope someone can give me a little advice here!

My husband took out an FLM loan in Sept 2010 and my sister agreed to act as Guarantor. My husband has left me and the FLM loan currently stands at about £4,500 - he is refusing to pay it even though he knows that FLM will take the money from my sister's debit/credit card or by any other means.

Is there anything I can do to stop my sister having to pay this money - I can't afford to make the payments as he has left me with so many other debts I am struggling to make ends meet & am just managing to keep a roof over my head and feed my son.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you

Flm are the worst kind to deal with ...see my posts ..

It will be up to your sister to decide what to do ...she will get alot of texts and calls and if she has a card registered with them they will take the money out of her account regardless....she would do well to cancel the card and pay in another way either vis pay link or standing order that way she will be in control and not get a shock when they have taken all her money!!!

do not speak to them on the phone they are rude and obnoxious to say the least ....keep everything in writing and keep a copy of all texts and dates of calls just make sure your sister is aware that they will harrass her and that under no circumstances should she speak on the phone or call them ....

Seems like FLM are on a roll atm as more and more post are popping up if you change your heading with flm in it others having probs will be more inclined to have a read and advise .

Good luck

Spots1

Hi, I've changed the heading..

Unfortunately being guarantor means just that and the loan company will come after who ever they can get their money off of easiest.. does your ex have any property/goods.

Do they already have your sisters card/account details?

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Hi

Sadly, my ex has nothing but has apparently started a job yesterday so should be in a position to pay FLM now. My sister has given them her debit and credit card details and she has set up a DD. I have asked her to cancel the cards and call her bank to cancel the DD but she doesn't want to do that as Citizens Advice have told her that FLM will take her to court for the money and add on 3% per day while the loan is not being paid. It is getting pretty scary now as next payment is due on 1 March!!

Hi

Just thought isn't there anything legal that says they have to revert back tot he original borrower once they are in a position to make repayments rather than chase the guarantor for payment?

Thanks