Blackhorse car finance and VS - Mackenzie hall chasing

jobmid
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok I got a car finance agreement with Blackhorse. I have been out of work for a year and been on half payments for 9 months i paid around £2k of the agreement or more amount is around £9k. I am on jobseekers allowance and i dont see a job coming for me in my area any time soon. I am thinking of going to Canada as a few friends of mine are have said they spoke to their boss over there and they would get me an interview. What sort of advise can u give me about this finance agreement. The car is keeping me here and I cant go elsewhere because of it. I need help I want a life at this stage can anyone offer me advise.

car is acutually woth just over the HP even at private sale prices i got a real bargin when i got the car. Issue is trying to get someome to buy the car when its on HP

• 8 months later...

Well here goes a shocker of a story.

In March 2010 I got a car on finance from a Blackhorse finance dealer.

The car was worth £6500 I put £1000 down as a deposit and the rest £5500 on finance with BH.

At the time my passport was in the passport office been renewed the dealer got a faxed copy of my old passport not the original from BH

and proceeded to doctor the passport to pass it off as the original one.

I went for a year paying £156 pounds per month and then lost my job.

I contacted BH and they offered to half my payments which I accepted.

I went on for a few months like this and things began to get out of hand the very cold winter we had if anyone remembers it cost me a lot of money to stay warm and only been on benefit with no sight of a job.

I decided just to hand back the car as I was struggling to keep my head above water.

I had to stop paying them as I could not afford to keep going on it.

The auctioned the car which had very low mileage and they got £5000 pounds for it.

They made a total of £7232 that £5000 they got at auction plus £2232 they got from me.

They made a nice little profit and I lost big time.

The issue is after I returned the car they still wanted £3300 out of me.

The car agreement £9360 over 5 years.

I moved to a new address (outside of the UK or EU) and didn't update my details with them as I didn't want them to contact me again.

2 weeks ago Mackenzie Hall sent a letter to my landlady on the envelope it said the resident and when you open it the letter was addressed to me.

She then contacted my mother and it has caused major embarrassment for me now,

my ex landlady is now demanding they stop sending letters and for me to do something about them.

They sent another letter on Monday causing me even more stress.

I do not want to give these people my new address nor do I think I should be punished more for a bad choice of judgement.

At the time I took out the agreement I was a full time student in a part time job I don't think BH should have even loaded to me and the dealer committed fraud to get his sale by providing fake documentation to get his sale which BH helped him with. (I have a 3rd party witness to the deal)

Any ideas what I can do here?

If Muck Hall are chasing this it is probably totally unenforceable and another lemon.

Best idea IMO is to return any letters from them as 'not known' and this should shut them up. You can add to the numerous complaints against them with Ayreshire Trading Standards but what they are doing is highly speculative and aimed at embarrassing you into contacting them.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

First port of call is to reassure your landlady, there is NOTHING that this clown outfit can do, absolutely nothing, they are not bailiffs, they are the school ground bully.

Report them to east Ayrshire trading standards and add your complaint to the pile that will hopefully see these fools go to the wall.

You can also lodge a formal complaint about them to the OFT via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

and as you are overseas there is nowt they can do to you anyhow.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Seemly my landladys called Mukhall last week saying I had gone overseas and to stop sending letters to them they said they would stop sending letters I wonder will they.

Is my best course of action to forget all about them?

Well I emailed Trading Standards this is the muck I go back

i am sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with MacKenzie Hall.

If you wish to make a complaint against a debt collector you should contact the Financial Ombudsman Service on 08450801800 or visit http://www.financialombudsman.org.uk

I hope this is of some help.

Kind regards.

Consumer Advisor

Trading Standards Service

Civic Centre South

16 John Dickie Street

Kilmarnock

KA1 1HW

Tel: 01563 554372

Fax: 01563 554379

• 3 weeks later...

well my issues rattle on it seems blackhorse sent a statment for an amount that is much higher than the letter muckhall sent and its like i never returned the car to them on it theres no mention of it...

also i emailed my old land lady to tell her to stop sending the letters to my aunt she sent me this:

Sorry to hear you had all that bother - but I will continue to forward letters until your name is removed from any mailing lists using my address. Otherwise I would be inundated with post for previous tenants down through the years! If you'd prefer for me to forward them to ypursolitor rather than your aunt that's fine with me- just let me know.

I hope all's going well for you in

i dunno what to do this is causing me sleepless nights now. Also if i contact them it rests the clock ticking on this. I lost 3k on this deal i suffered enough. What can i do?

Yes, have your aunt return them in the post marked RTS not known at this address, and forget them, there is sweet fanny adams they can do.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• dx100uk changed the title to Blackhorse car finance and VS - Mackenzie hall chasing