Equidebt

exRAF
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

has anyone on the board had dealings with Equidebt? I've had a letter from them; Usual format, Reference number, are you this person, if so call, if not call and help us find them.

I'm going to file in under 'ignore' as it seems like a fishing trip for them. Most of my debt becomes SB by August of this year (5 year point as I'm in Scotland), and in fact some of it should be now. I'm just trying to keep my head under the radar.

Hi all,

Hoping I can get a spot of advice on the below if possible.

I had a similar letter from Equidebt last week and have been at work during the office hours so called them this morning (reading above I should have not done so).

Confirmed all the details and the chap told me what the debt was for, from 1999. I told him that as far as I was concerned it was statutory barred and an unenforceable debt to which he replied "yes its SB and we cant legally chase you however the debt is still outstanding, if we dont recover the debt then someone else will chase you for it, it wont ever go away"?

Is that just scare tactics and my own fault for phoning them (getting what I deserve for not reading here first!)

I've asked him to confirm it in writing so I can use one of the templates on this site to officially inform them of my intention to query liability as no one has contacted me for way over 6 years, is there anything else I should do?

Thanks for any help!

Hi Welcome to CAG.

Send them This:

'' Take note I do not acknowledge any debt to

you or any company you may claim to represent''

Further to your recent contact regarding xxxx xxx

I am formally informing you that the alleged debt

is STATUTE BARRED and therefore I will NOT be

making ANY payment OR offer of payment now

or in the future.

You will therefore remove all data relating to me

from your records how so ever held.

I am sure I do not have to remind you of the OFT

Guidance on Statute Barred debt, and in particular

the selling of SB debt without informing the purchaser

od the status of the debt.

Send RD to the COMPLIANCE MANAGER at Equidebt.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Desperate saddo's, really, how pathetic can you get.

They can 'ask' until their blue in the face, but once it is SB you don't need to pay anything and their is diddly squat they or any of the other reprobates can do.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Interesting section in OFT Guidance 2011.sect 3.23 ©

Creditors (inc DCAs and debt purchasers)

failing to identify to debt purchasers debt

known to be stat barred.

If proven this can have ''regulatory repercussions''.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

"Regulatory repercussions" = The removal of their red ink cartridge..

My words Boo,:madgrin:

It's is considered unfair and improper practice.

sub sect (g) also applies.

Two words they don't know the meaning of....Unfair/Improper...there's a few more I could add, but won't for fear of CAGbot..:scared:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

:lol::lol:
Two words they don't know the meaning of....Unfair/Improper...there's a few more I could add, but won't for fear of CAGbot..:scared:

Many thanks for the rapid replies.

So I'm safe that my debt is long since SB and Equidebts threats that it wont go away this morning were simply idle threats in the hopes of getting me flustered. There's no way that I can be made via legal measure to pay or get into trouble.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest, I'll await the letter I asked for from them and reply as suggested or with one of the template letters provided on the site here.

Thanks again!

If you think or know that a debt may be SB

first check credit files, default date and last

payment or acknowledgment in writting.

When you are sure get the Statute Barred

letter sent, otherwise you will still be chased.

I've today received another letter from these pond-life. They have now disclosed who they allegedly collecting on behalf of, how much is owed etc. They have stated that unless I make contact within seven days they may either 1. Commence further action through a solicitor, or 2. Send a collection agent to my home. To be honest the language infers that they probably don't have a leg to stand on, and if some pensioner in a dirty mack arrived at my home he'd get short shrift!

However, all this aside the original creditor sold the debt it would appear to another debt collection company, and from what I can see my last payment to the OC was around April / May time in '07 which means it's very shortly SB as I'm in Scotland. Equidebt are allegedly collecting on behalf of the DCA who bought the debt from the OC. It's all very fishy to me as the DCA who, as far as I'm aware, still own the debt are more than capable of collecting things!

Any input welcomed :-)

Add it to the ignore pile, the only time you need bat an eyelid is if they rake up enough cash to issue you with a summons, and even then it would easily be put to bed.

Add it to the ignore pile, the only time you need bat an eyelid is if they rake up enough cash to issue you with a summons, and even then it would easily be put to bed.

Thanks 'Boo, much appreciated. It's already in that pile :-D I just wish there was an easy way of finding out conclusively that my debts were SB. Being in Scotland helps as it's only 5 years, however it hinders as they appear on your file for 6 so using the rule of thumb that it's off your file, then it's SB goes out of the window.

Think I'll just try and ignore it all. Seems to have worked thus far! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well they're back like a bad smell again..........

This time they've not sent the letter to the correct postal address despite doing so before. I only received it as my Postman knows where I live. Anyone seen them do this before?

They have offered a one off payment then instalments, or a total payment in one go. Neither offer a discount strangely. What I find even more bizarre is they claim to be collecting on behalf of Aktiv Krapital. I thought they were more than capable of fighting their own battles?

Hi, i am new to all this stuff so not sure if i am doing this right?? had the usual letter from equidebt sayin is this you blah blah blah.... i did leave a debt on my credit card plus an overdraft before i left the u.k 11 years ago i am now back in uk would they be chasing me over these debts?? any help on the matter? also what should i do about he letter?

Anything that old is dead and buried, get on with your life and ignore them, you can check to see if they have managed to get a CCJ 'by default' by checking here http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself/ it costs £8 I believe and the info is sent to your email address.

Also check your credit file and see if anything is on there, there shouldn't be, but you never know with this sly industry.

Hi, i am new to all this stuff so not sure if i am doing this right?? had the usual letter from equidebt sayin is this you blah blah blah.... i did leave a debt on my credit card plus an overdraft before i left the u.k 11 years ago i am now back in uk would they be chasing me over these debts?? any help on the matter? also what should i do about he letter?

You have probably hit the radar with old debts that

are SB, but bbecause the creditor/DCA has never

been informed bt YOU that the debt is SB and you

will not be paying, the creditor is still able to pursue

for payment until you inform the in writting as stated

above.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

hi, i sent off a prove it letter to equidebt after the initial letter they sent me, got this as a reply what do you think??....

creditor: aktiv kapital uk limited

our reference: **********

with reference to your recent communication regarding the above mentioned account.

Please be advised we will contact you in due course.

should you have ant further queries please contact us blah blah blah....

anyone any ideas what this means???

what should i do next???

Edited by jlpdb79
: