IQOR - Sent me a love letter lol

nohope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

From what i've read there just full of hot air but wanted to check just in case.

DWP kept sending me letters towards the end of last year about a debt owed to them. I sent letters back to find out what it was and where its come from seeing as i've had nothing to do with them for over 3 years now.

Apparently its to do with a social fund loan i had in the year dot thats outstanding. I remember having one many years ago which was paid of long before i even stopped getting JSA.

I sent them a letter about 3 weeks ago asking for a copy of the agreement i would have signed to get the loan and all payments that they would have had, if they had any.

Today i get a love letter from iqor saying they are collecting on behalf of dwp for the sum of £218.04 and if i dont pay them they MAY do lots of really nasty stuff to me and if i'm lucky there doorstep collectors will call at my home, guess i'l need to put new batterys in my doorbell otherwise i mite miss them...

I'm not disputing the money that may or may not be owed as its possible i spose that dwp made an error and there mite be something left of it in which case i'l pay it.

As i asked them for the original paperwork which they have not supplied, does this mean its just going to be something left on a file somewhere that they cant find the paperwork for cos its in a lock up under tonns of other paperwork so rather that trace it and see if it has actually been paid there just going to assume its not been paid and hope i dont question it and just pay up?

I do like the iqor letter though, i could'nt come up with jokes like theres even if i was paid,

our actions will continue regardless of weather you actually read this notice or not - if i dont read it then i wouldnt no, would i.

domiciled jurisdiction? - i thought that was a dinosaur or something..

attachment of earnings direct from a current or future employer - if they can get if from a future employer then they must let me no who it is so i can apply for a job there now while i'm a bit quiet on the self employed front lol, they must have a time machine.

Wonder if they will let me borrow there time machine to see what the lotto numbers are next saturday, i'd pay them what they wanted then and even bung them a fiver for the use of the time machine..

So is this just there usual please pay us or we'l do nothing at all?

If there is a clear period of six years where no payment or written acknowledgement of the debt was made it would be statute Barred & no enforcement action can be taken although the DWP can deduct any amount owing from future benefits.

You could send the DWP a SAR which is free to see exactly where you stand with this alleged debt.

Hi, Iqor sent me a letter today re a missing payment.I forgot to pay them last month as I am supposed to pay them £5 a month for a Littlewoods account for a debt of £166.58,Have they nothing better to do? and has anyone had dealings with DML? (Debt Managers Ltd) they keep saying payments are not being made when I know for a fact they are

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Are iqor even worth dealing with as i've had dealings with them a few years back over something that was SB and they were full of threats and wind but in the end they vanished and never wrote to me again untill this dwp thing..

might be a bit thick but what is a statute ( think thaats right) sorry new to all this

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

tyvm for reply

Idiot Iqor I call them, and I have found them to be as thick as two short planks.

Their letters are spat out by a computer, they have no idea who or what the letters say or were they are going until you stick your head above the parapet and do their dirty work for them.

Nothing more than an irritant IMO, I like nothing better than to bait these fools on the phone.. But I don't recommend speaking to them over the phone EVER unless you are confident you can run rings round them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I've plaid with them before and got them stuck in a rutt so not bothered if i speak to them as i can spew out as much c**p as they can.

Just wanted to make sure that even though its a dwp dept they still cant do anything and its likely to just be another uneforceable debt that they would have bought for 2p and now expecting to get a lot more for it.

I'm surprised the letter i got didn't have the 50% reduction if i contact them now on it but guess that will be the next letter i get...

Got a phone call from them this morning. They are so thick i don't no how they can manage to eat let alone operate a phone lol

They started of saying they were phoning on behalf of WP,

I asked who the hell are they,

they went on to say its DP, again, who, they finally got it write and said ringing on behalf of DWP:whoo: third time lucky.

Then they went on to ask me my first line of my address and post code for security to which i replied, for security perposes i'm not telling you anything, THANK YOU she said, and hung up.

They didnt even bother to say they were iqor but i no there number so new it was them before i answered.

• 4 weeks later...

DML have sent me a letter saying they are going to send doorstep collectors to me or I can pay them the £900+ they say is owing and the matter will be closed1 Lol if I had that sort of money I would be happy,we get £67 a week JSA.

Just to note, Crown debts, ie to the DWP, HMRC etc are NEVER statute-barred. Obviously you need to discover if you do actually owe the money, but if you do, the six year rule will not apply.

Your comment is a bit like the 'Curates Egg' good in parts.

A debt to the DWP can be treated exactly the same as any other except they can recover any monies owing from future benefits payments. After six years they cannot take any enforcement action through the courts.