Arrow Global-NCO Europe

Baba Doc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Recieved a letter before action from Freds. They have totally ignored my request to provide evidence as to my liability and assume they will win the case because they include the court and solicitor fees "should it benecesary to issue proceedings". Can someone please suggest what to do next ? Thanks

Yes make a formal complaint to the OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

Their lame empty threat might work on them but in the real world, where people are educated, their puerile letters are only good for hamster bedding!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Recieved a letter before action from Freds. They have totally ignored my request to provide evidence as to my liability and assume they will win the case because they include the court and solicitor fees "should it benecesary to issue proceedings". Can someone please suggest what to do next ? Thanks

Write back with a copy of your previous letter expressing your disappointment that you have not yet received a reply and saying how dismayed you were to then receive this threatening letter.

In reality don't worry about it - they won't issue proceedings!

Thank you both. I appreciate the support and the help you all provide. I did as Bazooka suggested and I have a case number now. Spoke to a very nice person who suggested to write to Freds reiterating the request and I will do that very shortly. Tingy, have you had a reply from them yet?

Yes and no. I've had a letter from Fredericksons dated Jan 5th 2011 (mine to them was dated the 6th Jan 2011) so they obviously crossed in the post. I therefore ignored the Letter Before Action ssaying they'd be issuing proceedings in the County court in 7 days and waited for a reply to my Prove It letter. I am still waiting and they haven't taken me to court, nor will they! They can't as they don't own the debt. All threats.

The Prove It letter is good, it often trips the DCA's up straight away as it's not what they're expecting.

I was thinking of asking for an SAR but hesitate between writing to orange or to Arrow global. Some posts recommended to send the request to the DCA and get them to do some work for a change but others said that you do not get the full info. What is the best approach? Thanks

Hi,

Think it's always better sending the SAR to the Origional Creditor.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Baba Doc,

You seem quite worried about this. A couple of years ago I emerged from having had my head buried firmly in the sand for several years. I went to CAB armed with some recent letters, and just from those they recommended I stopped making all payments to non priority debts and waited for someone to make me bankrupt.

Anyway I had three boxes full of unopened letters from DCA's, collected over a period of 2-3 years. I decided now I'm fighting back to open them out of interest. This is the bit I hope will reassure you. I had that exact letter from Fredericksons probably 10-20 times in those boxes from over two years ago and guess what? They still have not taken me to court. Nor indeed have I been made bankrupt. I've asked a few companies to make me bankrupt and had a lot of debt written off as they don't know how to respond. I'm now at the stage where I actually don't mind whether it happens or not as it honestly will make pretty much zero different to my family's lives.

What I'm trying to say is 99.9% of these letters are pure talk and meaningless threats. The chances of them carrying out what they say is almost zero.

I too am going through the Orange / Arrow Global thing as you know and you know where I am with it. An SAR will let you know whether Orange have the original contract you signed, but if they've got statements of you paying it, they've pretty much got proof that you owe the debt anyway. Given that is the situation I'd continue what I consider paper chess. The one thing a SAR may achieve is that it would let you know if there has been any serious pre-litigation and that all assignments have been completed legally, so you may find something you can challenge.

I'd be more inclined to say that you have a reasonably disputed debt with Advantis. You do not acknowledge any debt and have never heard of them, so are reasonably asking for proof of their right to collect the debt. As they have not yet responded to your request you cannot understand why you are getting threatening letters from another company you've never even heard of threatening possible court action. Could they please explain what is going on as you now have two separate companies apparently pursuing a debt that you have no knowledge of owing to either of them.

Above all, don't worry and take all their letters with a very large pinch of salt. My little story earlier is quite true and I'm still here and nothing terrible has happened. Please try not to worry!

Tingy!

Thank you Tingy for you reassurances. Arrow Global has given two alleged debts to two different DCA: Advantis and Freds. Advantis has not replied to my request yet and stopped sending letters. However, Freds ignored my request and sent the letter before action to whi I am going to reply. I know that they cannot take me to court because they do not owe the alleged debt. However, Arrow Global might as they seem to be belligerent and I want to be fully ready for them. I will carry on the letter game as yousaid and will try not to worry about it too much. Thank you for the support.

• 4 weeks later...

Fredrickson have been chasing me pay an alleged debt for about a month. I sent them a prove it letter which they ignored, but kept wrting demanding payment. I then sent them the data protection one but have not heard yet. Today, I received a letter from Carter demanding payment or they will recommend to their client that proceedings be issued without further notice. Can Freds just ignore my request to prove that I have a debt but forward my case to their solicitor for further harassment?

My initial reaction was "please expedite the matter" but it might not be the best approach! Any suggestions please?

Its just his tactics, until you receive a court summons I would just ignore him. There is something wrong with the man. However always make complaints to the ICO, OFT, Trading Standards etc.

If/when Carter does make a court application for a CCJ he can normally be swatted away like the nuisance he is very quickly. But in most cases it never comes to this. I had one of his 72 hour letters 6 weeks ago and I'm still waiting..........

Thank you both. Teed_off, my situation is somewhat different. I do not recognise it as a debt but as a penalty and have refused to pay since 2007. Others (there were a lot of people) in the same situation had their so called debt written off but mine seemed to have been pased on to Arrow Global. Is it worth responding to Carter's letter? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Fredrickson has decided to completely ignore my letters, including the one I sent to Bryan Carter. I received a letter from them saying that "as a gesture of goodwill we are prepared to accept a full and final settement on this account" Isn't that nice and generous?!

What I do not understand is the following sentence in their letter: "We are prepared to offer you one final opportunity to pay before recommending to our client that they instruct their solicitors to issue a claim at: my address." what does it mean? Why do they mention my address rather than me? Can someone shed some light on this please. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

*Update*

Received a letter from Advantis saying the following: "we are no longer dealing with your account. Our client has notified us to cease collection on your account. Your account has now been closed and there will be no further action taken by ourselves."

I am not sure I understand what is going on. Does it mean they could not find the paper work and as a result coudl not make legitimate claim; or does it mean they will simply pass it on to another DCA to have another go at tryring to get some money out of me?

I am not sure I should interpret their letter as 'good' news! Any thoughts?

That letter MUST be copied, the original safely stored away. That is their response to secretly admitting that they have exactly "nothing" in which to prove you owe anything, therefore they are not brave enough to continue pursuing you.

Now you could, if you wished, continue the fight, keep up the pressure and send them this..http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?412-Letter-following-up-after-a-Debt-Collection-Agency-has-closed-it-s-files

With a little luck this will show you their hand and have them admit to not having the correct docs to pursue, OR it might simply show you that they don't have the legal legs or knowledge in which to chase this up, therefore have passed it further down the barrel of deceit.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Advantis as they were acting for the OC, it might just give you some more ammo to use in the future, see what they say. It is extremely unlikely that the OC won't farm this out to another DCA to chance their arm and collect for them, so don't be surprised!

I am also having trouble with advantis credit for a loan i had with the lewis group asking me to start paying the debt which is supposed to be mine i asked them to send me a the cca and they couldn,t send it without £1 so i sent a £1 and i am still waiting for them to send me a copy of the cca and they said while i was waiting for the lewis group to send the cca i could be paying them while i wait please help.