• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Paragon PPI Claim... help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

morning all, not the first time i have used the forums but i lost my original username

Basically after witnessing some success via my mother i have decided to finally take the bull by the horns and go after the loan, CC and mortgage companies where i was mis sold PPI.

I fired off a batch of letter last week and the responses are coming in.

The first one of concern is from Paragon.

The loan was taken out online or over the phone via an organisation called the Funding Network who have since folded according to the reply from Paragon, not sure what their point is on that as I am 99% sure that the protection element of the loan was still provided by Paragon.

They have stated that because the loan was completed before 14/1/05 and because the sale of insurance was not regulated by the FSA that i should contact CAB to obtain further advice.

In addition they have stated that I can consider this their final response on the matter...

Is this true all true or are they chancing their arm here?

Not noticed anyone in here or in the media have had a refund from paragon over ppi" and yes paragon know only too well about the regulation as the rip off company this is what they are:-x..paragreed was not reglated at the time of any rip off cover we all might have had,The only way anyone might get a refund now is ( court action) this is my next step.after sending them a last letter before action.

I might be wrong.but unfair as it might sound.the company get away with it,

today I am on a mission,

quick question,

PPI taken out prior to Jan 2005.

. can I still claim as I have been informed by two loan companies that due to the process not being regulated prior to that date PPI taken out is not repayable...

Two companies in question are Paragon and HFC (Endeavour)

(My paragon PPI was taken out via Aviva)

Thanks

:)

This is not the case

Claim it back - all of it.

By the way, if they told you that in writing, we would like to see the letter

Hi, please find attached the letter, let me know what you think...

(I have taken off my address, reference and some scribbles)

Also is there a template in order for me to fire my next letter to them with the correct "im up for a fight" text?

Thanks

paragon.jpg

Hi

Did you prepare a spreadsheet showing the amount you are claiming back and did you send a completed fos questionnaire?

If not then I would suggest you re-open these and do so...it helps them to see that you know what you are on about.

Do you have your agreements and statements?

ims

Hi,

I have received two letters from two providers who state that as my ppi was taken out prior to Jan 14th 2005 I cannot claim as the regulation by the FSA was not in place at the time.

I disagree with this, to add insult to injury the original brokers have now gone titsup.com

Is there a template where I can make a threat regarding this, i have the account numbers and premiums paid already, just need a strongly worded letter.

thanks

dan

that would have been a worthwhile £9 bet !

yep and HFC/Endeavour

I am considering using a ppi company that i have found that charge only 10% as these guys seem like a pain in the arse!!

Working on Northern Cock for loan and mortgage, Natwest, Egg and MBNA myself though

Someone will tell you on here:?:also I know all the companies look on this website and check up on comments & ppi matters,

I sent my reply on the grounds of the misrepresentation act and the limitations act when we first became aware of it in 2012 also on the grounds of them putting the insurance on without our permission as on my agreement with them the ppi was not ticked and the company had placed it on small print,

Also last week found this...

Although the GISC code did not include many of the more detailed provisions now found in ICOBS, the FSA is satisfied that its general principles are sufficiently similar to those in the Handbook.

Sections in the final amended DISP text that have been given the status of "evidential provisions" will, however, only apply as guidance to complaints about pre-2005 sales (DISP App 3.10). Guidance is illustrative, but not binding, whereas compliance with an evidential provision will be taken as evidence that the firm has complied with FSA requirements.

For non-GISC sales (which would be outside the scope of DISP), complainants have to rely on common law principles, such as negligence or (where the broker was acting as agent of the insurer) the duty of utmost good faith or the general law on misrepresentation

I am going for negligence and like I said the misrepresentation going to have my day with them.

pp"did you look on your agreement with them? and did you tick the insurance box on the top left hand side of the agreement?

Two threads merged

Please keep to one thread per issue.

Please answer the questions in post #6 above.

There is no need to use a fee paying claim company....they will do less than you can do yourself.

Unstructured letter tennis will get you nowhere as they will think you easily fobbed off.

Lets get the ducks in line and do it properly.

Yes Paragon can be tricky to crack so you'll need some determination with them. HFC should roll over fairly easily though

ims

Hi

I do not have agreements or statements however I have had confirmation from both that ppi was taken and the amount it costs so there is an admission from them albeit verbally

Well there is an admission that PPI was put on the accounts but not that it was mis-sold.

First thing to do is SAR each lender to get as much information as you can. Template for SAR is in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG in green. Cost is £10 and they will have 40 days to comply.

From the information that comes back you should be able to prepare a claim schedule for submission to each lender. ALo pop along to the fos website and download the Consumer Questionnaire ready for completion. You will need one for each account.

ims