• Tweets

• I have received a PCN from Euro Car Parks for MFG - Esso Cobham - Gravesend. I was completely unaware that there was any such limit for parking and always considered this to be a service station. I stopped there to use the toilet, have a coffee and made a couple of work calls. I have read the previous topics on this location which suggest I can ignore this and ECP will not take legal action. The one possible complication is that the vehicle is leased by my employer so I do not want to involve them with the associated reminders and threatening letters. The PCN was first issued to the leasing company Arval who have notified ECP of the hiring company. I have attached a copy of the PCN Notice to Hirer with details removed as per instructions. What options do I have or should I just pay the PCN promptly at the reduced rate of £60? img20240424_23142631.pdf
    • What you have uploaded is a letter with daft empty threats from third-party paper tigers.  Just ignore it. What we need to see is the original invoice you received last October or November.
    • Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

IB to ESA migration

reallymadwoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning, apparently delivered with the post (I live in an apartment building so my letterbox is not readily accessible) was an unstamped, handwritten (scribbled) envelope addressed to me. Allegedly an ATOS doctor called this morning to assess me.

Our post was delivered about 9.30 so this must have been quite early. Strange that none of the up to 4 people in the apartment at that time in the morning heard the very loud intercom. Also strange that they didn't bother to let me know someone would be visiting, or is this a ploy to blame me for all their problems?

I shall be writing to ATOS/DWP/MP this afternoon but fully expect my claim to now be ended due to not 'attending' the assessment. Will I appeal? Probably not. I'm done.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I thought you had to be given at least 7 days notice for the assessment?

You do normally. Even if you agree to an appointment at shorter notice they still have to have enough time to inform you in writing.

So far as I know, I haven't been informed of an appointment at all but it wouldn't be the first time that ATOS letters have not arrived on time or at all. They have repeatedly been asked to communicate via email because of this but have repeatedly refused to do so. Their appointments system apparently doesn't have email access.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

:Hiya reallymadwoman:

Just as well : Dilizjo: hasn't used all the :frusty::frusty::frusty:, yet!

Best guess translation?

For anywhere that's south of Birmingham, Shatos simply can't recruit enough doctors to do planned home visits. Probably found themselves with a spare doc this morning cos of two neurological no shows and decided to chance their luck. Said doc was almost certainly reluctant to do the visit and used the lack of direct assess to your front door as a get out clause. Bet s/he wasn't carrying a Neal audio recorder either!

This is a very appealable 'failure to attend' but it has to be your decision.

For others who find themselves in this situation or similar circumstances;

Decision Makers' Guide Volume 8 on the Work n Pensions website.

Chapter 42, sections 42265 - 42272.

Sincerely, Margaret.

• 2 weeks later...

Negative update.

Nothing from ATOS (2 months), DWP (6 weeks) or MP's office (10 days). I have clearly simply ceased to exist.

This may be a mistake. As many others have found in the past, ignoring me is never a good idea.

RMW

As always, if I complain about not getting a response one magically turns up, usually around 5 pm. This one is from ATOS and what a load of bovine excrement it contains (sorry if that offends anyone).

Apparently when I was not expecting my visit none of the 4 people in the house heard the intercom, the phone (even though they don't have my number) or the doorbell. And the letter was delivered 45 minutes before they say it was posted. Almost as miraculous as their cure rate.

As expected, they've referred me to DWP for a 'failure to attend'.

RMW

That is disgusting RMW, they really are using underhand tactics now, I hope you are going to fight this.

This definitely does a merit :frusty::frusty::frusty: and an extra one:frusty:, haven't been using that for a while as head hurt....

So much for promises - as if I could seriously ignore this even for a few days.

Having gone through the response to my complaint more carefully it says 'it was accepted upon file review that sufficient evidence was available to recommend a finding of 'limited capability for work' but a face to face assessment was needed to determine 'limited capability for work related activity'.

So they accept I'm unfit for work, the evidence they have to prove this also states categorically how I meet three different support group criteria (and exceptional circumstances just to top it off), but that isn't good enough. They still have to mess me about for 10 months and then effectively close my claim. I am speechless, which my husband says has never happened before. Ever.

RMW

So is this being classed as a positive or negative step RMW?

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

Incidentally regarding your alleged visit that took place when you were in and no one heard the intercom etc. I sympathise greatly with you. This seems to be everybodies excuse nowadays..........

On a seperate note, I had an attempted delivery on Tuesday while we were in waiting for it, anyway they tried to get an answer for 10 minutes before giving up and leaving a card. We never heard the bell or door, neither did the neighbours. So I organised it to be delivered on 21/12 because I had to go to my MIL's funeral 80 miles away. Anyway they are now claiming I signed for my item at my property yesterday........ while I was in a crematorium 80 miles away. I must have bloody long arms:madgrin::lol::madgrin: that's all I can say!

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

I haven't heard from DWP yet, but the bottom line is that although ATOS accept I am not fit for work they claim I failed to attend an assessment - note I've not been given a second chance which I understand is usual - so unless DWP accept that I had good cause not to attend I will be deemed 'fit for work' and my benefit will stop. The whole system is just totally barmy.

RMW

• 2 weeks later...

And now the hospital have cancelled my appointment at the pain management clinic for which I have waited 9 weeks. To add insult to injury, had a horrible night last night and had just managed to drop off to sleep when the phone rang and now I'm wide awake again.

RMW

And now the hospital have cancelled my appointment at the pain management clinic for which I have waited 9 weeks. To add insult to injury, had a horrible night last night and had just managed to drop off to sleep when the phone rang and now I'm wide awake again.

Pain clinics are a nightmare - I can certainly empathise - I was due my next appointment in November 2012, and no appointment in sight. In the meantime, before christmas I parked my motability car 20 metres from the house (only space available), but my pain has increased to a level that I can't actually walk to my car at the moment......maybe I can get a taxi there :) .

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Pain clinics are a nightmare - I can certainly empathise - I was due my next appointment in November 2012, and no appointment in sight. In the meantime, before christmas I parked my motability car 20 metres from the house (only space available), but my pain has increased to a level that I can't actually walk to my car at the moment......maybe I can get a taxi there :) .

This was my first appointment so don't really know what to expect. I had spent the last couple of days trying not to expect a miracle cure since my GP has pretty much given up.

Looking on the bright side, at least I didn't have to go out in this horrible weather.

RMW

This was my first appointment so don't really know what to expect. I had spent the last couple of days trying not to expect a miracle cure since my GP has pretty much given up.

Looking on the bright side, at least I didn't have to go out in this horrible weather.

I found the pain clinic doctor was helpful and far more thorough than my GP. I had a spinal injection, which helped a little, and trying pain meds. The nightmare is that it is so drawn out - I think I waited 9 months for the first appointment, then another 8 months for the spinal injection, and now 5 months for a follow up. In the meantime the condition has deteriorated, and GP's are really unwilling to prescribe stronger pain meds, preferring to leave it to the pain clinic.

Hope you get your first appointment soon.

Thanks for the info.

I had two spinal injections a year ago (A Year Ago??? Can't believe it's been that long!) which unfortunately didn't work.

I have severe neuropathic pain in my leg following failed surgery plus unrelated neuropathy in both thighs and both hands due to the length of time it's taken to sort out my thyroid problems. The biggest problem I have is lack of sleep because if one bit is quiet for a while I can guarantee something else will disturb me. I now consider staying in bed for more than 4 hours (note, not necessarily asleep) to be a good night.

Again, looking on the bright side, I'm sure there's plenty of people worse off than me. At least I have food, shelter and warmth and minions to do my bidding - if I pay them enough!

RMW

Thanks for the info.

I had two spinal injections a year ago (A Year Ago??? Can't believe it's been that long!) which unfortunately didn't work.

I have severe neuropathic pain in my leg following failed surgery plus unrelated neuropathy in both thighs and both hands due to the length of time it's taken to sort out my thyroid problems. The biggest problem I have is lack of sleep because if one bit is quiet for a while I can guarantee something else will disturb me. I now consider staying in bed for more than 4 hours (note, not necessarily asleep) to be a good night.

Again, looking on the bright side, I'm sure there's plenty of people worse off than me. At least I have food, shelter and warmth and minions to do my bidding - if I pay them enough!

:) Yes, I have a minion - luckily he does it for love not money! Hmmm, sounds kinky when written down!

I found the pain clinc staff really helpful. they can get you access to many NHS treatments and departments GP's can't, and faster. . I also take alpha lipoicc acid supplements for nerve pain as they help to protect the nerve endings and can help in damged nerve repair. (diabetic neuropathy peripheral, autonomic and painful- 600 mg per day. They don;t work for everyone but as a very powerful anti oxidant if nothing else they keep your skin looking younger than your years. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

To hopefully get in first I wrote to the DWP before Xmas with my version of events, and copied in my MP.

Despite the initial help MP is now ignoring me and I've not heard a word from DWP though I did still get paid as usual the week after Xmas.

I know everything takes longer at this time of year and I know there's a huge backlog but I wish they'd get on with it and decide one way or the other.

In the meantime I got my rearranged Pain Clinic appointment and the staff are brilliant. I have new stuff to try and a follow up appointment in 3 months.

RMW

DWP have totally ignored the letter I sent explaining what happened over the 'missed' assessment and sent me a form to complete, which has to be returned within 7 days.

They sent it 2nd class and it's taken 5 days to get here.

I am not impressed.

RMW