Barclays Refusing PPI Claim - Say not Mis-Sold *** SUCCESS ***

rknight20772
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After successfully reclaiming PPI on my Barclays credit card, I have now started to try and do the same thing on a Barclayloan Select.

This time, I have much more evidence. I have a years worth of statements, and the original insurance document.

After sending this information to Barclays, they wrote back to me telling me that they had no record of me having PPI on the account and so would not uphold my claim, unless I could send them any further information.

I wrote back to them, telling them that I sent them the statements and the policy with my first letter and enclosed a further copy for there reference.

5 days later, I recieved a response from them stating that they had reviewed the "range" of information they had and they could find no evidence that PPI had been mis-sold. This despite that fact that 1. I didnt need it and 2. had pre-existing medical conditions that they didnt ask me about.

There letter states that they looked at the complaint rate for the person that sold me the policy and that I was the only person to complain so there couldnt have been any mis-selling!

I have SAR'd Barclays to try and see this "range" of information they have used to deny my claim. 40 days are up, and they are now claiming that they didnt recieve the SAR, despite it been signed for by "Barclays"

If I push them, will they investigate further (like Barclaycard did) or should I just pass it on to the FOS?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Your choice really

fos will be very slow and there is no reason why you shouldn't push them yourself.

It is absurd of them to try and use the argument that the person who sold it to you has had very few complaints and therefore it cannot have been mis-sold. Unbelievable.

ims

Edited by ims21

You can either go to the FOS - aprox 24 months and 8% interest

or

County court - aprox 6 months and restitutionary interest - at about 15%

You choose

• 1 month later...

Quick update.

After phoning Barclays head office 3 times a day for a week, and insisting to be put through to Bob Diamond I was eventually transferred to their "Executive" team. 24 hours later, just under £5000 was paid into my account.

I keep saying this, but thank you again to everyone that keeps offering me advice. Some times you think "is it worth it", but with some persistance, it definatly is!

Hi RK and thanks for the update.

Well done for your tenacity - aiming high at their Senior Execs has paid dividends for you.

:whoo:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)