• Tweets

• Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
    • Even on their map on their website, these parking rules encompass the whole pleasure park - there is no dedicated area for permits and another for free parking as stated. royal leisure park praking area map.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

IB to ESA migration

reallymadwoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:reallymadwoman:

Given that the eventual outcome of my reassessment will affect my family, we have discussions about what to do for the best in our house as well. Apart from anything else I need my daughter to keep the technology working and my husband to courier everything to the Post Office.

It has occurred to me that in the midst of my complaining about complaining to the Astressors I forgot to ask if there was a hint of anything useful in their response. Now I understand that it's entirely your fault you've been waiting nine months for a messical, entirely your fault that DWATO don't have enough recording machines or a ground floor assessment centre near your home, but praps they gave you a clue as to what they're going to do about it :?:

Take care of yourself, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has occurred to me that in the midst of my complaining about complaining to the Astressors I forgot to ask if there was a hint of anything useful in their response. Now I understand that it's entirely your fault you've been waiting nine months for a messical, entirely your fault that DWATO don't have enough recording machines or a ground floor assessment centre near your home, but praps they gave you a clue as to what they're going to do about it :?: [/color][/size][/font]

Take care of yourself, Margaret.

You are spot on that it is completely my fault that they don't have enough equipment or suitable premises - if I could manage stairs and wasn't demanding a recording there would be no problem at all! As to what they are going to do, who knows? I certainly don't because they haven't told me, but perhaps that's because they don't know either.

We are currently drafting our response to their response - this could go on forever!

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

:reallymadwoman:

'...... that's because they don't know either!'

Another comment that's probably spot on. Could offer a few suggestions but doubt the Astressors'd like em; might dent their obscene profits. Can't be having that now can we?

Was sort of hoping against hope they'd be sensible and give you some inkling cos I know you want it over and done with, but clearly twas too big an ask. :doh:

Take care, Margaret.

Response and request for review by a senior management sent yesterday. When that comes back in equally patronising and avoiding terms, it's on to an independent review which could apparently take months. in the meantime, I'm still waiting for another appointment - number 5 and counting.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

In their response to my complaint ATOS said they had contacted my GP and been told a few things which I wasn't very happy about, so I raised the subject when I saw my GP today.

There is absolutely no record on my file of any contact from ATOS and my GP denies categorically that he would have ever said what he is supposed to have said, and I believe him. Specifically, he says he would never discuss a patient on the phone with someone he knows nothing about without my express written permission, and there is no copy of my authority anywhere on record - he went through my paper file whilst I was there, though we were both aware he was going through the motions as he'd be very unlikely to forget a conversation like that.

My GP is furious and has asked for a copy of ATOS' letter - he quite rightly thinks they could easily have destroyed our doctor/patient relationship - and I'm quite willing to let him handle this complaint. I think ATOS may have seriously outdone themselves this time, especially since the GP is now very firmly on my side and rapidly getting up to speed on ESA criteria. I am expecting a very supportive letter from him shortly.

RMW

:Hiya reallymadwoman:

You heading for another sleepless night? What you've described is offensive n underhand even by the Astressors standards, which are already lower than the lowest of the low. One of my first thoughts is that the :lie::lie: strengthen the argument for audio recorded messicals.

Have a careful re-read of page 19 of an ESA50. (Seem to have spent all day dealing with ESA50s for one reason or another) Does what the Astressors have written come under 'info which is needed to deal with this claim for benefit'? They've decided on a home visit cos they haven't got a chair accessible centre. You want an audio recorded messical. Not sure either issue has any relevance to eligibility for benefit?

Of course the pinocchios could end all this aggro by getting your messical over n done with but as that seems beyond them, good luck to your doc.

Sincerely, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

In their response to my complaint ATOS said they had contacted my GP and been told a few things which I wasn't very happy about, so I raised the subject when I saw my GP today.

Perhaps not relevant in this instance as your GP didn't give out any info. But when you sign the declaration on page 19 of the ATOS form you give permission for any health care professional advising the DWP ie ATOS permission to contact any doctor gor any information needed to deal with a claim, from any doctor, consultant or professional you've mentioned on your form.

I would be perfectly happy if ATOS had spoken to my GP and he'd given them his honest opinion etc, what has made us both really really mad is that they say they spoke to him and that he gave his (not in my favour) opinion on a number of matters whereas he has in fact done nothing of the sort. No doubt they have confused me with another 'customer' and it's a one off error that won't happen again.

RMW

Dropped off a copy of ATOS' letter to the GP and letting him deal with that complaint.

I'm still waiting to hear from them about both the complaint and the next date for my assessment.

In the meantime my GP has arranged an assessment by the Council's occupation health people to see what aids etc I might need. I'm sure this is a good thing, but dealing with ATOS has clearly made me paranoid as I'm worrying that having any particular aid recommended will lead ATOS to believe I no longer have any problems. There's also a bit of the 'aids are for old people' thing going on, but I'll have to get over that. We're also considering hiring a mobility scooter to see how I get on. I promise not to use it to exact revenge for all those pushchairs that have made contact with my ankles over the years.

RMW

:Hi reallymadwoman:

Wow! Hold onto that doctor (metaphorically). Is he going to take over the complaint for you? Or is he starting another one? Like lots of others, our doc's practice won't have anything to do with DWATO. Unless they've no choice, cos it's via an ESA113.

Astressor induced paranoia? Use of aids and appliances has to be reasonable and some activities/descriptors have to be done without help, no matter how many aids you've got.

CSE/151/2012 (not yet on the decisions database but can be Googled).

And for those who've not seen it CE/1217/2011 which lead to memo DMG 24/12.

Careful with that scooter. Pinocchio'll magic it into a manual chair. :lol:

Sincerely, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

If i read starryeyes right it would appear that even if was reasonable to be assessed with a particular aid for medical reasons, all that could be ignored if that wasnt practical to actually use one. So unless they asked details of your home / access and the like any imagined aid cant be considered.

:Hi reallymadwoman:

Wow! Hold onto that doctor (metaphorically). Is he going to take over the complaint for you? Or is he starting another one? Like lots of others, our doc's practice won't have anything to do with DWATO. Unless they've no choice, cos it's via an ESA113. GP is just complaining about them saying he'd made comments when he's not spoken to them at all, rest of it is still down to me

Astressor induced paranoia? Use of aids and appliances has to be reasonable and some activities/descriptors have to be done without help, no matter how many aids you've got. But what ATOS consider reasonable and what is reasonable aren't necessarily the same!

CSE/151/2012 (not yet on the decisions database but can be Googled).

And for those who've not seen it CE/1217/2011 which lead to memo DMG 24/12.

Careful with that scooter. Pinocchio'll magic it into a manual chair. :lol:Exactly what I'm worried about, especially since one of the 'alleged' GP comments I didn't like was the suggestion that I use a wheelchair!

Sincerely, Margaret.

Thanks for the cases, will keep a note for the appeal.

RMW

If i read starryeyes right it would appear that even if was reasonable to be assessed with a particular aid for medical reasons, all that could be ignored if that wasnt practical to actually use one. So unless they asked details of your home / access and the like any imagined aid cant be considered.

From what I understand if for example you could use a wheelchair to cover the 200 metres or whatever you will get no points for mobility whether or not you actually have a wheelchair. Technically you would have to be physically able to use a wheelchair, but ATOS are probably quite happy to leave it to you to prove to the tribunal why you can't use one.

RMW

Yes i tend to agree reallymadwoman. Theyll assume and upto you to disprove. Looks like in future on esa forms youll have to say imagined aids cant be considered for pratical reasons x y z. That should then put the onus back onto them to prove otherwise.

Yes i tend to agree reallymadwoman. Theyll assume and upto you to disprove. Looks like in future on esa forms youll have to say imagined aids cant be considered for pratical reasons x y z. That should then put the onus back onto them to prove otherwise.

Yes, I did this on my ESA50, and they accepted that a wheelchair was unsuitable, so definately worth trying.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Yes, I did this on my ESA50, and they accepted that a wheelchair was unsuitable, so definately worth trying.

Unfortunately it's now so long since I filled in my ESA50 that everything has changed.

RMW

Would you have to provide evidence, instead of just saying "I have severe back issues and can't sit in a wheelchair long enough to self propel 50m"? I was always told to write on DLA forms why aids don't work. They then replied with "using aids, you can communicate".

If the assessments were fair then you wouldn't need to prove anything because it would be obvious why you couldn't, for example, use a wheelchair. I have proven arthritis in my shoulder and severe nerve damage in both hands plus, to put it bluntly, I'm too heavy. However, I'm fully expecting the wheelchair thing to come up.

From the cases quoted earlier in the thread they should not only consider if you can use an aid, but also if it's been prescribed or recommended, if you have the aid and if it's even practical for you to have it - the case they were talking about was a wheelchair one, but they hadn't taken in to account that the claimant lived in a flat without a lift, so where would they leave the wheelchair?

RMW

From the cases quoted earlier in the thread they should not only consider if you can use an aid, but also if it's been prescribed or recommended, if you have the aid and if it's even practical for you to have it - the case they were talking about was a wheelchair one, but they hadn't taken in to account that the claimant lived in a flat without a lift, so where would they leave the wheelchair?

Thats my understanding the, real world praticalities and if its medically recommended to use one.

From what I understand if for example you could use a wheelchair to cover the 200 metres or whatever you will get no points for mobility whether or not you actually have a wheelchair. Technically you would have to be physically able to use a wheelchair, but ATOS are probably quite happy to leave it to you to prove to the tribunal why you can't use one.

I will point out when I attended my medical, I brought the aids with me I was told to use (not a wheelchair) and explained vocally as well as in writing that I was told a wheelchair is not practical for me. I believe ATOS did accept this as I struggle to see where else I would have got a lot of points from, maybe a couple of 3pt descriptors but not all 15.

If the assessments were fair then you wouldn't need to prove anything because it would be obvious why you couldn't, for example, use a wheelchair. I have proven arthritis in my shoulder and severe nerve damage in both hands plus, to put it bluntly, I'm too heavy. However, I'm fully expecting the wheelchair thing to come up.

The shoulder and hand info should be sufficient reason to satsify why you can't use a wheelchair even for the Atossers idiots.

With the theoretical wheelchair, they don't care whether you have one, can get one, where you'd keep it, or how you'd cart it on a bus or train each time you went out if you don't have a car or drive. But if there's a reason why someones's upper strength isn't suitable to self propel themslves in wheelchair they have to rule the wheelchair out as a mobility solution. That includes things like cardiac , lung capacity or in your case hand and joint problems.

Don't give up on the claim, you've gone too far down the road to let their admin inefficiency win the day. Have to say it looks like the ATOS doctor who first evaluated your form to decide whether you should have a face to face assessment or not , didn't bother to read it.

Right, I've really lost patience with ATOS. Still no appointment and they're now ignoring my emails.

I've considered contacting my MP but he's proved to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard in the past - toes the party (Conservative of course) line to the letter and doubt he'd consider criticising one of their buddies. Can I insist that he intervene, or is there some other way I can get ATOS to do something? Would contacting DWP be of any help? Any other suggestions?

I'm even willing to go public if necessary. I've totally had enough of this after yet another sleepless night but I don't want to throw in the towel before I've done everything possible to at least get ATOS a good telling off. I can't prove that the stress has contributed to my recent severe decline in health, but it's certainly not helping.

And on a completely different subject, I'm still waiting to hear about my blue badge application - how long should that take? (Application direct to the council, not via High Rate Mobility, heard nothing since the form and documents were sent in.) No blue badge means I have to have a taxi to the GP surgery even though it's only 200 yards down the road, but luckily I know a very accommodating dispatcher since there's not many taxis would do such a short journey.

Having a rubbish day after a rubbish night - I'm not even dressed yet and may not bother. Not a good sign.

RMW

Hi RMW

Please do contact your MP and get him involved, I did mine and through him I have a letter from Bryan Peryy the National Customer Relations manager for ATOS, still haven't got the letter from DWP that was promised though..... my MP is also one of the ConDems......

I have full empathy with the night situation you have:grouphug: and if I hadn't had to go to the assessment this morning think I would still have been in my jimjams as well:-(

Emailed letter to MP and will await response, if any.

Last time we sought his help was when there was a huge delay in paying daughters £30 a week for going to college - can't remember what it was called - MP sympathised and promised it would be sorted by the following year, when of course she would have left. Chocolate fireguard. Let's hope he does better this time.

RMW