• Tweets

• I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Mobile Money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

A mutual friend of mine & my husband (who is now my estranged husband) kindly bought a car for my husband to set up a taxi business on 1st Nov 2011. There was no business partnership, just a verbal agreement between the 3 of us that my husband would start to repay £50 per week from 2nd week in Nov to compensate our friend for loss of interest for withdrawing money from his savings account. We also agreed that from January 2012 we would start to set aside larger sums of money so that by then end of the first 12 months of the taxi business my husband would be able to repay our friend all of the money he paid for the vehicle plus the set up costs he also loaned him.

My husband left our family home on 1st Dec but continued to run his taxi business. He never paid a penny back to our friend although it was agreed that he should have been paying £50 per week. On Christmas Eve my husband was arrested on an assault charge & our friend took his car back only to discover that my husband had taken a loan against the vehicle with Mobile Money.

The issues are - my husband was not the legal owner of the car although he was the registered keeper but the V5 clearly states that it is not proof of ownership, Mobile Money state on their website that you must be the legal owner of the vehicle but they accept the V5 as proof. Mobile Money state that you need to show proof of income, my husband signed for this loan on 29th Nov - he would not have had any proof of income at that stage. The CA and BOS are signed by the same person - an employee of Mobile Money, also they show different figures for monthly repayments.

Can my friend argue that the BoS is invalid to protect his vehicle - it's locked away at the moment as he is afraid to use it in case MM turn up to take it away.

Thanks

As per my response to your other post:

To answer your question, even though the purchase of the car was through a friend, the legality of who owns the car would be your husband (Unless a contractual agreement was signed prior to the car being bought). You friend under the data protection act, wouldn't be able to discuss anything with regards to the mobile money account with mobile money, as the loan lays with your husband and so couldn't even challenge the BOS as that is also in your husbands name.

Now depending on when your husband took out the loan with Mobile Money, the DVLA have recently issued and still in the process of issuing new V5 documents, which if the original V5 document is green and being held by mobile money, then the V5 is invalid and can no longer be used.

Now if your friend has proof that he is the legal owner, then the BOS and Credit Agreement do become invalid, as the money would be classed as fraudulently obtained by your husband. Valid proof would be a BOS from the place the car was bought, with your friends signature as ownership on the BOS and valid receipts of money to the amount of the car going from your friends account IE: Credit Card Transaction. With these and a good solicitor, it can then be argued that the money was obtained fraudulently and that though your husband is on the V5, the ownership belongs to some else.

Without anything as valid proof and I hate to be blunt, but your friend would be up a creek without a paddle and it would be down to your husband to either pay off the loan or contest the BOS.

Hi I have to say I have been through all this.

I have had a satisfatory result to my case.

Is your husband willing to help you?

I will send you the link to my Thread as soon as I have concluded it today.

In the mean time keep the car hid preferably in a locked garage MM will definitly come for it and when your husband borrowed the money he would have had to give 3 references of people who MM could contact if the payments are not made.

It is a very difficult case to prove that a company such as MM otherwise known as Log Book Loans have done anything wrong if your husband was the registered keeper and had all the documents in his name.

My advice would be to get the owner of the car along with proof of purchase to go at 9am to your local county court and apply for an emergency court order to prevent MM from repocessing the car until you have made further enquiries. But as previously stated he will need to prove that he is the LEGAL Owner, with bill of sale and proof of were the money came from.

I got an order on the day although it cost £175.00 mine was to prevent MM from selling my car (Different Story)

If you are in contact with your husband and the car is registered at your home, I suggest he applies for a new log book V5 and get your friend to register the car in his name, he will have to explain to the DVLA if he wants to avoid another keeper on his car. The debt will follow the car no matter what until you get to court but you should be able to use the car without it being taken if the court listens to your EMERGENCY case. (GET THERE EARLY)

i recieved lots of help here and my case was similar i will post link soon and hope it helps

Hi

Thank you for all this advice.

Good News! Yesterday my friend received a call from the operations director at Mobile Money to say they will no longer be pursuing the car and will return the V5 and MOT to him!! Apparently they will directly pursue my estranged husband for HIS debt, I have had an email confirming this. Let's see if they are true to their word!

Thanks again!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
:sad: HELLO AM NEW TO THIS FORUM WONDER IF I COULD GET SOME ADVICE,I AM A MOBILE MONEY LOGBOOK LOAN CUSTOMER,I HAVE SOME SERIOUS THREATS HARRASSMENT,OUT OF HOURS IE 11.30PM ,3.30AM 4.00AM BANGING AND YELLING DEMANDING MONIES OR THE CAR,DESPITE MY REQUEST FOR REDUCED PAYMENTS AS SERIOUS FINANCIAL CRISIS ,AFTER ALL THAT I WENT TO A SOLICITOR FOR HELP THAT FAILED AS MOBILE MONEY IN LONDON FAILED TO COMPLY AND CARRIED HARRASSING ME AND THREATENING ME,ITS GOT TO A STAGE THEY SENT A BAILIFF OUT WHO HAS NOT ONLY EXHIBITED MY PERSONNEL DETAILS TO THE NEIGHBOURHOOD AND ALSO TOLD THE NEIGHBOURS I OWE 3000 POUNDS AND HE WANTS MY CAR I BELIEVE THIS IS BREACH OF DATA PROTECTION AND THE THEY ARE CLAIMING ITS NOT. I CANNOT EVEN STEP OUT OF MY FRONT DOOR WITHOUT NEIGHBOURS ASKING ME HOW MUCH DID I BORROW AND WHY I HAVENT PAID THEM HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!! REALLY APPRECIATE AN EARLY RESPONSE THANK YOU

Hello can someone please advice me if an unregistered baillif sent to can actually disclose my personnel details to my neighbours and the claim no its a data protection breach as the bailiiff claims the court has given them guidelines and he can do the law does allow them to do that please can someone advice please much appreciated.i have madeenquries and i have been advised its criminal please advice on DATA PROTECTION AND DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER .thank you

Hello can someone please advice me if an unregistered baillif sent to can actually disclose my personnel details to my neighbours and the claim no its a data protection breach as the bailiiff claims the court has given them guidelines and he can do the law does allow them to do that please can someone advice please much appreciated.i have madeenquries and i have been advised its criminal please advice on DATA PROTECTION AND DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER .thank you

Tinsel

You should first of all approach the lender for an answer, before you get carried away, I should know.

Last time I got a nice payoff/discount due to LogBook Loans tactics

Hi thank you for your advice,i had raised a complaint to a David Nicholls i got a response from the director who replied that he could not uphold ,my complaint ,so i responded to him with detailed incidents with the bailiff and my neighbours and residents,ask him to re- investigate which the company director has confirmed he will do so.

no one has any idea how am having to face residents everytime i step out of my house ,enquiring and questioning why the bailiff from mobile money is discussing my personnel details and exhibiting copies of my photo ID ,bailiff has made me look like a criminal.i just want the whole issue to be dealt in an amicable manner,not only thatthe bailiff also advised me of how the london branch manager does not follow the company procedure and the tactics that are used are illegal,and still they carry on bullying victimise and harrass vulnerable customers,i just hope the director is honest enough to see that wrong has been done to me and others if there is someone else. thank you i will update you once i have a response.

• 2 months later...
Hi thank you for your advice,i had raised a complaint to a David Nicholls i got a response from the director who replied that he could not uphold ,my complaint ,so i responded to him with detailed incidents with the bailiff and my neighbours and residents,ask him to re- investigate which the company director has confirmed he will do so.

no one has any idea how am having to face residents everytime i step out of my house ,enquiring and questioning why the bailiff from mobile money is discussing my personnel details and exhibiting copies of my photo ID ,bailiff has made me look like a criminal.i just want the whole issue to be dealt in an amicable manner,not only thatthe bailiff also advised me of how the london branch manager does not follow the company procedure and the tactics that are used are illegal,and still they carry on bullying victimise and harrass vulnerable customers,i just hope the director is honest enough to see that wrong has been done to me and others if there is someone else. thank you i will update you once i have a response.

What was the outcome here?

And remember, they are not bailiffs, just a bully boy vehicle removal firm employed by MM to intimidate you.

Try googling "Denial of Access Rights" for some template letters. But i doubt that it would work. Simon Furnival (owner), Mobile Money and their inbred staff think they are above the law and couldnt care less how they treat their customers. I know, I went through it all with them, and once they realised I was playing them for fools, they backed off and left me alone.

Hide your car and have a good nights sleep, and if pinky and perky turn up at ungodly hours, record them on your mobile phone and LET THEM KNOW YOU'RE RECORDING THEM TOO.

UKD!

Hi Thank you

Well Simon furnival sent a respone to me with his findings. He has admitted that the reps were not bailiffs and that also apologised and confirmed that the reps would not be given copies of the agreement or any data and apologises for the inconvnience and then thanked me for bringinig it to his attention and also stated that the response sent to me would be his final response to my complaint about the data protection breach and that would await the ombudsman decision which we are,as for the damages and the humiliation for exhibiting my documents and the agreement copies all i get is an apology ,Simon has no idea what i have suffered and still suffering,i awaitthe response from the ombudsman and theni will take further for defamation of character n the data protection breach. will update you as soon as i get a response. tinsel31

Hi Thank you

Well Simon furnival sent a respone to me with his findings. He has admitted that the reps were not bailiffs and that also apologised and confirmed that the reps would not be given copies of the agreement or any data and apologises for the inconvnience and then thanked me for bringinig it to his attention and also stated that the response sent to me would be his final response to my complaint about the data protection breach and that would await the ombudsman decision which we are,as for the damages and the humiliation for exhibiting my documents and the agreement copies all i get is an apology ,Simon has no idea what i have suffered and still suffering,i awaitthe response from the ombudsman and theni will take further for defamation of character n the data protection breach. will update you as soon as i get a response. tinsel31

Simon Furnival couldnt, and wont care less what the ombudsman's decision is.

We had a court order against Mobile Money ORDERING them to remove a clamp they had put on my car. They had until 3pm on the day to remove it, and they totally ignored the court order. Luckily a samaritan removed the clamp when nobody was watching (ive heard they got £80 for it on eBay too :-) )

Just be careful about this bunch of inbreds. They care not about anything apart from getting money from you. If it means breaking the law, in their eyes...... so be it.

UKD.

Thanx Hun will do i have a solicitor involved and until the ombudsman make a decision they have suspended possesion of my vehicle on the grounds that i pay 10.00 a week towards my debt,which is difficult at present but as simon put it in writing to myself solicitor n the ombudsman i still doubt his confirmation ,