Bryan Carter/Arrow/Fredrickson and Orange **Help with defence needed urgent**

missdpd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent out an S.O.S. But you should start on your defence as soon as you can.. and sort out a letter to the court to explain why your defence is late.

Have you kept the envelope their stuff came in ? And was there a covering letter attached with a date on it.. this will confirm the late submission to you and why you are late with yours.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It proves that they had already missed their deadline when they sent it to you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The covering letter they sent further proves this as well and states that it is pursuant to the Court Order, which, of course, it is not as they filed after the date. I could make up loads of excuses as to why I have not acted on this as soon as the date came and went but I shall not. Accountability for my actions, lessons learned.

All you need do is apologise for the delay in submitting your defence.

That you were waiting on the claimant repleading their claim and that you did not realise the importance of not informing the court that the claimant had failed to do this by the due date ordered by the court.

You now enclose your defence for consideration.

BCOBS

Is this put in a covering letter?

yes..

BCOBS

Law of Property Act 1925 and issues of Notice of Assignement,

does anyone know anything about it.

I ask as I moved from my previous property in 2007 and they claim to have served the NOA in 2010, which, I suspect, was at my previous property.

This would explain why I have never received one but does not explain why they will not provide me with a hard copy of it.

Is the NOA still effective despite my having never seen it?

As this type of notice is pretty standard, then they would have used a template letter with variables added into it.

They should however be able to provide some evidence of it having been sent (either by an entry on their computer) or a copy of the template.

You should have received a copy.. but whether or not it is effective if you havent received it... something I cant answer.

What other arguments are you going to put forward ?

BCOBS

No Default notice, no NOA, no agreement, in fact nothing received from them except a statement on Orange headed paper that does not prove to me they own the debt. I am happy to negotiate a payment with them if they can prove they own it, however, I am not paying anyone who cannot prove otherwise.

Default notice is covered under section 87(1)... hold on a sec and I will find a paragraph that you can use for that.

BRB

BCOBS

What legislation can I quote with regards to the correct formation of a Default Notice? e.g. has the Default Notice been completed correctly?

A default notice should... contain, the Creditor's name and address, state the amount of arrears correctly, should provide for 14 clear days to remedy.

Posting - they must allow 2 business days for 1st class and 4 business days for 2nd class post. Business days are Monday to Friday - not including weekends and Bank Holidays. Where a Notice is posted on Friday, they must lose the Sat and Sunday and start counting the business days from the Monday unless that is a bank Holiday when they should count from the Tuesday.

Where they fail to use the statutory wording/format

The Default notice served fails to contain the statutory wording required by regulation 2 and schedule 2 Para 4 of the Regulations. For the avoidance of doubt the regulations require the wording specified by the schedule to be used without variation as laid out at Regulation 2(6) of the Regulations.

Were you ever provided with a Notice of Sums in Arrears ?

Notice of sums in arrears.

• Pursuant to s86 (A-C) Consumer Credit Act 1974 there is a duty to serve notice of sums in arrears. The Claimant has not served such notices nor has it pleaded such, therefore the Defendant avers that by virtue of s86D Consumer Credit Act 1974 the Claimant cannot enforce the agreement as matters stand. For the avoidance of doubt the notice referred to within this paragraph are in addition to the Default notice not in place of.
  • Furthermore no OFT arrears sheet as required by s86©(3) Consumer Credit Act 1974 has been served.
  • By virtue of the failures outlined in Para X & X above the Claimant is not entitled pursuant to s86D (4) Consumer Credit Act 1974 to levy any interest from the point of the failure to serve the aforesaid notice of sums in arrears nor is the Claimant entitled to levy any default charges during the period of non compliance.

If you can explain the discrepancies on your default notice, it will be easier to find information to counter :)

BCOBS