please help me with ruthbridge

louise79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i am going to try to keep this as brief as possible as its quite a long story.

back in 1998 i had a barclays bank account - at the time i wasnt working,

i was owed some money from a friend who paid me by cheque of £1000 which i paid in to my bank.

barclays cleared this cheque, but it bounced, by then i had already spent the money. thus i was left with a debt of £1000.

i found a job and phoned barclays to try and repay this debt but was told that they couldnt find any record of it on there system.

i didnt hear anymore about this matter until the begining of 2011 when cabot sent me a letter requesting repayment.

as i still have an account with barclays i spoke to the cashier at my local branch who told me that they dont deal with outside collection companies

and that she couldnt find any record of it.

i phoned cabot and explained to them what barclays had said and didnt hear anymore from them.

just before christmas i recieved a tracing letter from ruthbridge which i ignored.

i then recieved another letter from them after christmas basically saying phone them so we can come to an amicable repayment plan, which i also ignored.

i have now just recieved a third letter from them saying that to resolve the situation they would be prepared to offer a discount of up to 50% the debt is now £1225.

they also say that if i dont contact them they may send doorstep collection agents.

After reading some of the other threads on here i understand that this debt is statute barred is this correct?

on the letter it is stated as a loan would it count as a loan as i have never signed a loan agreement?

i really need some advice on what to do next as im terrified they will send bailiffs round please help!

Thread moved

Sounds very much SB to me.

They will not send bailiffs round...to do that they will need to go to court, win and for you not to pay. That isn't going to happen on an SB debt.

If you are sure you haven't made a payment or acknowledged the debt in writing in a clear space of 6 years (5 in Scotland) then it is SB.

ims

discount letter

statute barred by far

totally ignore them!!

they have NO legal powers

they or any doorstepper ARE NOT bailiffs in anyway shape or form

they are trying to spoof you into paying a debt

THAT DOES NOT EXIST.

if a pwerless doorstepper does turn up [which they rarely do - just tell them to leave

and call the police.

but above all - ignore everything inc the phone

NEVER EVER discuss your debts on the phone - to ANYONE!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well I wouldn't worry about Bailiffs they will NOT be coming in the slightest.

They have as much right to visit your property as the milkman does and in fact Milkman probably has more right to visit as he is actually delivering something you requested.

Look again at the letter its MIGHT, MAY, etc......they are using scare tactics to get you to ring them,

because once you ring them they know they have a live one and will crank up the threat-o-grams. So never ring them ever.

You could send the Prove it letter, also the Revoking of right of access letter, the statute barred letter,

but this might just encourage them to write more, I would keep the letters and ignore.

If they had any power to enforce the debt they certainly wouldn't be offering a 50% reduction.

What they do is buy the debt for a tiny sum of money and then try to get you to pay full amount,

so if you ignore they offer you a 'generous' offer of 50% reduction so £1225 becomes £600 approx yet

they probably bought debt for £100 (or less) yet even with 50% reduction they make £500 off you for an unenforceable debt.

I would sit tight and ignore they will get bored soon enough, and NO BAILIFFS WILL come out.

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

If you do want to reply to them, then you can always send them the SB letter, alternatively I would ignore them, as corresponding with these idiots only encourages them and they seem to think people are somehow frightened of their empty threat letters, file them all under ignore, and laugh at any muppet who comes begging at your door for money.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Agreed If this has got to Ruthbridge it

will be SB they seem to be chasing a raft

of lemons at the moment.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: